It'll be a nice world if they ever get it finished.

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / The Rock, booted out of F9. GOOD

SubjectAuthor
* The Rock, booted out of F9. GOODRichA
+- Re: The Rock, booted out of F9. GOODFlasherly
`- Re: The Rock, booted out of F9. GOODtrotsky

1
The Rock, booted out of F9. GOOD

<c73c41f5-d9b0-4215-804b-d6002c4864a6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5196&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5196

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 19:53:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Rock, booted out of F9. GOOD
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Thu, 24 Jun 2021 02:53 UTC

That series never needed the pansy-a---ed things that pass for leading men these days. You look at The Rock who is no midget, but when you consider the so-called tough guy persona, he does not meet the requirements. Vin Diesel certainly did in FF. Stallone did. Schwarzenegger did, Bruce Willis did and even Jet Li did.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/23/entertainment/vin-diesel-the-rock-beef-trnd/index.html

Re: The Rock, booted out of F9. GOOD

<vt68dgdn376ebt500g62gr9vm7kf6ahm2k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5197&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5197

From: Flashe...@live.com (Flasherly)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: The Rock, booted out of F9. GOOD
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 01:59:49 -0400
 by: Flasherly - Thu, 24 Jun 2021 05:59 UTC

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 19:53:34 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
wrote:

> tough guy persona

He must have gotten a break in DOOM;- hell, everybody did: a tight
little game offset to first-shooter plays. I read they brought in
actual mercenaries to establish the ambient protocol of interaction,
although, direction and script, of course, is understatedly a needful
item to have presented Nine Inch Nails' Rezner, probably then living
in the Hollywood Massacre Mansion (of former Polanski repute),. where
Doom's credit soundtrack is assembled.

I even watched DOOM's "Goat" based character in another, U.K.
production, if all the more illustrative for how minor players in a
director game easily wander astray without the core dynamics to call
up on demand at the belly of a seated arena.

Re: The Rock, booted out of F9. GOOD

<sb9rq8$mep$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5206&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5206

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 07:43:49 -0500
 by: trotsky - Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:43 UTC

On 6/23/2021 9:53 PM, RichA wrote:
> That series never needed the pansy-a---ed things that pass for leading men these days. You look at The Rock who is no midget, but when you consider the so-called tough guy persona, he does not meet the requirements. Vin Diesel certainly did in FF. Stallone did. Schwarzenegger did, Bruce Willis did and even Jet Li did.
>
> https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/23/entertainment/vin-diesel-the-rock-beef-trnd/index.html

You're REALLY stupid. The Rock has to be paid a ton of cash at this
point in his career, John Cena likely gets one tenth as much or less.
It's all about the money, obviously. How can you possibly get this? A
multi billion dollar industry concerned with the bottom line--who knew?

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / The Rock, booted out of F9. GOOD