From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Toy Catalogs
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 19:37:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 19:37 UTC

ATT,

Has anyone in the fandom ever created a G1 style toy catalog for any of
the post G1 toy lines? Seems like it would be relatively easy to do
nowadays with an endless supply of toy photos on the internet, photoshop,
etc. How great would it be to be able to download a toy catalog for say
the Energon line or for Kingdom.

-Banzaitron

Re: Toy Catalogs

<ded0997c-5fd6-4626-95ac-b9ac786955ban@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5122&group=alt.toys.transformers#5122

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 14:15:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Toy Catalogs
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 22:15 UTC

On Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 12:38:06 PM UTC-7, Anonymous wrote:
> Has anyone in the fandom ever created a G1 style toy catalog for any of
> the post G1 toy lines? Seems like it would be relatively easy to do
> nowadays with an endless supply of toy photos on the internet, photoshop,
> etc. How great would it be to be able to download a toy catalog for say
> the Energon line or for Kingdom.

What I've seen a lot of, in recent years, is people taking the old G1 catalogs and plugging the neo-G1 toys into their place. So, like, the 1984 checklist shows Netflix Soundwave, Siege Rumble and Laserbeak, Earthrise Starscream, etc. It's been done a lot and sometimes it turns out really well (but sometimes fans have to "cheat" and use photos of third-party toys because there haven't been official Hasbro updates for some characters). I realize that's not quite what you're asking, though.

Zob (these Mini Autobots are messengers with meaning!)

Re: Toy Catalogs

<sogv0a$14uk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5123&group=alt.toys.transformers#5123

From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 23:52:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 23:52 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 12:38:06 PM UTC-7, Anonymous wrote:
>
>> Has anyone in the fandom ever created a G1 style toy catalog for any of
>> the post G1 toy lines? Seems like it would be relatively easy to do
>> nowadays with an endless supply of toy photos on the internet, photoshop,
>> etc. How great would it be to be able to download a toy catalog for say
>> the Energon line or for Kingdom.
>
> What I've seen a lot of, in recent years, is people taking the old G1
> catalogs and plugging the neo-G1 toys into their place. So, like, the
> 1984 checklist shows Netflix Soundwave, Siege Rumble and Laserbeak,
> Earthrise Starscream, etc. It's been done a lot and sometimes it turns
> out really well (but sometimes fans have to "cheat" and use photos of
> third-party toys because there haven't been official Hasbro updates for
> some characters). I realize that's not quite what you're asking, though.
>

> Zob (these Mini Autobots are messengers with meaning!)

I googled what you are talking about. Very cool, I’ve never sent that
before. If I get some time off from work I might try to put one together
as a Xmas break project.

-Banzaitron