When all other means of communication fail, try words.

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)

SubjectAuthor
* [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)Your Name
+* Re: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)RichA
|`* Re: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
| `- Re: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)Lynn McGuire
`* Re: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)alvey
 `- Re: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)Your Name

1
[NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)

<sdpr3n$1obi$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5393&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5393

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 08:42:31 +1200
 by: Your Name - Tue, 27 Jul 2021 20:42 UTC

From ComingSoon.net ...

Ghostbusters: Afterlife Trailer Teases Original Team's Return
Sony Pictures has finally dropped a Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer
for Jason Reitman's long-awaited sequel, which features plenty of
new footage that gives fans a better idea of what to expect in the
upcoming installment. The film is currently slated to arrive in
theaters on November 11, 2021.

The new Ghostbusters: After trailer, which you can check out
below, highlights the new characters' connection to Harold Ramis'
Egon Spengler as they try to discover the reason why he came to
Summerville. The video also provides us our first footage at
Ghostbusters alum Annie Potts' return as Janine as well as a
glimpse of Dan Aykroyd's Ray Stantz.  It also gives us a preview
of the film's antagonist as chaos unleashes on the small town of
Summerville.

Trailer: (2mins 34secs)
<https://youtu.be/HR-WxNVLZhQ>

In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, in hopes of starting a new life, a
single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town to move into a
beaten-down farmhouse in Oklahoma which they've inherited from
their grandfather. However, they'll soon discover their connection
to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their
grandfather left behind.

The film stars Emmy nominees Carrie Coon and Mckenna Grace along
with Finn Wolfhard, and Paul Rudd. It will also feature the return
of original Ghostbusters stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie
Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts as they reprise their
iconic roles as Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Winston Zeddemore, Dana
Barrett, and Janine Melnitz.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife is directed by Jason Reitman (Juno, Young
Adult, Tully) from a screenplay he co-wrote with Gil Kenan
(Monster House, Poltergeist). Reitman is officially taking over
from his father Ivan Reitman who helmed the first two films, with
the original director serving as a producer.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/1188833-new-ghostbusters-afterlife-trailer>

Re: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)

<c481c4b6-5db1-4970-ab9d-bbf4304a6ed9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5401&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5401

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 13:55:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Wed, 28 Jul 2021 20:55 UTC

On Tuesday, 27 July 2021 at 16:42:34 UTC-4, Your Name wrote:
> From ComingSoon.net ...
>

> Ghostbusters: Afterlife Trailer Teases Original Team's Return
> Sony Pictures has finally dropped a Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer
> for Jason Reitman's long-awaited sequel, which features plenty of
> new footage that gives fans a better idea of what to expect in the
> upcoming installment. The film is currently slated to arrive in
> theaters on November 11, 2021.
>
> The new Ghostbusters: After trailer, which you can check out
> below, highlights the new characters' connection to Harold Ramis'
> Egon Spengler as they try to discover the reason why he came to
> Summerville. The video also provides us our first footage at
> Ghostbusters alum Annie Potts' return as Janine as well as a
> glimpse of Dan Aykroyd's Ray Stantz. It also gives us a preview
> of the film's antagonist as chaos unleashes on the small town of
> Summerville.
>
> Trailer: (2mins 34secs)
> <https://youtu.be/HR-WxNVLZhQ>
>
> In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, in hopes of starting a new life, a
> single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town to move into a
> beaten-down farmhouse in Oklahoma which they've inherited from
> their grandfather. However, they'll soon discover their connection
> to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their
> grandfather left behind.
>
> The film stars Emmy nominees Carrie Coon and Mckenna Grace along
> with Finn Wolfhard, and Paul Rudd. It will also feature the return
> of original Ghostbusters stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie
> Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts as they reprise their
> iconic roles as Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Winston Zeddemore, Dana
> Barrett, and Janine Melnitz.
>
> Ghostbusters: Afterlife is directed by Jason Reitman (Juno, Young
> Adult, Tully) from a screenplay he co-wrote with Gil Kenan
> (Monster House, Poltergeist). Reitman is officially taking over
> from his father Ivan Reitman who helmed the first two films, with
> the original director serving as a producer.
>

> <https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/1188833-new-ghostbusters-afterlife-trailer>

Well, at least that last experiment isn't being repeated.

Re: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)

<j5srm4F2lmU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6094&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6094

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: 1 Feb 2022 13:42:28 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 13:42 UTC

In article <34c8046c-2735-4d13-8a0c-1347aca5687bn@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Wednesday, 28 July 2021 at 16:55:32 UTC-4, RichA wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 27 July 2021 at 16:42:34 UTC-4, Your Name wrote:
>> > From ComingSoon.net ...
>> >

>> > Ghostbusters: Afterlife Trailer Teases Original Team's Return
>> > -------------------------------------------------------------
>> > Sony Pictures has finally dropped a Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer
>> > for Jason Reitman's long-awaited sequel, which features plenty of
>> > new footage that gives fans a better idea of what to expect in the
>> > upcoming installment. The film is currently slated to arrive in
>> > theaters on November 11, 2021.
>> >
>> > The new Ghostbusters: After trailer, which you can check out
>> > below, highlights the new characters' connection to Harold Ramis'
>> > Egon Spengler as they try to discover the reason why he came to
>> > Summerville. The video also provides us our first footage at
>> > Ghostbusters alum Annie Potts' return as Janine as well as a
>> > glimpse of Dan Aykroyd's Ray Stantz. It also gives us a preview
>> > of the film's antagonist as chaos unleashes on the small town of
>> > Summerville.
>> >
>> > Trailer: (2mins 34secs)
>> > <https://youtu.be/HR-WxNVLZhQ>
>> >
>> > In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, in hopes of starting a new life, a
>> > single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town to move into a
>> > beaten-down farmhouse in Oklahoma which they've inherited from
>> > their grandfather. However, they'll soon discover their connection
>> > to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their
>> > grandfather left behind.
>> >
>> > The film stars Emmy nominees Carrie Coon and Mckenna Grace along
>> > with Finn Wolfhard, and Paul Rudd. It will also feature the return
>> > of original Ghostbusters stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie
>> > Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts as they reprise their
>> > iconic roles as Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Winston Zeddemore, Dana
>> > Barrett, and Janine Melnitz.
>> >
>> > Ghostbusters: Afterlife is directed by Jason Reitman (Juno, Young
>> > Adult, Tully) from a screenplay he co-wrote with Gil Kenan
>> > (Monster House, Poltergeist). Reitman is officially taking over
>> > from his father Ivan Reitman who helmed the first two films, with
>> > the original director serving as a producer.
>> >

><https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/1188833-new-ghostbusters-afterlife-trailer>
>> Well, at least that last experiment isn't being repeated.
>
>To follow, the movie is a bore and a chore to sit through. Unappealing
>characters, a near carbon-copy plot from the original and virtually no
>humour.

I'll have to differ there. I really liked the main girl character and
the others were decent. Plus it was full of humor.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)

<stcd6q$7fv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6097&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6097

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 16:45:45 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Tue, 1 Feb 2022 22:45 UTC

On 2/1/2022 7:42 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <34c8046c-2735-4d13-8a0c-1347aca5687bn@googlegroups.com>,
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>> <https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/1188833-new-ghostbusters-afterlife-trailer>
>>> Well, at least that last experiment isn't being repeated.
>>
>> To follow, the movie is a bore and a chore to sit through. Unappealing
>> characters, a near carbon-copy plot from the original and virtually no
>> humour.
>
> I'll have to differ there. I really liked the main girl character and
> the others were decent. Plus it was full of humor.

+1

Lynn

Re: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)

<n2pa20k2iroa$.46spfh4mdm7p.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6098&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6098

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 07:26:03 +1000
 by: alvey - Wed, 2 Feb 2022 21:26 UTC

On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 08:42:31 +1200, Your Name wrote:

> From ComingSoon.net ...

"ComingSoon"? Ummm.. This film was released 6 months ago. Wasn't bad
either, from what I remember of it.

alvey

Re: [NEWS] "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" trailer (comedy-horror)

<stf68s$pdg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6099&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6099

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 13:05:48 +1300
 by: Your Name - Thu, 3 Feb 2022 00:05 UTC

On 2022-02-02 21:26:03 +0000, alvey said:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 08:42:31 +1200, Your Name wrote:
>>
>> From ComingSoon.net ...
>
> "ComingSoon"? Ummm.. This film was released 6 months ago. Wasn't bad
> either, from what I remember of it.

As it says above, the date of my post was 28 July, 2021 ... just over
six months ago.