Nonsense and beauty have close connections. -- E. M. Forster

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper Again

SubjectAuthor
* Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper AgainZobovor
`* Re: Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper AgainMWG
 `* Re: Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise CliffjumperTravoltron
  `- Re: Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper AgainZobovor

1
Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper Again

<8d81f94c-ad9d-4418-ab6c-fb81c63082cdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5129&group=alt.toys.transformers#5129

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 19:18:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper Again
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 03:18 UTC

There are redeco versions of both characters coming, as part of the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line (so they'll be exclusive to Target stores):

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rereleases-of-cliffjumper-and-kup-with-new-paint-apps-coming-to-the-buzzworthy-bumblebee-line/46536/

I have to say that I love the painted window for Kup. That's a look he's had since G1, so it's authentic, plus I can't believe they actually painted the battle damage on him this time. This is, like, NECA-level attention to detail. I'm so there.

Cliffjumper also looks nice, in a more Sunbow-correct color scheme, fixing the red shoulders. I like the look of him a lot. I will probably be buying this one, too.

Zob (if I can find either of them, that is)

Re: Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper Again

<5eb99da9-9d9f-46b8-9b1e-5b10ddebb10cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5134&group=alt.toys.transformers#5134

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 14:04:25 -0800 (PST)
From: mwgo...@gmail.com (MWG)
 by: MWG - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 22:04 UTC

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 9:18:20 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:
> There are redeco versions of both characters coming, as part of the Buzzworthy Bumblebee line (so they'll be exclusive to Target stores):
>
> https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/rereleases-of-cliffjumper-and-kup-with-new-paint-apps-coming-to-the-buzzworthy-bumblebee-line/46536/
>
> I have to say that I love the painted window for Kup. That's a look he's had since G1, so it's authentic, plus I can't believe they actually painted the battle damage on him this time. This is, like, NECA-level attention to detail. I'm so there.
>
> Cliffjumper also looks nice, in a more Sunbow-correct color scheme, fixing the red shoulders. I like the look of him a lot. I will probably be buying this one, too.
>

> Zob (if I can find either of them, that is)

They are definite improvements over the initial releases. I hope they redo Netflix Bee in the colors of Worlds Collide Bee (with the Autobot symbol on the chest). That would do gangbusters. Maybe Arcee could have the grey rectangles on the car door, tinted face and painted lips (these details were left off Earthrise/Kingdom Arcee but the Lifelne that came in the set with Ratchet got them). Springer without the ugly battle damage would be great also, and they could definitely rerelease the Quintesson Judge with minor deco changes.

Re: Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper Again

<t12tef$mtn$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5705&group=alt.toys.transformers#5705

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper
Again
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 14:27:21 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 21:27 UTC

I went into Target yesterday and... holy crap, they were there!
I was about to put them in my cart, when I noticed... that some scumbag
had swapped them out with the old crappy versions of these molds.

Kup was just flopping around loose in the packaging. I had no idea why
Target would take merchandise back in that condition and plop it back on
the shelves.

I was so pissed off. I couldn't just leave them there for some sap to
fall for. I took it upfront and tried my best to explain what had
happened. I don't think they understood the problem at all until I said,
"They took out the valuable one and switched it with a worthless one."

Re: Get Ready to Buy Studio Series Kup and Earthrise Cliffjumper Again

<1492c96f-1092-452e-91d5-e9a745b140d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5706&group=alt.toys.transformers#5706

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 15:33:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:33 UTC

On Friday, March 18, 2022 at 3:26:41 PM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:

> I was about to put them in my cart, when I noticed... that some scumbag
> had swapped them out with the old crappy versions of these molds.

Ugh. That's super frustrating.

I actually love Target's return policy. The last couple of times I've had to make a return, they've been super friendly and super quick about it. Like, as in, I walk up to the customer service desk and I've got a gift card in my hands within 15 seconds. It's lightning fast. No questions asked.

But, I suppose that also means there are people who will take advantage of the policy. They told me I can do something like $100 worth of returns per year without a receipt, which seems more than fair. But, that also means some unsavory customer could potentially do a toy swap, like, four or five times.

> I don't think they understood the problem at all until I said,
> "They took out the valuable one and switched it with a worthless one."

I think there are two schools of thought when it comes to shopworn retail merchandise. There are people who think that a) something is no longer sellable as soon as it has a very minor cosmetic defect, and b) there are people who think literally anything can be sold. Neither extreme is very helpful.

The customers from column A will want a discount if a package has a very minor visible defect, and the retail workers from column A will throw something in the defect bin if the packaging is coming apart slightly. Me, I will tape a package back together if there's nothing else wrong and no pieces are missing.

Meanwhile, you get customers from column B who get angry and make YouTube videos of places like Walmart throwing away "perfectly good food" after their freezers went on the fritz and the perishable product has been out of the cold chain for six hours. And then you get retail workers from column B who try to repackage broken or defective products (like a stroller missing a wheel) and go, "Eh, price it low enough and SOMEBODY will buy it."

Walmart used to promote the "Store Within a Store" concept, and they essentially told the department managers to run their own departments and make the choices they would make if it was their own business. Not a lot of people do that now. They're cogs in the retail machine, and they don't get paid to make decisions. It's kind of sad state of affairs.

Zob (why do they call it "common sense" when it's so HUR DUR DUHHHHH)