Amnesia used to be my favorite word, but then I forgot it.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Images of Studio Series Junkyard

SubjectAuthor
* Images of Studio Series JunkyardZobovor
`* Re: Images of Studio Series JunkyardIrrellius Spamticon
 `* Re: Images of Studio Series JunkyardIrrellius Spamticon
  `- Re: Images of Studio Series JunkyardZobovor

1
Images of Studio Series Junkyard

<79ac39db-6e04-4301-9bfa-e8b204f810e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5342&group=alt.toys.transformers#5342

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:01:57 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Images of Studio Series Junkyard
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 19:01 UTC

That generic Junkion that we knew was coming eventually has made an unofficila debut:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-transformers-studio-series-86-junkyard/46607/

This guy appeared in The Transformers: the Movie, but he was also the fellow who was overseeing Octane's junk transport assignment in "Starscream's Ghost."

I love the remolding they did. Not just to the head, but the shoulders and arms and upper torso, and even the motorcycle mode looks a little different as a result. A very impressive effort for such an incredibly minor character. I might have to buy two of these.

Did you know that all the various Junkions have official names? There's Nancy, of course, but there's also Scrapheap, Rubbish, Re-Cycle (groan), Trashbin, Hazmat, Grease Stain, and Wasteoid Gamma.

Zob (doesn't count Detritus, sorry)

Re: Images of Studio Series Junkyard

<156ec2b0-d01c-43c3-afff-609c8386617bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5343&group=alt.toys.transformers#5343

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:52:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Images of Studio Series Junkyard
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 23:52 UTC

On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 1:01:59 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:
> That generic Junkion that we knew was coming eventually has made an unofficila debut:
>
> https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-transformers-studio-series-86-junkyard/46607/
>
> This guy appeared in The Transformers: the Movie, but he was also the fellow who was overseeing Octane's junk transport assignment in "Starscream's Ghost."
>
> I love the remolding they did. Not just to the head, but the shoulders and arms and upper torso, and even the motorcycle mode looks a little different as a result. A very impressive effort for such an incredibly minor character. I might have to buy two of these.
>
> Did you know that all the various Junkions have official names? There's Nancy, of course, but there's also Scrapheap, Rubbish, Re-Cycle (groan), Trashbin, Hazmat, Grease Stain, and Wasteoid Gamma.
>

> Zob (doesn't count Detritus, sorry)

Also more pics
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-in-hand-images-of-ss-86-junkyard-with-first-look-at-alt-mode/46609/

Re: Images of Studio Series Junkyard

<cead4a9b-2735-4daf-85ac-276588c83decn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5344&group=alt.toys.transformers#5344

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 15:57:07 -0800 (PST)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Fri, 14 Jan 2022 23:57 UTC

On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 5:52:38 PM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon wrote:
> On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 1:01:59 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:
> > That generic Junkion that we knew was coming eventually has made an unofficila debut:
> >
> > https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-transformers-studio-series-86-junkyard/46607/
> >
> > This guy appeared in The Transformers: the Movie, but he was also the fellow who was overseeing Octane's junk transport assignment in "Starscream's Ghost."
> >
> > I love the remolding they did. Not just to the head, but the shoulders and arms and upper torso, and even the motorcycle mode looks a little different as a result. A very impressive effort for such an incredibly minor character. I might have to buy two of these.
> >
> > Did you know that all the various Junkions have official names? There's Nancy, of course, but there's also Scrapheap, Rubbish, Re-Cycle (groan), Trashbin, Hazmat, Grease Stain, and Wasteoid Gamma.
> >

> > Zob (doesn't count Detritus, sorry)
> Also more pics
> https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-in-hand-images-of-ss-86-junkyard-with-first-look-at-alt-mode/46609/

Also pics that make Kickback look huge
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/in-hand-images-of-transformers-legacy-kickback/46604/

Re: Images of Studio Series Junkyard

<7f0200a6-7c1d-43c0-a222-c1c99c030418n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5357&group=alt.toys.transformers#5357

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 17:35:41 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 17 Jan 2022 01:35 UTC

On Friday, January 14, 2022 at 4:57:08 PM UTC-7, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> Also pics that make Kickback look huge

Well, huge compared to the old Legends toy from 2016, maybe. If he's the same height as Siege Reflector, then that still puts him a couple of heads shorter than, say, Ironhide, which seems accurate and correct.

If you go by the Sunbow scale charts, which are the final authority for such things as far as I'm concerned, the Insecticons are slightly taller than the Mini Autobot characters and only about a head shorter than most of the Autobot Cars.

Zob (and, no, people's vague recollections of their sizes from "The Insecticon Syndrome" don't count)