From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: [NEWS] "Vivo" teaser trailer (animated musical)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 19:14:34 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 07:14 UTC

From ComingSoon.net ...

Vivo Teaser:
Netflix Nabs Rights to Lin-Manuel Miranda's Animated Musical
The first official teaser for Sony Pictures Animation's upcoming
animated musical film titled Vivo, which Hamilton creator
Lin-Manuel Miranda will lead as the voice of the titular
kinkajou. The teaser comes after Netflix has officially acquired
the global rights to the film, which marks the latest
partnership between the streamer and Sony. Check out the Vivo
teaser in the player below!

Teaser Trailer: (48secs)
<https://youtu.be/bPHJnsW18Lw>

According to Deadline, the license deal will be similar to
Netflix's acquisition of Kevin Hart's Fatherhood. Sony will
still retain the home entertainment and linear TV rights to all
other territories (including the theatrical release in China)
following its debut on the streaming service.

"Bringing Vivo to life has been an incredible artistic journey,"
Miranda said in a statement. "I couldn't ask for better creative
partners than Kirk, Quiara, Alex and the entire team at Sony
Animation. I'm so excited Vivo will have a home at Netflix, where
kids of all ages will be able to enjoy the film's songs and
adventures again and again."

Director Kirk DeMicco added, "Inspired by the words and music of
Lin-Manuel, Quiara and Alex, hundreds of artists at Sony Pictures
Animation worked through uncharted and difficult times, bringing
passion and beauty to every frame of the film. And as a musical,
Vivo is a love letter to Latin music, and this movie couldn't
exist without the heartfelt work of our vocal talent, including
Gloria Estefan, Juan de Marcos, Zoe Saldana, Brian Tyree Henry,
Ynairaly Simo and many others. I speak for everyone who helped
make Vivo when I say we couldn't be happier that our film can
soon be enjoyed safely by millions of families on Netflix."

Vivo is described as an animated musical adventure that follows
a one-of-kind kinkajou (aka a rainforest "honey bear," voiced by
Miranda), who must find his way from Havana to Miami in order to
deliver a song on behalf of his beloved owner and mentor Andres,
which will be voiced by Buena Vista Social Club's Juan de Marcos
Gonzalez.

The film is an exhilarating story about gathering your courage,
finding family in unlikely friends, and the belief that music
can open you to new worlds. It has an impressive voice cast led
by Lin-Manuel Miranda as Vivo along with three-time
Grammy-winning Latin pop legend Gloria Estefan as the love of
Andres' life, Marta and newcomer Ynairaly Simo as Andres'
grand-niece, Gabi.

Joining them are Zoe Saldana (Guardians of the Galaxy) as Gabi's
mother, Rosa; Michael Rooker (The Suicide Squad) as Lutador, a
villainous Everglades python; Brian Tyree Henry (Eternals) and
Nicole Byer (Nailed It!) as a pair of star-crossed spoonbills;
Leslie David Baker (The Office) as a Florida bus driver; and
Katie Lowes, Olivia Trujillo, and Lidya Jewett as a trio of
well-meaning but overzealous scout troopers.

Vivo is directed by Oscar nominee Kirk DeMicco (The Croods) and
Brandon Jeffords (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2) from a
screenplay written by Pulitzer Prize winner Quiara Alegría Hudes,
who previously worked with Miranda on the Tony-winning musical
In the Heights. It will feature original songs written by
Lin-Manuel Miranda and composed by Alex Lacamoire.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/1171173-vivo-teaser-netflix-lin-manuel-miranda-animated-musical>