From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: [NEWS] "Val" trailer (Val Kilmer documentary)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 18:29:50 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 06:29 UTC

From Variety.com ...

Shows Intimate Look at Movie Star's Career, Recovery From Cancer
The day before its Cannes Film Festival premiere, Amazon Studios
released the trailer for "Val," a documentary about the life and
career of actor Val Kilmer.

"My name is Val Kilmer; I'm an actor," a narrator says in the
trailer. "I've lived a magical life and captured quite a bit of
it. I was the first guy I knew to own a video camera."

Trailer: (2mins 28secs)
<https://youtu.be/YqNnhgEyQCU>

Through Kilmer's own documentation, audiences will get a
first-hand account of the actor's journey from making 16 mm home
movies with his brother to performing in iconic roles for
blockbusters like "Top Gun," "Batman Forever," "Tombstone" and
"The Doors." Perhaps more revelatory will be a behind-the-scenes
look at Kilmer's life between films, as seen in moments in the
trailer when he's paling around with Sean Penn and Kevin Bacon.
Pulling from thousands of hours of footage, the film spans four
decades.

Kilmer also opens up about his throat cancer diagnosis and admits
that he still recovering and that because it is difficult to
speak, he has a hard time being understood. It's prompted him to
want to tell his story more than ever.

"I spent decades finding my voice through characters," Kilmer's
says over the Pixies' "Where is My Mind." "I've tried to see the
world as one piece of life."

"Val" is directed by Leo Scott and Ting Poo, who produce
alongside Kilmer, Andrew Fried, Dane Lillegard, Jordan Wynn, Brad
Koepenick and Ali Alborzi. Ben Cotner serves as executive producer.
It hits theaters July 23 and releases on Prime Video Aug. 6.

<https://variety.com/2021/film/news/val-kilmer-documentary-trailer-1235012607/>

Re: [NEWS] "Val" trailer (Val Kilmer documentary)

<qj8beg9624ek0t73uhu6u0av2d3juct3ae@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5296&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5296

From: Flashe...@live.com (Flasherly)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: [NEWS] "Val" trailer (Val Kilmer documentary)
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 08:54:02 -0400
 by: Flasherly - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 12:54 UTC

On Wed, 7 Jul 2021 18:29:50 +1200, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

> "I spent decades finding my voice through characters," Kilmer's
> says

Sounded like he'd stuck the golden spoon just fine, down his throat,
with prodigy Cruise and Dairy of a Vampire. A craftsman thing,
probably;- Who was that painter who'd sell paintings, switch and get
all obsessive, to sneak into people's homes to steal it back
temporarily for revisions and improvement?