"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it." -- Marvin the paranoid android

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor Rumors

SubjectAuthor
* Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor RumorsZobovor
`* Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor RumorsZobovor
 +* Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor RumorsBanzaitron ATT
 |`- Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor RumorsZobovor
 `* Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor RumorsIrrellius Spamticon
  +- Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor RumorsZobovor
  `* Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor RumorsEvil King Macrocranios
   `- Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor RumorsGustavo Wombat

1
Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor Rumors

<a860dc35-02ea-4784-9044-ccb97f87737cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5130&group=alt.toys.transformers#5130

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 19:28:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor Rumors
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 03:28 UTC

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

So I guess Hasbro did another Q&A last week, and visible during the discussion was a computer screen with some images visible. One of them was quite distinctly the WFC Titan-class Omega Supreme toy, in blue-and-white Guardian Robot colors from "War Dawn." To which I say, YES. Done and done. I might even buy two, because I'm crazy like that.

Also, there are new rumors going around about the specifics of the new design for Menasor and the Stunticons. Evidently, Drag Strip is pure G1 love, but it sounds like the other Stunticons might actually be homages to other iterations of the characters. I was reading about it this morning, but I can't find the source now, so I'm just going off memory here. Apparently Dead End will be a tribute to the Revenge of the Fallen character, Motormaster will be decorated like the BotCon toy from "The Stunti-Con Job," and Breakdown will literally be the Vehicon character from Transformers: Prime, not the G1 Stunticon at all. Reportedly.

Um, if this is true, then it's awful. Awful, awful, awful. Terrible idea. At first I was excited at the idea that we might get a really good G1 Menasor, one that fixed the problems with the Combiner Wars team (Motormaster had no trailer, Drag Strip only had four wheels, and Wildrider was just Dead End in different colors). If they're doing this kind of stupid, random kind of mix-and-match tribute, then I'm out. I won't buy it. I really, really hope it's an unsubstantiated rumor meant to get all the Geewun fanboys' panties in a bunch. Because I am a Geewun fanboy, and my panties are giving me a major wedgie right now.

I mean, maybe they might pull another Combiner Wars and go, "Just kidding, here's another Breakdown" and do a proper G1 version that you have to buy separately from Hasbro Pulse for $43.99 or something. But we already did that tired song and dance during Combiner Wars—once with the Stunticons, again with the Aerialbots, and a third time with the Protectobots. I don't want to go back to feeling like I'm being jerked around again.

I'm dead serious. I won't buy this new Menasor if it's some kind of freakish celebration of all the various robots who have recycled the G1 Stunticon names. That's just asinine.

Zob (this is my serious face)

Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor Rumors

<1e76ced0-2f5e-4a6e-a70d-2e42a498abfbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5304&group=alt.toys.transformers#5304

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 08:08:19 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 16:08 UTC

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 8:28:09 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> Apparently Dead End will be a tribute to the Revenge of the Fallen character, Motormaster will be decorated like the BotCon toy from "The Stunti-Con Job," and Breakdown will literally be the Vehicon character from Transformers: Prime, not the G1 Stunticon at all. Reportedly.

So I was reading yesterday that this rumor has been debunked, and apparently it was the result of a fan who had a reputation for having insider information, who I guess decided they wanted to start dicking with the fandom instead of being a reliable source.

So, all is right with the world once more. Carry on, citizens.

Zob (and a collective sigh of relief is heard all around the world)

Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor Rumors

<1f78e0dc-fa29-4581-8c99-7f97e9bc06fcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5305&group=alt.toys.transformers#5305

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 09:53:52 -0800 (PST)
From: banzaitr...@gmail.com (Banzaitron ATT)
 by: Banzaitron ATT - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 17:53 UTC

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 10:08:20 AM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:
> On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 8:28:09 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
>
> > Apparently Dead End will be a tribute to the Revenge of the Fallen character, Motormaster will be decorated like the BotCon toy from "The Stunti-Con Job," and Breakdown will literally be the Vehicon character from Transformers: Prime, not the G1 Stunticon at all. Reportedly.
> So I was reading yesterday that this rumor has been debunked, and apparently it was the result of a fan who had a reputation for having insider information, who I guess decided they wanted to start dicking with the fandom instead of being a reliable source.
>
> So, all is right with the world once more. Carry on, citizens.
>

> Zob (and a collective sigh of relief is heard all around the world)

Pretty hard for me to believe you encountered some fake news on the internet.

-Banzaitron (also would have passed)

Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor Rumors

<788c1aae-9a5d-44c1-9abf-ddfb6171eef3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5306&group=alt.toys.transformers#5306

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 10:05:35 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 18:05 UTC

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 10:53:53 AM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> Pretty hard for me to believe you encountered some fake news on the internet.
I know, right? I was shocked as well. First time that's ever happened.

Zob (can't type in blue-colored text on Usenet)

Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor Rumors

<ee90053b-3a6b-4b8e-9179-c4c0690babcen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5326&group=alt.toys.transformers#5326

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:36:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:36 UTC

On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 10:08:20 AM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:
> On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 8:28:09 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
>
> > Apparently Dead End will be a tribute to the Revenge of the Fallen character, Motormaster will be decorated like the BotCon toy from "The Stunti-Con Job," and Breakdown will literally be the Vehicon character from Transformers: Prime, not the G1 Stunticon at all. Reportedly.
> So I was reading yesterday that this rumor has been debunked, and apparently it was the result of a fan who had a reputation for having insider information, who I guess decided they wanted to start dicking with the fandom instead of being a reliable source.
>
> So, all is right with the world once more. Carry on, citizens.
>

> Zob (and a collective sigh of relief is heard all around the world)
Well, in hand images show Dragstrip breaks in half for combined mode, so the "robot wearing cars as armor" rumor where the trailer was the limbs might not necessarily be a rumor

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=488048669556843&set=a.266267198401659

Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor Rumors

<e0dcbc2c-efb1-4d1a-aa7a-d4aa4b938002n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5327&group=alt.toys.transformers#5327

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:55:04 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:55 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 3:36:51 PM UTC-7, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> Well, in hand images show Dragstrip breaks in half for combined mode, so the "robot wearing cars as armor" rumor where the trailer was the limbs might not necessarily be a rumor
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=488048669556843&set=a.266267198401659

Interesting. So, like, maybe the top of Drag Strip attaches to the Menasor shoulder, and the bottom of Drag Strip plugs into the Menasor forearm, or something like that?

I know the G1 cartoon was super inconsistent, but I don't think the Stunticons who formed the arms ever flat-out split apart like that. I think there were only two variations. One was that Menasor had big, blocky grey arms, and he was wearing cars on them. The other way he was drawn, far less often, was that the cars themselves were the arms and that his fists were just connected to the rear bumpers (so more like the way the G1 toy was designed).

But, maybe you can still plug Drag Strip (and Dead End, presumably) to the Menasor shoulders and still achieve a cartoon look, without being required to split the cars in half. I wonder how hollow the Menasor forearms are going to be, though.

Thanks for sharing this!

Zob (about 23% more excited about Legacy Menasor now)

Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor Rumors

<5ef6e038-1981-494c-b3a8-b687d5153a4cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5393&group=alt.toys.transformers#5393

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:59:50 -0800 (PST)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sun, 23 Jan 2022 20:59 UTC

On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 2:36:51 PM UTC-8, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> Well, in hand images show Dragstrip breaks in half for combined mode, so the "robot wearing cars as armor" rumor where the trailer was the limbs might not necessarily be a rumor
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=488048669556843&set=a.266267198401659

It'd be kind of neat if the Stunticon limb bots all break in half and you can swap 'em like micromaster combiners. Create Drag Down or Break Strip or Dead Rider or Wild End.

Re: Possible WFC Guardian Robot, Also More Menasor Rumors

<sskqd3$193u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5399&group=alt.toys.transformers#5399

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 00:03:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 00:03 UTC

Evil King Macrocranios <evil.king.macrocranios@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 2:36:51 PM UTC-8, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
>
>> Well, in hand images show Dragstrip breaks in half for combined mode, so
>> the "robot wearing cars as armor" rumor where the trailer was the limbs
>> might not necessarily be a rumor
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=488048669556843&set=a.266267198401659
>
> It'd be kind of neat if the Stunticon limb bots all break in half and you
> can swap 'em like micromaster combiners. Create Drag Down or Break Strip
> or Dead Rider or Wild End.

And now I want them. Damn you.