Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle?

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Weird Transformers Dream

SubjectAuthor
* Weird Transformers DreamZobovor
+* Re: Weird Transformers DreamIrrellius Spamticon
|`- Re: Weird Transformers DreamTravoltron
+- Re: Weird Transformers DreamAnonymous
+* Re: Weird Transformers DreamEvil King Macrocranios
|+- Re: Weird Transformers DreamZobovor
|`* Re: Weird Transformers DreamIrrellius Spamticon
| `- Re: Weird Transformers DreamEvil King Macrocranios
`- Re: Weird Transformers DreamEvil King Macrocranios

1
Weird Transformers Dream

<6899762a-039a-4147-873c-7c069549655cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5447&group=alt.toys.transformers#5447

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 12:25:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Weird Transformers Dream
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 20:25 UTC

Contrary to what you might think, I don't dream about Transformers too often. One supposes my brain gets enough of that during the course of my days that my subconscious doesn't feel the need.

However, last night I had this dream that a whole bunch of new toys had come out. Remember when Hasbro said they knew Armada's 20th anniversary was coming, and they would be remiss not to pay tribute to that? So, in the dream, there were new versions of Armada Megatron, Demolishor, and Starscream. They were all in blister packs (not the new plastic-less Legacy packaging) and they had badly disassembled Starscream so he would fit in the bubble. Like, he wasn't even recognizable as a plane. Bad presentation.

Then, my wife had told me she had just heard that Armada Megatron was going to be recalled soon, because somebody had figured out how to fold him up into a gun shape even though this wasn't in the instructions. I realized this would be my only chance to buy him, and he would be valuable if the toy went on recall and was no longer going to be produced. The bar code on the box wouldn't scan, but I had the clever idea of printing a different bar code from a product that was the same price (in the dream, he was like $31.97 or something like that). I took it to a cash register and rang myself up..

Then I suddenly realized I'd committed a horrible faux pas, because you're not supposed to operate a cash register to buy your own purchases. It's an integrity issue. And I knew this rule well, and it's not a mistake I've ever made once in like 20 years of working retail, so I felt horrible. I had to go to my boss and explain what I'd done, and hope I would still have a job afterwards. I think I woke up before I found out, though.

It's weird that I would dream about Armada toys, since that's not an aspect of the franchise that I get particularly excited about. Many years ago, before neo-G1 was ever a thing, I would dream about new versions of G1 Astrotrain or weird-colored G2 toys (like Prowl in a maroon color) or whatnot. I accept that, in real life, Hasbro *is* paying tribute to other aspects of the franchise besides G1, but why would I be dreaming about it?

Zob (got a Turtle Blimp in the mail today, gave it a bath in the tub with some bleach... normal day)

Re: Weird Transformers Dream

<65161164-c51c-474a-a94f-6ac2b7e796adn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5460&group=alt.toys.transformers#5460

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 07:34:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Weird Transformers Dream
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 15:34 UTC

On Saturday, February 5, 2022 at 2:25:42 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:
> Contrary to what you might think, I don't dream about Transformers too often. One supposes my brain gets enough of that during the course of my days that my subconscious doesn't feel the need.
>
> However, last night I had this dream that a whole bunch of new toys had come out. Remember when Hasbro said they knew Armada's 20th anniversary was coming, and they would be remiss not to pay tribute to that? So, in the dream, there were new versions of Armada Megatron, Demolishor, and Starscream. They were all in blister packs (not the new plastic-less Legacy packaging) and they had badly disassembled Starscream so he would fit in the bubble. Like, he wasn't even recognizable as a plane. Bad presentation.
>
> Then, my wife had told me she had just heard that Armada Megatron was going to be recalled soon, because somebody had figured out how to fold him up into a gun shape even though this wasn't in the instructions. I realized this would be my only chance to buy him, and he would be valuable if the toy went on recall and was no longer going to be produced. The bar code on the box wouldn't scan, but I had the clever idea of printing a different bar code from a product that was the same price (in the dream, he was like $31.97 or something like that). I took it to a cash register and rang myself up.
>
> Then I suddenly realized I'd committed a horrible faux pas, because you're not supposed to operate a cash register to buy your own purchases. It's an integrity issue. And I knew this rule well, and it's not a mistake I've ever made once in like 20 years of working retail, so I felt horrible. I had to go to my boss and explain what I'd done, and hope I would still have a job afterwards. I think I woke up before I found out, though.
>
> It's weird that I would dream about Armada toys, since that's not an aspect of the franchise that I get particularly excited about. Many years ago, before neo-G1 was ever a thing, I would dream about new versions of G1 Astrotrain or weird-colored G2 toys (like Prowl in a maroon color) or whatnot. I accept that, in real life, Hasbro *is* paying tribute to other aspects of the franchise besides G1, but why would I be dreaming about it?
>

> Zob (got a Turtle Blimp in the mail today, gave it a bath in the tub with some bleach... normal day)

I started having dreams of holy-grail things coming in to the shop, like boxed Deathsaurus, or a full G1 Raiden giftset. Then Ihave had dreams of setting the planogram for the new Transformer section at my other job, which is an electronics retailer, which leads to dreams of Transformers toys that walk and talk and respond to voice commands.

At the toy shop we ring ourselves out all the time, the owner doesn't care because he knows we're not going to risk tanking the place. Last week I bought 3 Gundam kits for a coworker at my other job and didn't take my full employee discount to keep margins good.

Re: Weird Transformers Dream

<stusj3$qil$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5461&group=alt.toys.transformers#5461

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 14:58:38 -0800
 by: Travoltron - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 22:58 UTC

On 2/8/2022 7:34 AM, Irrellius Spamticon wrote:
> I started having dreams of holy-grail things coming in

Yes, I have those a lot. It's often Black Zarak for some reason.

But lately I have dreams that GoBots, Rock Lords or MASK are back in
stores. But I think if those series were going to come back, it would
have happened by now.

Re: Weird Transformers Dream

<su7es6$17ak$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5470&group=alt.toys.transformers#5470

From: no_em...@invalid.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 04:59:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 04:59 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> Contrary to what you might think, I don't dream about Transformers too
> often. One supposes my brain gets enough of that during the course of my
> days that my subconscious doesn't feel the need.
>
> However, last night I had this dream that a whole bunch of new toys had
> come out. Remember when Hasbro said they knew Armada's 20th anniversary
> was coming, and they would be remiss not to pay tribute to that? So, in
> the dream, there were new versions of Armada Megatron, Demolishor, and
> Starscream. They were all in blister packs (not the new plastic-less
> Legacy packaging) and they had badly disassembled Starscream so he would
> fit in the bubble. Like, he wasn't even recognizable as a plane. Bad presentation.
>
> Then, my wife had told me she had just heard that Armada Megatron was
> going to be recalled soon, because somebody had figured out how to fold
> him up into a gun shape even though this wasn't in the instructions. I
> realized this would be my only chance to buy him, and he would be
> valuable if the toy went on recall and was no longer going to be
> produced. The bar code on the box wouldn't scan, but I had the clever
> idea of printing a different bar code from a product that was the same
> price (in the dream, he was like $31.97 or something like that). I took
> it to a cash register and rang myself up.
>
> Then I suddenly realized I'd committed a horrible faux pas, because
> you're not supposed to operate a cash register to buy your own purchases.
> It's an integrity issue. And I knew this rule well, and it's not a
> mistake I've ever made once in like 20 years of working retail, so I felt
> horrible. I had to go to my boss and explain what I'd done, and hope I
> would still have a job afterwards. I think I woke up before I found out, though.
>
> It's weird that I would dream about Armada toys, since that's not an
> aspect of the franchise that I get particularly excited about. Many
> years ago, before neo-G1 was ever a thing, I would dream about new
> versions of G1 Astrotrain or weird-colored G2 toys (like Prowl in a
> maroon color) or whatnot. I accept that, in real life, Hasbro *is*
> paying tribute to other aspects of the franchise besides G1, but why
> would I be dreaming about it?
>

> Zob (got a Turtle Blimp in the mail today, gave it a bath in the tub with
> some bleach... normal day)

I would have fired you immediately for blatant disregard for company
policy. Shame on you.

Re: Weird Transformers Dream

<3b1d8014-f5c7-454f-9b4d-cc0044c5e86an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5477&group=alt.toys.transformers#5477

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 10:16:48 -0800 (PST)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 18:16 UTC

Do you ever dream you're one of the characters? I'd figure that since this fandom is so vocal about being fans of characterization I'd have read at least some reports of people dreaming they were Optimus Prime or Cheetor or Hot Shot or somebody. Hell, even Spike or Carly or somebody (dreams with Megan Fox don't count). But all the dream reports are like the ones I have-some variation on retail shopping either present day or in the past. Where are all the cartoon dreams of being in the cartoon?

Re: Weird Transformers Dream

<716925c2-28e7-493e-b10d-d89a77115c85n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5487&group=alt.toys.transformers#5487

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 14:29:29 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 22:29 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 11:16:50 AM UTC-7, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:

> Where are all the cartoon dreams of being in the cartoon?

I wish I knew! They say your subconscious mind can't distinguish between fantasy and reality, so in theory, there's no reason why you wouldn't dream about fictional characters. In practice, though, I can't say it's happened all that often.

The dreams about buying toys make sense to me, because that's a classic wish-fulfilment dream. Maybe there's just nothing about the G1 cartoon that my subconscious mind is desperate to change?

Zob ( ♪ I have dreams of orca whales and owls, but I wake up in fear ♫)

Re: Weird Transformers Dream

<a9b22bcd-0ea3-4540-ab26-9120b3764312n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5488&group=alt.toys.transformers#5488

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 14:53:06 -0800 (PST)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 22:53 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 12:16:50 PM UTC-6, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:
> Do you ever dream you're one of the characters? I'd figure that since this fandom is so vocal about being fans of characterization I'd have read at least some reports of people dreaming they were Optimus Prime or Cheetor or Hot Shot or somebody. Hell, even Spike or Carly or somebody (dreams with Megan Fox don't count). But all the dream reports are like the ones I have-some variation on retail shopping either present day or in the past. Where are all the cartoon dreams of being in the cartoon?
I've dreamt that I drove Dead End to work and told him to wait patiently for my shift to end and we got in an argument about him waiting for me patiently in vehicle mode.

Re: Weird Transformers Dream

<b1fd6145-72d0-480b-81da-044acc6c67c9n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5534&group=alt.toys.transformers#5534

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 17:32:36 -0800 (PST)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sun, 20 Feb 2022 01:32 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 2:53:07 PM UTC-8, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
> I've dreamt that I drove Dead End to work and told him to wait patiently for my shift to end and we got in an argument about him waiting for me patiently in vehicle mode.

This is a pretty awesome dream to have. Being an ally of or interacting with the bad guys is not what I expected the typical in-universe Transformer dream to be like. Hasbro's always pushing the fantasy that kids should aspire to be the young hero helping Optimus Prime and the Autobots save the world. You just want a ride home. These are the things that really matter in the real world-work and reliable transportation. It would be so like a Decepticon to leave you stranded at your job. That is true villany.

Was it the Alternator Viper or the G1 Porsche? At least if your car screws you over and leaves you behind you looked good getting there.

Re: Weird Transformers Dream

<ce6a9be4-7629-4a7b-b478-368696d3e976n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5571&group=alt.toys.transformers#5571

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 21:35:48 -0800 (PST)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 05:35 UTC

I found this entry in a dream journal I used to keep:

"I was heading to a Transformer convention where I was going to dress up as Ricochet. Something about Scorponok trailing behind me on the road and I escaped getting run over by using a side path."

I do regularly have dreams about Transformer conventions but I don't remember any dreams where I cosplay as one. The last time I dressed up in a home made cardboard robot costume for a convention I was Scooter the GoBot. And before that it was Hun-Dred from Robo Force. I didn't ever used to do Transformers cosplay. So the part about Ricochet seems out of character for me.

I do remember a portion of the dream where I saw Scorponok in the rear view mirror. I think this may have been based on a real life experience I had when I was driving on I-5 south of Seattle and a truck that looked like Motormaster was behind me. Why it turned to Scorponok in my dream I do not know..