Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 15:56:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Images of Blue Bluestreak, Guard, Nightprowler, BW Buzzsaw
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 23:56 UTC

We've got photos now for these four upcoming toys:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-legacy-nightprowler-along-with-buzzsaw-guard-and-bluestreak/46577/

So is the blue version of Bluestreak going to be a different character than regular Bluestreak? Is he, in fact, Silverstreak? I'm confused. I do find myself wanting this toy, though.

I'm sure Guard is a placeholder name, or short for something else, but everybody's been calling this toy "Guard" ever since he showed up in retail computers, so, at least for now, Guard it is. I'm not super excited about Diaclone Ironhide, but I like that they're paying tribute to some of these storied color schemes. Lift-Ticket is another toy like that (red Hoist), as well as the upcoming DK-3 (blue Trailbreaker). You know Hasbro would have sold all these color schemes as Transformers if they'd had a little more faith in the toy line during its initial launch. Or, they would have been added to the 1986 product line if they hadn't gone in such a radically different direction with The Transformers: the Movie.

Nightprowler's face isn't clearly visible in those photos, but other images of him have popped up, and he's a straight redeco of Kingdom Cheetor.

Buzzsaw is ugly. I hate the way they made his helmet look organic. The whole point of the alternate heads on the Beast Wars toys was that one looked robotic and the other looked animalistic. The Waspinator head we all know and love was the "mutant head," so Buzzsaw should look like a machine.

Zob (starting Weight Watchers and is cranky and hungry)

Re: Images of Blue Bluestreak, Guard, Nightprowler, BW Buzzsaw

<sqtg5u$i5v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5279&group=alt.toys.transformers#5279

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 16:32:15 -0800
 by: Travoltron - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 00:32 UTC

On 1/2/2022 3:56 PM, Zobovor wrote:
> So is the blue version of Bluestreak going to be a different character than regular Bluestreak?

Well, from what I recall from the bio card that came with the
Masterpiece toy, yes.

TFwiki seems to have deleted all references to it, though. Here's where
it was:
https://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bluestreak_(Masterpiece)&oldid=1411437

Re: Images of Blue Bluestreak, Guard, Nightprowler, BW Buzzsaw

<squ6gd$l88$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5280&group=alt.toys.transformers#5280

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 06:53:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 06:53 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> We've got photos now for these four upcoming toys:
>

> https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-legacy-nightprowler-along-with-buzzsaw-guard-and-bluestreak/46577/
>
> So is the blue version of Bluestreak going to be a different character
> than regular Bluestreak? Is he, in fact, Silverstreak? I'm confused. I
> do find myself wanting this toy, though.
>
> I'm sure Guard is a placeholder name, or short for something else, but
> everybody's been calling this toy "Guard" ever since he showed up in
> retail computers, so, at least for now, Guard it is. I'm not super
> excited about Diaclone Ironhide, but I like that they're paying tribute
> to some of these storied color schemes. Lift-Ticket is another toy like
> that (red Hoist), as well as the upcoming DK-3 (blue Trailbreaker). You
> know Hasbro would have sold all these color schemes as Transformers if
> they'd had a little more faith in the toy line during its initial launch.
> Or, they would have been added to the 1986 product line if they hadn't
> gone in such a radically different direction with The Transformers: the Movie.
>
> Nightprowler's face isn't clearly visible in those photos, but other
> images of him have popped up, and he's a straight redeco of Kingdom Cheetor.
>
> Buzzsaw is ugly. I hate the way they made his helmet look organic. The
> whole point of the alternate heads on the Beast Wars toys was that one
> looked robotic and the other looked animalistic. The Waspinator head we
> all know and love was the "mutant head," so Buzzsaw should look like a machine.

Still, looks like a better set than Fangry and the Forgettables. Guard
seems meh, although his feet looked different to me, so maybe there’s a
surprise. Nightprowler looks surprisingly ok. A little snow leopard. I wish
they changed the robot colors for him or Shadow Panther.

> Zob (starting Weight Watchers and is cranky and hungry)

I’m trying to just eat better food. If I can stay fat when doubling the
vegetables, so be it.