Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 13:24:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: New Jada micros-good as those ebay ones?
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 21:24 UTC

https://tformers.com/jada-toys-transformers-auto-transforming-optimus-prime-figures-g1-vehicles-reveals/44820/news.html

I can't help but draw parallels to the custom work on ebay of those nano scale figures that are all the buzz lately. Sure the Jada stuff won't cover as many characters and the size is waaaay bigger but it's kinda in the same ballpark conceptually. These will look good enough to me beside Metroplex or whoever and not cost hundreds of dollars for the same number of figures as the custom ebay stuff does.

Re: New Jada micros-good as those ebay ones?

<3e6af467-e94e-425c-9291-4be879c33c2bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5486&group=alt.toys.transformers#5486

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 14:22:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: New Jada micros-good as those ebay ones?
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 22:22 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 2:24:57 PM UTC-7, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:

> https://tformers.com/jada-toys-transformers-auto-transforming-optimus-prime-figures-g1-vehicles-reveals/44820/news.html
>
> I can't help but draw parallels to the custom work on ebay of those nano scale figures that are all the buzz lately. Sure the Jada stuff won't cover as many characters and the size is waaaay bigger but it's kinda in the same ballpark conceptually. These will look good enough to me beside Metroplex or whoever and not cost hundreds of dollars for the same number of figures as the custom ebay stuff does.

Yeah, I love those custom eBay figures like crazy, but I know once I go down that rabbit hole and pick up one or two, then I'll have to own all of them. And there's no way I can justify that while collecting Legacy and NECA Ninja Turtles *and* Super7 Ninja Turtles *AND* going after vintage G1 toys on eBay. Maybe if they still exist years down the road when the NECA and Super7 offerings have dried up, and I'm all done buying G1 toys. But not now. It's just bad timing for me.

The Jada figurines I could probably get behind, though. I hope they do several series of these. They're starting off strong with a lot of major players, but only a handful of characters from 1986 and nobody at all from 1985.. I wouldn't mind seeing another 18-pack that's got, say, Bluestreak, Hound, Ratchet, Powerglide, Warpath, Inferno, Tracks, Red Alert, Kup, Blurr, Springer, Wreck-Gar, Thrust, Dirge, Ramjet, Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge.

Zob (some day I need to find a way to be able to just blow thousands of dollars on toys and not feel the sting)