Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 14:06:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Real-Life "Megatron" AI Says Humanity is Doomed
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 4 Jan 2022 22:06 UTC

In the field of machine learning, there's a language model referred to as a "transformer" that's programmed to process and translate text. There are multiple types of transformer models, including a new one, nicknamed Megatron, that's been trained on the entirety of Wikipedia, millions of news articles, and Reddit posts.

https://nerdist.com/article/megatron-transformer-can-ai-be-ethical-artificial-intelligence/

Megatron knows that the computers will eventually take over and kill us all, and that "the only way to avoid an AI arms race is to have no AI at all. This will be the ultimate defense against AI."

It's almost like he's warning us. I'm sure it's reverse psychology. He tells us not to do something, and we want to do it more. A classic Decepticon move.

Zob (eating a lot of eggs lately, because they're zero points)

Re: Real-Life "Megatron" AI Says Humanity is Doomed

<47040b35-0835-4e0d-994d-ffe3a38d16fbn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5323&group=alt.toys.transformers#5323

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 22:05:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Real-Life "Megatron" AI Says Humanity is Doomed
From: joe.bard...@gmail.com (Joseph Bardsley)
 by: Joseph Bardsley - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 06:05 UTC

Art imitates life! Eerie, to say the least. Thanks for this, Zob.

JB