"So why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here." -- Biff in "Back to the Future"

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the Way

SubjectAuthor
* Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the WayZobovor
+* Re: Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the WayIrrellius Spamticon
|`- Re: Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the WayTravoltron
`- Re: Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the WayWilliam A. Rendfeld

1
Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the Way

<4214b8c6-09ce-43ca-9810-4c144b40b528n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5442&group=alt.toys.transformers#5442

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 15:05:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the Way
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 23:05 UTC

Right after I asserted that we'd never get Beast Wars reissues of non-show characters (because why would they), this happened:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-beast-wars-reissue-cybershark-revealed/46657/

I have to admit that Cybershark is one of my favorite Beast Wars toys. Not the frustrating, fidgety Transmetal 2 version (yes, we love Sky-Byte, but his toy is unforgivingly awful), but the bare-bones, original Cybershark. Great look, great aesthetics, easy transformation, and a bunch of gimmicks (grabby tail claw, firing shark head, and firing missiles).

I've always felt like the shark head mounted to his pelvis is wrong and ungainly, and that the unequipped, naked missile launcher is a much better look for him.

Supposedly, they're reissuing the original Tarantulas and Terrorsaur as well, and also K-9, who was always kind of forgettable (but slightly better than Wolfang, if I were made to choose).

Zob (Nowadays, though, "cybershark" sounds like a child predator on the Internet or something)

Re: Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the Way

<2a2a9127-2781-4be9-bab1-22309fb52df6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5443&group=alt.toys.transformers#5443

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 17:17:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the Way
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 01:17 UTC

On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 5:05:10 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:
> Right after I asserted that we'd never get Beast Wars reissues of non-show characters (because why would they), this happened:
>
> https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-beast-wars-reissue-cybershark-revealed/46657/
>
> I have to admit that Cybershark is one of my favorite Beast Wars toys. Not the frustrating, fidgety Transmetal 2 version (yes, we love Sky-Byte, but his toy is unforgivingly awful), but the bare-bones, original Cybershark. Great look, great aesthetics, easy transformation, and a bunch of gimmicks (grabby tail claw, firing shark head, and firing missiles).
>
> I've always felt like the shark head mounted to his pelvis is wrong and ungainly, and that the unequipped, naked missile launcher is a much better look for him.
>
> Supposedly, they're reissuing the original Tarantulas and Terrorsaur as well, and also K-9, who was always kind of forgettable (but slightly better than Wolfang, if I were made to choose).
>

> Zob (Nowadays, though, "cybershark" sounds like a child predator on the Internet or something)

Dammit, you beat me to it. Stupid Google not allowing posts from mobile.

I always wondered what if Tigatron in the show had been Wolfang as originally planned? I'd much rather have a Wolfang than a K-9. I'd expect B'Boom or Polar Claw before K-9, even though they were shelfwarmers they were nowhere near as bad as K-9 in that department.

the GI Joe character "Stalker"has sort of been renamed because i guess they thought a black guy named stalker was kind of insensitive these days. But he still retains the "stalker" nickname because guys in their early 40s would go ballistic if Hasbro completely renamed him.

Re: Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the Way

<stknqh$j0l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5444&group=alt.toys.transformers#5444

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 18:36:01 -0800
 by: Travoltron - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 02:36 UTC

I'm not 100% sure if I have Cybershark. I tended to skip non-show
characters at that time.
I know I have the Hellscream and Sharp Edge versions of the mold, as
those actually appeared in the anime.

Re: Beast Wars Cybershark Reissue On the Way

<380ecef7-b77e-4004-bd89-7c270ce5bdf1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5445&group=alt.toys.transformers#5445

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 05:33:52 -0800 (PST)
From: WARendf...@aol.com (William A. Rendfeld)
 by: William A. Rendfeld - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 13:33 UTC

On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 6:05:10 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> Right after I asserted that we'd never get Beast Wars reissues of non-show characters (because why would they), this happened:
>
> https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-beast-wars-reissue-cybershark-revealed/46657/
>
> I have to admit that Cybershark is one of my favorite Beast Wars toys. Not the frustrating, fidgety Transmetal 2 version (yes, we love Sky-Byte, but his toy is unforgivingly awful), but the bare-bones, original Cybershark. Great look, great aesthetics, easy transformation, and a bunch of gimmicks (grabby tail claw, firing shark head, and firing missiles).
>
> I've always felt like the shark head mounted to his pelvis is wrong and ungainly, and that the unequipped, naked missile launcher is a much better look for him.
>
> Supposedly, they're reissuing the original Tarantulas and Terrorsaur as well, and also K-9, who was always kind of forgettable (but slightly better than Wolfang, if I were made to choose).
>

> Zob (Nowadays, though, "cybershark" sounds like a child predator on the Internet or something)

I'm glad he's coming. Mine lost one of his fins years ago.