From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: [NEWS] "Downton Abbey 2" movie release pushed back Spring 2022
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 15:52:54 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 03:52 UTC

From ComingSoon.net ...

Downton Abbey 2 Gets Pushed Back to Spring 2022
According to Deadline, Focus Features has decided to delay the
release date for Julian Fellowes' upcoming Downton Abbey sequel,
which is currently still in production until August. Originally
set for a December 22, 2021 theatrical release, Downton Abbey 2
has officially been pushed back to the spring of next year on
March 18, 2022.

Despite avoiding a tough competition against The Matrix 4 and
Sing 2, the period drama film's new debut date has now put it
in the same release month with two indirect high-profile
competitors which are two of next year's highly-anticipated
superhero movies, Matt Reeves' The Batman, and Marvel Studios'
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Downton Abbey 2 will feature the return of the critically
acclaimed show's main cast, including award-winning actress
Smith, Hugh Bonneville, Laura Carmichael, Dockery, and Elizabeth
McGovern. The initial film followed a Royal Visit to the Crawley
family and Downton staff from the King and Queen of England and
ended with a ball fitting for the Royal Family.

Joining the original cast are new cast members, Hugh Dancy
(Elizabeth I), Laura Haddock (Guardians of the Galaxy), Nathalie
Baye (The Young Lieutenant) and Dominic West (The Affair).

The sequel will be directed by BAFTA-nominated director Simon
Curtis (My Week with Marilyn) from a screenplay written by Julian
Fellowes, who will also serve as a producer along with Emmy and
BAFTA Award-winning Gareth Neame and Emmy Award-winning Liz
Trubridge.

Downton Abbey 2 is a Carnival Films production, with Focus
Features and Universal Pictures International distributing.
Carnival Films is part of NBCUniversal International Studios, a
division of Universal Studio Group.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1181108-downton-abbey-2-gets-pushed-back>

Re: [NEWS] "Downton Abbey 2" movie release pushed back Spring 2022

<35bcf6cc-3558-4293-9cbf-d3da254ef69en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5264&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5264

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 05:45:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (Ed Stasiak)
 by: Ed Stasiak - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 12:45 UTC

> Your Name
>
> Despite avoiding a tough competition against The Matrix 4 and
> Sing 2, the period drama film's new debut date has now put it
> in the same release month with two indirect high-profile
> competitors which are two of next year's highly-anticipated
> superhero movies, Matt Reeves' The Batman, and Marvel Studios'
> Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Seems to me these are two pretty different fanbases?

Re: [NEWS] "Downton Abbey 2" movie release pushed back Spring 2022

<sbqndp$1t1b$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5265&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5265

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 10:13:15 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 3 Jul 2021 22:13 UTC

On 2021-07-03 12:45:09 +0000, Ed Stasiak said:
> Your Name
>>
>> Despite avoiding a tough competition against The Matrix 4 and
>> Sing 2, the period drama film's new debut date has now put it
>> in the same release month with two indirect high-profile
>> competitors which are two of next year's highly-anticipated
>> superhero movies, Matt Reeves' The Batman, and Marvel Studios'
>> Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
>
> Seems to me these are two pretty different fanbases?

They should make it a crossover ... Batman turns up at Downton Abbey. ;-)

Re: [NEWS] "Downton Abbey 2" movie release pushed back Spring 2022

<18dudyixxrzw1$.1nhqb8ymxb9u2$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5266&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5266

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 13:40:47 +1000
 by: alvey - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 03:40 UTC

On Sun, 4 Jul 2021 10:13:15 +1200, Your Name wrote:

> On 2021-07-03 12:45:09 +0000, Ed Stasiak said:
>> Your Name
>>>
>>> Despite avoiding a tough competition against The Matrix 4 and
>>> Sing 2, the period drama film's new debut date has now put it
>>> in the same release month with two indirect high-profile
>>> competitors which are two of next year's highly-anticipated
>>> superhero movies, Matt Reeves' The Batman, and Marvel Studios'
>>> Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
>>
>> Seems to me these are two pretty different fanbases?
>
> They should make it a crossover ... Batman turns up at Downton Abbey. ;-)

Ssssh! Keep your voice down.

alvey

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / Re: [NEWS] "Downton Abbey 2" movie release pushed back Spring 2022