From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: [NEWS] "The Count of Monte Christo" in development
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 09:36:17 +1200
 by: Your Name - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 21:36 UTC

Another moronic "reimagining" that will completely screw up the
original story with inane ideas of their own. If they want to make it
different to the actual story, then have the brains to call it
something else! :-\

From ComingSoon.net ...

Jack Huston to Lead & Write The Count of Monte Cristo Adaptation
According to Deadline, Constantin Film is currently in the process
of developing a new adaptation of Alexandre Dumas' classic French
novel The Count of Monte Cristo, which centers around a man
seeking revenge for his wrongful imprisonment. Jack Huston (Fargo,
American Hustle, Boardwalk Empire) has been tapped for the leading
role of Nicolas Cristo. Huston is also set to pen the adaptation,
with Into the Badlands filmmaker Stephen Fung attached to helm the
project.

"It has long been a dream of ours to take what we consider to be
one of the great works of literature and present it to a modern
audience in a unique and compelling way," Huston along with
executive producers Ian Duncan and Simon Boyes said in a statement.
"We couldn't be more excited to have partnered with Constantin,
Stephen, and Tea Shop to reimagine this incredible story and bring
it to life."

Fung added, "I am thrilled to board this journey with Jack, Ian,
Simon, and Constantin. I believe we share the same passion and
excitement to reimagine this classic tale of revenge and
redemption."

Constantin Films' new adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo will
follow Nicolas Cristo who is being described as a man broken,
betrayed, and locked away for over a decade, fighting to bring
justice to a world even more cruel and corrupt than the one that was
taken from him. This new take is expected to take the story through
Asia and the U.S.

The film will be executive produced by Huston, Fung, Ian Duncan, and
Simon Boyes, along with Oliver Berben and Robert Kulzer.
Constantin's Brandon Zimon, Colin Scully, and Alex Westmore are set
to oversee the project.

The Count of Monte Cristo has been adapted into film and TV a number
of times now, dating back to 1908 up until 2018. This includes Paul
Schrader's 1999 film adaptation titled Forever Mine, starring Joseph
Fiennes and Ray Liotta, as well as Kevin Reynolds' 2002 film starring
Jim Caviezel, Guy Pierce, the late Helen McCrory, and a then
18-year-old Henry Cavill in one of his earlier films.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1179323-jack-huston-to-lead-write-the-count-of-monte-cristo-adaptation>

Re: [NEWS] "The Count of Monte Christo" in development

<03fee02e-fb8a-432f-a572-ceae80ee43f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5193&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5193

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 07:16:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [NEWS] "The Count of Monte Christo" in development
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Tue, 22 Jun 2021 14:16 UTC

> Your Name
>
> According to Deadline, Constantin Film is currently in the process
> of developing a new adaptation of Alexandre Dumas' classic French
> novel The Count of Monte Cristo, which centers around a man
> seeking revenge for his wrongful imprisonment. Jack Huston (Fargo,
> American Hustle, Boardwalk Empire) has been tapped for the leading
> role of Nicolas Cristo.

He was great in "Boardwalk Empire" and "Fargo".

> Huston is also set to pen the adaptation, with Into the Badlands filmmaker
> Stephen Fung attached to helm the project.

Well, we'll have to wait and see what kinda writer he is but the problem
with adaptions nowadays, seems to be Hollywood executives injecting
politically correct bullshit into the story and thus changing it all around
for the worse.