A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Robot modes with beast heads

SubjectAuthor
* Robot modes with beast headsGustavo Wombat
+* Re: Robot modes with beast headsZobovor
|`- Re: Robot modes with beast headsTravoltron
+- Re: Robot modes with beast headsAnonymous
`* Re: Robot modes with beast headsEvil King Macrocranios
 `* Re: Robot modes with beast headsJoseph Bardsley
  `* Re: Robot modes with beast headsIrrellius Spamticon
   `- Re: Robot modes with beast headsJoseph Bardsley

1
Robot modes with beast heads

<sqmb1o$1kjf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5249&group=alt.toys.transformers#5249

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Robot modes with beast heads
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 07:21:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 07:21 UTC

Perhaps I am silly, but PotP Twinstrike looks great this way, especially
with two guns to match the two heads.

Kingdom Nemesis Primal is better this way too.

G1 Divebomb is quite excellent as a bird headed robot.

PotP Grimlock just looks silly though.

Anyone else have any favorites?

Gustavo! (Finishing up my Toy Of The Year write up, after changing it
several times)

Re: Robot modes with beast heads

<d1ed614d-9167-458e-851a-309d2db48e0fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5250&group=alt.toys.transformers#5250

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 07:57:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Robot modes with beast heads
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 15:57 UTC

On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 12:21:30 AM UTC-7, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> Anyone else have any favorites?

Kingdom Airazor doesn't look awful with a bird head. I believe Hasbro even photographed her this way when she was revealed, so it's an officially-sanctioned look for her. Airazor, Queen of the Bird People.

Do it with G1 Headstrong and Tantrum and they suddenly look like a couple of robotic Thundercats villains.

Can't think of any really good ones off the top of my head.

Zob (also working on a Toy of the Year write-up)

Re: Robot modes with beast heads

<sqncne$egf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5251&group=alt.toys.transformers#5251

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 08:56:34 -0800
 by: Travoltron - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 16:56 UTC

You guys are reminding me of the alternate beast heads from early Beast
Wars. Some of them like Waspinator were actually used on the TV show.

Re: Robot modes with beast heads

<sqnf1g$1iis$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5253&group=alt.toys.transformers#5253

From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 17:35:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 17:35 UTC

Gustavo Wombat <gustavowombat@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I am silly, but PotP Twinstrike looks great this way, especially
> with two guns to match the two heads.
>
> Kingdom Nemesis Primal is better this way too.
>
> G1 Divebomb is quite excellent as a bird headed robot.
>
> PotP Grimlock just looks silly though.
>
> Anyone else have any favorites?
>
> Gustavo! (Finishing up my Toy Of The Year write up, after changing it
> several times)

My favorite is the dog head on the ravage alternators black corvette.

-Banzaitron

Re: Robot modes with beast heads

<a5bfa101-0c0a-4143-9292-f64b89acbc07n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5310&group=alt.toys.transformers#5310

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:48:59 -0800 (PST)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 01:48 UTC

You could transform Prime Beast Hunters Knockout in a way that looked like a dragon headed gerwalk car. I loved it.

Snaptrap does this really well. You could leave the chest shield off of Piranacon and just have Snaptrap's turtle head poking out the chest and it is terrifying.

Re: Robot modes with beast heads

<788de580-1801-4184-96f9-f57436984829n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5322&group=alt.toys.transformers#5322

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 22:04:31 -0800 (PST)
From: joe.bard...@gmail.com (Joseph Bardsley)
 by: Joseph Bardsley - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 06:04 UTC

Does G1 Cuttthroat count? I've always been a big fan of the Terrorcons. :)

JB

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:49:00 PM UTC-8, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:
> You could transform Prime Beast Hunters Knockout in a way that looked like a dragon headed gerwalk car. I loved it.
>
> Snaptrap does this really well. You could leave the chest shield off of Piranacon and just have Snaptrap's turtle head poking out the chest and it is terrifying.

Re: Robot modes with beast heads

<f79a20f0-03d6-434b-a5e2-0c0213e56257n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5324&group=alt.toys.transformers#5324

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 05:56:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 13:56 UTC

G1 Mindwipe can have a sort of in between mode where he has a bat face and his knees bend the correct way, G1 Wierdwolf can have a halfway wolfhead mode, and G1 Skullcrusher has a weird "gator looking up giant head" mode I find quite funny.

Cybertron Leobreaker needs to put his robot face away so we're not subjected to his weird hair.

G1 Squalkbox can have monkey face in his abs.

TR Repugnus has a bug head mode the G1 cannot do (I got Repugnus yesterday, he's quite fun)

Swoop has a confused pterodactyl biped mode, and a robot faced small headed pterodactyl mode.

G1 Snapdragon has a brontosaurus mode using his cockpit as a face I discovered as a kid when I bought a headless Snapdragon in an antique mall and didn't know who he was

Re: Robot modes with beast heads

<d4a3998c-cd83-44be-a2ca-9aecc20a4bdbn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5335&group=alt.toys.transformers#5335

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 23:55:16 -0800 (PST)
From: joe.bard...@gmail.com (Joseph Bardsley)
 by: Joseph Bardsley - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 07:55 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 5:56:28 AM UTC-8, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
> G1 Mindwipe can have a sort of in between mode where he has a bat face and his knees bend the correct way, G1 Wierdwolf can have a halfway wolfhead mode, and G1 Skullcrusher has a weird "gator looking up giant head" mode I find quite funny.
>
> Cybertron Leobreaker needs to put his robot face away so we're not subjected to his weird hair.
>
> G1 Squalkbox can have monkey face in his abs.
>
> TR Repugnus has a bug head mode the G1 cannot do (I got Repugnus yesterday, he's quite fun)
>
> Swoop has a confused pterodactyl biped mode, and a robot faced small headed pterodactyl mode.
>
> G1 Snapdragon has a brontosaurus mode using his cockpit as a face I discovered as a kid when I bought a headless Snapdragon in an antique mall and didn't know who he was

I'm really enjoying this thread. Some fun new poses and plans to try out with my toys this weekend!

JB