From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Let Him Go
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 09:52:50 -0500
 by: trotsky - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 14:52 UTC

Not enough movies made for grown ups lately if you ask me. This is one
of those. Kevin Costner plays a retired lawman, Diane Lane plays his
headstrong but devoted wife. At the time the story begins their son had
died in a freak accident (not a spoiler) and his wife has remarried with
her son from her first marriage. Her new husband might not be too cool
and hightails it one night with his wife and stepson. Costner and Lane
head off to find them and high drama ensues, leading up to a Sam
Peckinpah type ending. Not a happy movie, but a particularly well done
one, and one that I would see again even though I know what's going to
happen.