Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: LSA...@UMich.edu (Jonathan)
Subject: Chinese Mars Rover Lands
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 09:41:27 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Sat, 15 May 2021 13:41 UTC

Now this is a proper landing site for a rover.

China's 1st Mars rover 'Zhurong' lands on the Red Planet
By Hanneke Weitering - Editor about 12 hours ago

It's China's first Mars rover landing ever.

"Utopia Planitia is believed to contain vast amounts of
water ice beneath the surface. It's also where NASA's
Viking 2 mission touched down in 1976."

https://www.space.com/china-mars-rover-landing-success-tianwen-1-zhurong

Unlike NASA that chose the site that was
as dead and dry that they could find.
Great for geology, great for looking at the
distant...past...of Mars.

But zero for finding life, by design.

NASA wants to delay any finding of life on Mars
for a manned landing. Else their decades long plan
for Mars might suffer the same fate as Apollo.

It's a crime against science for NASA to deliberately
delay for decades what promises to be the greatest
scientific discovery of all time.

It's a crime!

--
https://twitter.com/Non_Linear1

Re: Chinese Mars Rover Lands

<1guv9gdemn5ql66uunr27f0if9hqad2huj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=53080&group=rec.arts.sf.written#53080

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: Chinese Mars Rover Lands
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 09:43:09 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Sat, 15 May 2021 16:43 UTC

On Sat, 15 May 2021 09:41:27 -0400, Jonathan <LSA@UMich.edu> wrote:

>Now this is a proper landing site for a rover.
>

>China's 1st Mars rover 'Zhurong' lands on the Red Planet
>By Hanneke Weitering - Editor about 12 hours ago
>
>It's China's first Mars rover landing ever.
>
>"Utopia Planitia is believed to contain vast amounts of
>water ice beneath the surface. It's also where NASA's
>Viking 2 mission touched down in 1976."
>
>https://www.space.com/china-mars-rover-landing-success-tianwen-1-zhurong
>

>Unlike NASA that chose the site that was
>as dead and dry that they could find.
>Great for geology, great for looking at the
>distant...past...of Mars.
>
>But zero for finding life, by design.
>
>NASA wants to delay any finding of life on Mars
>for a manned landing. Else their decades long plan
>for Mars might suffer the same fate as Apollo.
>
>It's a crime against science for NASA to deliberately
>delay for decades what promises to be the greatest
>scientific discovery of all time.
>
>It's a crime!

If it were happening, it would be.

But paranoid delusions are not reality.

Get a grip!
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Chinese Mars Rover Lands

<BpSdnYLdiMZ2hDz9nZ2dnUU7-fHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=53093&group=rec.arts.sf.written#53093

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: LSA...@UMich.edu (Jonathan)
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 09:11:06 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Sun, 16 May 2021 13:11 UTC

On 5/15/2021 12:43 PM, Paul S Person wrote:
> On Sat, 15 May 2021 09:41:27 -0400, Jonathan <LSA@UMich.edu> wrote:
>

>> Now this is a proper landing site for a rover.
>>

>> China's 1st Mars rover 'Zhurong' lands on the Red Planet
>> By Hanneke Weitering - Editor about 12 hours ago
>>
>> It's China's first Mars rover landing ever.
>>
>> "Utopia Planitia is believed to contain vast amounts of
>> water ice beneath the surface. It's also where NASA's
>> Viking 2 mission touched down in 1976."
>>
>> https://www.space.com/china-mars-rover-landing-success-tianwen-1-zhurong
>>

>> Unlike NASA that chose the site that was
>> as dead and dry that they could find.
>> Great for geology, great for looking at the
>> distant...past...of Mars.
>>
>> But zero for finding life, by design.
>>
>> NASA wants to delay any finding of life on Mars
>> for a manned landing. Else their decades long plan
>> for Mars might suffer the same fate as Apollo.
>>
>> It's a crime against science for NASA to deliberately
>> delay for decades what promises to be the greatest
>> scientific discovery of all time.
>>
>> It's a crime!
>
> If it were happening, it would be.
>
> But paranoid delusions are not reality.
>
> Get a grip!

So why doesn't the current rover, or any previous
rovers, have the scientific instruments needed
that could prove life is currently there?

Why not? Can you answer that question?

The Viking Missions back in the 70's DID~

If you can't then the assertion NASA isn't
trying to find evidence of current life
on Mars...stands unopposed.

Their current rover claims, and I doubt you've
even visited the web page, that the hope is
they'll find a fossilized stromatolite.

The chances of finding such a thing lying about
on the surface is about ZERO, and they know it.

Here is the stated mission goals for Perseverance
rover, note current life is /NOT ON THE LIST/.

And note the last goal, the true goal.

Perseverance has four main science objectives.

Geology: Study the rocks and landscape at its landing site
to reveal the region’s history

Astrobiology: Determine whether an area of interest was
suitable for life, and look for signs of ancient life itself

Sample Caching: Find and collect promising samples of Mars
rock and soil that could be brought back to Earth in the
future

Prepare for Humans: Test technologies that would help
sustain human presence on Mars someday

NASA Astrobiology

Perseverance, NASA’s first Astrobiology-focused mission, will
collect and store promising samples of Mars rock and soil
on the surface of the Red Planet so that we can bring them
back to Earth for detailed study someday.
https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/mission/science/

SOMEDAY!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any idea how long a sample return mission
would take??? They can't land enough fuel to return
the sample directly, so it has to DRIFT back to Earth.
Could take 15 or 20 years or so to get the sample back.

Why not just take the instruments to Mars to test the
samples instead???????????????

Can you answer that question either?

Here's the scientific packages on Perseverance Rover.
Show me the instrument that could prove current life
is on Mars?

Perseverance rover will carry seven primary instruments:
Mastcam-Z
An advanced camera system with panoramic and stereoscopic imaging
capability and the ability to zoom. The instrument can also help
scientists assess the mineralogy of the Martian surface and assist with
rover operations.

Mars Environmental Dynamics Analyzer (MEDA)

A set of sensors to provide measurements of temperature, wind speed and
direction, pressure, relative humidity and dust size and shape.

Mars Oxygen ISRU Experiment (MOXIE)

An exploration technology investigation to produce oxygen from Martian
atmospheric carbon dioxide.

Planetary Instrument for X-ray Lithochemistry (PIXL)

An X-ray fluorescence spectrometer with high-resolution camera to
determine the fine scale elemental composition of Martian surface
materials. PIXL will provide capabilities that permit more detailed
detection and analysis of chemical elements than ever before.

Radar Imager for Mars' Subsurface Experiment (RIMFAX)

A ground-penetrating radar to provide centimeter-scale resolution of the
geologic structure of the subsurface.

Scanning Habitable Environments with Raman & Luminescence for Organics &
Chemicals (SHERLOC)

A spectrometer to provide fine-scale imaging and use an ultraviolet (UV)
laser to determine fine-scale mineralogy and detect organic compounds.
SHERLOC is the first UV Raman spectrometer to fly to the surface of Mars
and will provide complementary measurements with other instruments in
the payload.

SuperCam

An instrument that can provide imaging, chemical composition analysis,
and mineralogy. The instrument can detect the presence of organic
compounds in rocks and regolith from a distance. This instrument also
has a significant contribution from the Centre National d'Etudes
Spatiales, Institut de Recherche en Astrophysique et Planétologie
(CNES/IRAP) France.
https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/mission/science/

The rovers are a search for everything NOT called current life.

That is a /scientific fact/, I just proved it to you.

--
https://twitter.com/Non_Linear1