It is the business of little minds to shrink. -- Carl Sandburg

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebay

SubjectAuthor
* Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebayEvil King Macrocranios
`* Re: Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebayZobovor
 `* Re: Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebayAvaran
  `- Re: Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebayZobovor

1
Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebay

<0c5df9cd-7ad8-4a7c-8ba4-1a9d375b0cben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5479&group=alt.toys.transformers#5479

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 13:19:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebay
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 21:19 UTC

I don't understand why some toys command ridiculous aftermarket prices only months after release (lookin' at you, Titans Misfire) but Titans Slugslinger was one I really expected to do that. It was a tail ender of the line and I hardly ever saw any at retail. But while Misfire absolutely skyrocketed for no good reason, Slugslinger was still going for just a little over retail months after Titans' final wave had come and gone. I was confused, since normal tailender behavior was to go for crazy money from the get-go.

Well I am happy to see now that Slugslinger is starting to pull ridiculous secondary market prices as we speak. Still not as much as Misfire, but 50 bucks loose ain't bad. I guess it took the market some time to realize that the tailender curse applied here. Triggerhappy remains the control subject from an earlier wave at normal supply/demand, going for $20-$30 loose. I am interested to see what happens to all three if/when they do Wal-Mart retro box reissues for these guys.

Re: Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebay

<329f05ec-315b-44de-8046-96bb91eb47b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5484&group=alt.toys.transformers#5484

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 14:04:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebay
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 22:04 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 2:19:02 PM UTC-7, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am interested to see what happens to all three if/when they do Wal-Mart retro box reissues for these guys.

If the rumors are true and we're getting retro reissues, I hope they retool the jet modes to accept a Targetmaster gun. That's the one major flaw with those toys. They do that, and I'll buy all three of 'em a second time. I'm sure the demand on the secondary market will plummet if that ever happens.

Zob (doesn't need much of an excuse to keep buying the same toys over again)

Re: Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebay

<080ee1c6-cf8c-4ae8-85fa-c507c678c43en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5495&group=alt.toys.transformers#5495

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 04:06:00 -0800 (PST)
From: kjvi...@gmail.com (Avaran)
 by: Avaran - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 12:06 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 11:04:27 PM UTC+1, Zobovor wrote:
> On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 2:19:02 PM UTC-7, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am interested to see what happens to all three if/when they do Wal-Mart retro box reissues for these guys.
> If the rumors are true and we're getting retro reissues, I hope they retool the jet modes to accept a Targetmaster gun. That's the one major flaw with those toys. They do that, and I'll buy all three of 'em a second time. I'm sure the demand on the secondary market will plummet if that ever happens.
>

> Zob (doesn't need much of an excuse to keep buying the same toys over again)

The Takara releases already have the Targetmaster retool, so it's available for use in the reissues...but you missed out on the other weapons in the Titans Return-releases if you went with Takara. You can easily mount the Siege targetmasters to the 3 mm titanmaster pegs on them though, it almost looks the same, if a teeny bit off-center.

Re: Titans Slugslinger finally spiking on ebay

<e175a8d8-84ea-4564-9adc-aead68a01567n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5496&group=alt.toys.transformers#5496

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 16:05:29 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 00:05 UTC

On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 5:06:01 AM UTC-7, Avaran wrote:

> The Takara releases already have the Targetmaster retool, so it's available for use in the reissues.

For some reason, I had no idea Takara had fixed it so you could mount the Targetmaster guns to the planes. Well, yes, then they definitely need to reissue the retooled versions.

> You can easily mount the Siege targetmasters to the 3 mm titanmaster pegs on them though, it almost looks the same, if a teeny bit off-center.

Those pegs are so fragile. I worry about breakage.

Zob (tries to avoid breaking my toys if I can help it... unless I'm doing it on purpose, of course)