Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: billande...@yahoo.com (Bill Anderson)
Subject: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (Danish with subs)
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 16:17:17 -0500
 by: Bill Anderson - Tue, 18 May 2021 21:17 UTC

You know how Moviepig refuses to say very much about the movies he
writes about? I mean he gets so cagey sometimes it's hard to tell
exactly what kind of movie he has seen. I've argued with him about this
because with some movies I wouldn't care less if I knew major plot
developments before watching. I mean, in TITANIC that boat was going to
sink, right? But sometimes I have to agree with the Pig: there are
certain movies that just need to unfold for me and the less I know about
them going in the better.

I'm so glad I knew only the barest essentials about RIDERS OF JUSTICE
with Mads Mikkelson when I watched it today. It's not that there's some
SIXTH SENSE surprise I need to avoid spoiling for you. It's just a
gripping tale that needs to unfold its developments in its own way at
its own pace. I can tell you that with all its action and bloody
violence it reminded me in a way of TAKEN (you don't want to mess with
Mads), but there's a lot more to this one than just that. And it's the
"lot more" that will likely decide whether the movie works for you. As
for me, I put this one in the category of movies that came out of
nowhere and unexpectedly delighted me, like IN BRUGES or THE THREE
BURIALS OF MELQUIADES ESTRADA. It's rare for me to find a movie that
makes me gush, but that's my reaction to this one.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (Danish with subs)

<YoXoI.410258$2N3.33906@fx33.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5075&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5075

Subject: Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (Danish with subs)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 18:41:59 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 18 May 2021 22:41 UTC

On 5/18/2021 5:17 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
> You know how Moviepig refuses to say very much about the movies he
> writes about? I mean he gets so cagey sometimes it's hard to tell
> exactly what kind of movie he has seen. I've argued with him about this
> because with some movies I wouldn't care less if I knew major plot
> developments before watching. I mean, in TITANIC that boat was going to
> sink, right? But sometimes I have to agree with the Pig: there are
> certain movies that just need to unfold for me and the less I know about
> them going in the better.
>
> I'm so glad I knew only the barest essentials about RIDERS OF JUSTICE
> with Mads Mikkelson when I watched it today. It's not that there's some
> SIXTH SENSE surprise I need to avoid spoiling for you. It's just a
> gripping tale that needs to unfold its developments in its own way at
> its own pace. I can tell you that with all its action and bloody
> violence it reminded me in a way of TAKEN (you don't want to mess with
> Mads), but there's a lot more to this one than just that. And it's the
> "lot more" that will likely decide whether the movie works for you. As
> for me, I put this one in the category of movies that came out of
> nowhere and unexpectedly delighted me, like IN BRUGES or THE THREE
> BURIALS OF MELQUIADES ESTRADA. It's rare for me to find a movie that
> makes me gush, but that's my reaction to this one.

Coincidentally, iirc, the first movie where you griped at my obdurate
non-disclosure was also a Mads Mikkelsen flick. (2012's THE HUNT.
Still memorable...)