Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 21:10:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Old corpse Spike Lee blurts out winner at Cannes festival
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sun, 18 Jul 2021 04:10 UTC

Remember the Cronenberg film, "Crash?"

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-57875578

Re: Old corpse Spike Lee blurts out winner at Cannes festival

<f9c7fgph49gp0lm92a0hprjhstsf6edr7q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5340&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5340

From: Flashe...@live.com (Flasherly)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 01:05:36 -0400
 by: Flasherly - Sun, 18 Jul 2021 05:05 UTC

On Sat, 17 Jul 2021 21:10:51 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
wrote:

>https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-57875578

I saw a mention of Titane, but took the premise literally for an
outlandish proposition. How does a woman have sex with a car, rather
where, if carburetors are passé and there's no sitting on a ramrod,
rocket-in-pocket fuel injector?

I suppose I can feel better that it's now all metaphysical. Crash,
the film, I do remember well -- if only enough better were it
forgotten.

Haunting is not to be mistaken, however, at some possible overlap,
actually many, for Cronenberg's (less astutely) Crash and Jonathan
Weiss' most sublime (from J.G. Ballard novel) "The Atrocity
Exhibition".

Then again, upon reading Ballard extensively, as the Merovingian said
(while swearing more generally at SciFi writers), is like wiping your
ass with silk.