From: Rockingh...@amgen.com (Rockinghorse Winner)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: _Peter Pan and Wendy_ Getting Slammed by Viewers
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 09:10:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Rockinghorse Winner - Sun, 7 May 2023 09:10 UTC

The new Disney adaptation of the evergreen children's story is
being panned by reviewers all over the internet as woke trash, that further
tarnishes the Disney brand. It currently has a 20% favoarable rating on
Rotten Tomatoes. Released direct to cable, it seems some in corporate knew
enough than to release it to theaters, so it could suffer it's ignominy in
relative privacy. Choosing to update the cultural aesthetic to 21st c norms,
while keeping the Edwardian setting of the original book, all it succeeds at
doing is creating a cringe-fest that makes you feel embarassed for everyone
involved.

--
'Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous. Now at last It declares
Itself to me, now in this misery.' - Holderlin

Re: _Peter Pan and Wendy_ Getting Slammed by Viewers

<tqgf5i93mobl7n2fb9qkcquslctkt8i7qd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=543&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#543

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: Re: _Peter Pan and Wendy_ Getting Slammed by Viewers
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 08:28:53 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Sun, 7 May 2023 15:28 UTC

On Sun, 7 May 2023 09:10:13 -0000 (UTC), Rockinghorse Winner
<Rockinghorse@amgen.com> wrote:

>The new Disney adaptation of the evergreen children's story is
>being panned by reviewers all over the internet as woke trash, that further
>tarnishes the Disney brand. It currently has a 20% favoarable rating on
>Rotten Tomatoes. Released direct to cable, it seems some in corporate knew
>enough than to release it to theaters, so it could suffer it's ignominy in
>relative privacy. Choosing to update the cultural aesthetic to 21st c norms,
>while keeping the Edwardian setting of the original book, all it succeeds at
>doing is creating a cringe-fest that makes you feel embarassed for everyone
>involved.

What do you expect from a live-action remake of a classic Disney
animated classic?

It's not that Disney can't do live-action films; it's just that the
well of stories appears to have run dry and so they are resorting to
self-cannibalization.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian