Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:45:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Authentics Ratchet quick review
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 01:45 UTC

So I picked up a bunch of Botbots last week on clearance at 5 below looking for the rubber duck for BW Megs, struck out, 14 botbots were only 4 different variations, so that was a strike out. So I bought Ratchet, the Authentics one

5 Below is right next door to my less fun not toy themed job, and I've been eyeing the Ratchet for awhile. It's cheap, low budget, but the Evergreen design captures the look of most Ratchets.

at the toy store I work at I frequently get parents and young kids looking for Ratchet to represent the robot the kid sees in Cyberverse, or Prime, or the G1 cartoon they watch with dad, but we mostly have movieverse green Ratchet.

This guy is a good representation of Ratchet, even igf it's simple. The toy comes packaged in robot mode, the shoulders, hips, and elbows have some articulation, though the halves of the front bumper do limit the usefullness of the shoulder joints. The shoulder pulls out from the torso a little, but not enough. His hands look like they were engineered to hold weapons, but it's not a 3mm or 5mm hole so good luck finding something.

to transform him, his fists fold to his shoulders, then his shoulders and hands fold over his face, the shoulder pegs can be pushed in tot he torso to connect the bumper halves together. Then you pull the back of the legs between the legs to form the top of the vehicle, then connect the feet and roof and collapse the thighs in to the boots, and you're done.

It's simple but an effective Ratchet, it has some minor flaws but overall the best simple Ratchet I've seen for a long time. The vehice mode looks a lot like the Cyberverse Spark Armor Ratchet from a few years ago with a lot less paint apps. The windshield is the only painted window, the wheels are red press on wheels, the thighs are red plastic, and the rest of the bot is white plastic with a red stripe only on the front and the emergency lights painted.

It's a little sad but I think I might have to tell prents with small kids to find a 5 below to find a white Ratchet.