From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: [NEWS] "Chronicle 2" in development (sci-fi thriller)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2021 13:21:42 +1200
 by: Your Name - Sat, 7 Aug 2021 01:21 UTC

More lazy gender-swapped stupidity. "We have got the tcreative ability
to come up with a decent story, so let's just swap the characters'
gender and appease the 'Politically Correct' nutters." :-\

From ComingSoon.net ...

Female-Led Chronicle 2 in the Works at 20th Century Studios
It has been over nine years since the theatrical release of Josh
Trank's hit sci-fi thriller Chronicle, and now producer John
Davis has confirmed that they're currently in the process of
developing a sequel to the found footage movie, which will be
led by female protagonists. Speaking with Forbes, Davis revealed
that the project is set up at 20th Century Studios, who were the
ones that handled the theatrical distribution of the first film
in 2012. He also went on to reveal more about the project's
premise, confirming that the sequel will be set a decade after
the events of Chronicle.

"We're working on Chronicle 2 right now, and I think it's going
to be great," Davis teased. "We're working on it at Fox
(20th Century Studios). It's going to give us a chance to tell
the story in a different way. We're going to tell it from the
female point of view. It will have been ten years since the event
happened in Seattle, and a lot of it's going to deal with fake
news and real news and cover-ups."

He continued, "More interestingly, it's the next generation
getting these powers that are corruptive. These are young women
just finishing college, they are empowered, and this is their
journey. I mean, what a new and interesting story you can tell
there.

During the same interview, the producer also expressed they were
happy with the first movie's performance, revealing that it was
his most financially successful investment return out of all the
movies he produced.

"Chronicle was literally the best return on investment, any of
my movies ever made," Davies said. "Chronicle we did for
$12 million, and it grossed $126.64 million worldwide. Then it
had a huge afterlife in syndication. It's one of the most
financially successful movies in my stable."

Chronicle was directed by Josh Trank from a screenplay written by
Max Landis. It starred Dane DeHaan, Michael B. Jordan, and Alex
Russell, where it followed them as high school seniors in Seattle
who suddenly gained superpowers including telepathic abilities and
flight from a glowing crystal they discovered in an underground
tunnel. At first, they were only using their powers for fun and
pranks until one of them abuses the purpose of their abilities.

The 2012 film wasn't only a commercial success but also received
acclaim with critics praising the film's premise. The film had
also earned a nomination at the 39th Saturn Awards for Best
Sciences Fiction Film.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1190074-chronicle-2-female-led-sequel-in-the-works>