Boy! Eucalyptus!

arts / rec.arts.drwho / It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

SubjectAuthor
* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoThe Last Doctor
+* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Whosolar penguin
|`* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
| `- It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoThe Other Doctor
+* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Whosolar penguin
|`* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
| `* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
|  `- It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoDaniel65
+* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
|+* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
||`- It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
|`- It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoDaniel65
+- It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
+* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoThe Other Doctor
|`* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
| `* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoThe Other Doctor
|  `- It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
+* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
|`* It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
| `- It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoBlueshirt
`- It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor WhoThe Last Doctor

1
It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<t2rkrb$q7g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5577&group=rec.arts.drwho#5577

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 10:49:31 +0100
 by: The Last Doctor - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:49 UTC

On audio - and not even from Big Finish!

The BBC have commissioned a ten part audio series called "Doctor Who
Redacted" which is about a group of young women who have a podcast (bit
meta this, eh?) called /The Blue Box Files/, who investigate sightings,
rumours and legends of the Doctor. It all starts to get serious when
everyone associated with the Doctor starts to disappear ....

in addition to Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor, the series will also
feature Gemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart and Anjli Mohindra as Rani
Chandra, so this series will be a crossover not only with /Doctor Who/
but also with /The Sarah Jane Adventures/.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a39666596/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-returns-bbc-podcast/?fbclid=IwAR0613FqR31E4Xrgg3Pz-3mO9R2wgO2aJMYWRZOM_8hdFR0n3KSpQd7IJNc

Mind you Nick Briggs must be rubbing his hands with glee for the
possibilities this will open up in 2023 when the Big Finish licence will
most likely be extended into the 13th Doctor's era. Jo Martin has
already indicated she'd be keen to do more Fugitive Doctor stories and
if Jodie's already happy to do audio ...

Come on Matt, Peter. You know you want to.

--
There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
things. Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<t2rn2c$aij$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5580&group=rec.arts.drwho#5580

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 10:27:24 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:hSYXo3MwD/CNH5KZcXfpqYiuMrQ=
 by: solar penguin - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 10:27 UTC

Tim typed:

> On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 2:49:33 AM UTC-7, The
> Last Doctor wrote:
>>
>> Come on Matt, Peter. You know you want to.
>
> What about David and Chris?

They’ve done it already.

--
solar penguin

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<t2rp71$q6e$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5583&group=rec.arts.drwho#5583

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:04:01 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:hmvCl83Df80lv+/d0zCHcz+ptDA=
 by: solar penguin - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:04 UTC

The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:

> On audio - and not even from Big Finish!
>
> The BBC have commissioned a ten part audio series called "Doctor Who
> Redacted" which is about a group of young women who have a podcast (bit
> meta this, eh?) called /The Blue Box Files/, who investigate sightings,
> rumours and legends of the Doctor. It all starts to get serious when
> everyone associated with the Doctor starts to disappear ....

Sounds a bit like a spiritual successor to the BBC’s audio
series about podcasters who find themselves caught up
in modern-day Cthulhu Mythos adventures?

I enjoyed that, so if this is similar, it could be fun too.

--
solar penguin

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0ngevo4a2b7dx001@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5585&group=rec.arts.drwho#5585

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:30:40 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:30 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 2:49:33 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor
> wrote:
> >
> > Mind you Nick Briggs must be rubbing his hands with glee for the
> > possibilities this will open up in 2023 when the Big Finish
> > licence will most likely be extended into the 13th Doctor's era.
> > Jo Martin has already indicated she'd be keen to do more Fugitive
> > Doctor stories and if Jodie's already happy to do audio ...
> >
> > Come on Matt, Peter. You know you want to.
>
> What about David and Chris?

They already do audios for Big Finish...

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0ngevpla2dblu002@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5587&group=rec.arts.drwho#5587

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:32:18 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:32 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 2:49:33 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor
> wrote:
> >
> > Mind you Nick Briggs must be rubbing his hands with glee for the
> > possibilities this will open up in 2023 when the Big Finish
> > licence will most likely be extended into the 13th Doctor's era.
> > Jo Martin has already indicated she'd be keen to do more Fugitive
> > Doctor stories and if Jodie's already happy to do audio ...
> >
> > Come on Matt, Peter. You know you want to.
>
> Will we see Doctor 13 and Yasmin out on a date?

Anything is possible when we get 13th Doctor audios from Big
Finish...

> Will we see the damage from the Flux get repaired?

They might prefer to avoid "flux" though. <grin>

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0ngevrqa2gg3r003@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5588&group=rec.arts.drwho#5588

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:34:44 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:34 UTC

solar penguin wrote:
> Tim typed:
>
> > On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 2:49:33 AM UTC-7, The
> > Last Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> Come on Matt, Peter. You know you want to.
> >
> > What about David and Chris?
>
> They’ve done it already.

Clearly Tim was too busy posting spam here to realise that Big Finish
have produced 9th and 10th Doctor audio adventures...

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<t2rrco$ab4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5589&group=rec.arts.drwho#5589

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:41:47 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:41 UTC

"The Last Doctor" <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote in message

> On audio - and not even from Big Finish!
>
> The BBC have commissioned a ten part audio series called "Doctor Who
> Redacted" which is about a group of young women who have a podcast (bit
> meta this, eh?) called /The Blue Box Files/, who investigate sightings,
> rumours and legends of the Doctor. It all starts to get serious when
> everyone associated with the Doctor starts to disappear ....
>
> in addition to Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor, the series will also feature
> Gemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart and Anjli Mohindra as Rani Chandra, so this
> series will be a crossover not only with /Doctor Who/ but also with /The
> Sarah Jane Adventures/.
>
> https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a39666596/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-returns-bbc-podcast/?fbclid=IwAR0613FqR31E4Xrgg3Pz-3mO9R2wgO2aJMYWRZOM_8hdFR0n3KSpQd7IJNc
>
> Mind you Nick Briggs must be rubbing his hands with glee for the
> possibilities this will open up in 2023 when the Big Finish licence will
> most likely be extended into the 13th Doctor's era. Jo Martin has already
> indicated she'd be keen to do more Fugitive Doctor stories and if Jodie's
> already happy to do audio ...
>
> Come on Matt, Peter. You know you want to.

David Tennant was already a Doctor Who fan. He'd also recorded audios with
Big Finish before he was cast as the Doctor. So I wasn't surprised to see
him get involved as soon as he could.

I was more surprised to see Christopher Eccleston doing some. I didn't ever
expect to see him take on the role again. However, I think for him it was
all about the money. During 2020, most of his usual sources of income dried
up and Big Finish was one of the few companies offering him work. But who
knows? He may have enjoyed the experience so may stick around for more.

Matt Smith is always a possibility. Perhaps he's just more difficult to tie
down.

I think Capaldi is another matter. I get the impression that he isn't a fan
of audios. Maybe he'll consider it when he struggles more with the physical
demands of acting. Or maybe it's just not his "thing". But I'd be surprised
if he gets involved.

For now, there's always the sound alikes...

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<t2rrhb$beq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5590&group=rec.arts.drwho#5590

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:44:14 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:44 UTC

"Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in message
> solar penguin wrote:
>> Tim typed:

>> > What about David and Chris?
>>
>> They've done it already.
>
> Clearly Tim was too busy posting spam here to realise that Big Finish
> have produced 9th and 10th Doctor audio adventures...

Tim and Yads don't listen to the audios. They can't afford them, and they'd
get bored very quickly without having any moving pictures to watch.

Tim just likes asking questions for the sake of asking questions. And Yads
likes responding to keep his post count up.

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0ngew2ja2w2wm000@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5591&group=rec.arts.drwho#5591

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:46:54 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:46 UTC

The Other Doctor wrote:

> "The Last Doctor" <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote in message
> >
> > On audio - and not even from Big Finish!
> >
> > The BBC have commissioned a ten part audio series called "Doctor
> > Who Redacted" which is about a group of young women who have a
> > podcast (bit meta this, eh?) called /The Blue Box Files/, who
> > investigate sightings, rumours and legends of the Doctor. It all
> > starts to get serious when everyone associated with the Doctor
> > starts to disappear ....
> >
> > in addition to Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor, the series will
> > also feature Gemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart and Anjli Mohindra
> > as Rani Chandra, so this series will be a crossover not only
> > with /Doctor Who/ but also with /The Sarah Jane Adventures/.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a39666596/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-returns-bbc-podcast/?fbclid=IwAR0613FqR31E4Xrgg3Pz-3mO9R2wgO2aJMYWRZOM_8hdFR0n3KSpQd7IJNc

> > Mind you Nick Briggs must be rubbing his hands with glee for the
> > possibilities this will open up in 2023 when the Big Finish
> > licence will most likely be extended into the 13th Doctor's era.
> > Jo Martin has already indicated she'd be keen to do more
> > Fugitive Doctor stories and if Jodie's already happy to do audio
> >
> > Come on Matt, Peter. You know you want to.
>
> David Tennant was already a Doctor Who fan. He'd also recorded
> audios with Big Finish before he was cast as the Doctor. So I
> wasn't surprised to see him get involved as soon as he could.
>
> I was more surprised to see Christopher Eccleston doing some. I
> didn't ever expect to see him take on the role again. However, I
> think for him it was all about the money. During 2020, most of his
> usual sources of income dried up and Big Finish was one of the few
> companies offering him work. But who knows? He may have enjoyed the
> experience so may stick around for more.
>
> Matt Smith is always a possibility. Perhaps he's just more
> difficult to tie down.
>
> I think Capaldi is another matter. I get the impression that he
> isn't a fan of audios. Maybe he'll consider it when he struggles
> more with the physical demands of acting. Or maybe it's just not
> his "thing". But I'd be surprised if he gets involved.
>
> For now, there's always the sound alikes...

I'm not a fan of Jake Dudman.

Tim Treloar's Third Doctor audios are always very good though.

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<t2rsqs$l35$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5593&group=rec.arts.drwho#5593

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 13:06:32 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:06 UTC

>> For now, there's always the sound alikes...
>
> I'm not a fan of Jake Dudman.
>
> Tim Treloar's Third Doctor audios are always very good though.

Tim Treloar can be a bit hit and miss. But equally, I don't really find some
of the original actors that convincing. They've all aged, and some really
sound it. Katy Manning is 75 now. She doesn't sound like a girl in her mid
twenties any more. Peter Davison is a lot raspier (probably due to all those
cigarettes), and at 78, Colin Baker also sounds his age. One of the
actresses whose voice aged in particular was Deborah Watling. I don't know
if it was just age or illness, but she didn't sound like the Victoria I knew
from TV.

At least we don't have to suffer with Nick Brigg's impression of the 9th
Doctor...

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0ngexj1a4uwsm001@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5602&group=rec.arts.drwho#5602

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 13:41:58 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 12:41 UTC

The Other Doctor wrote:

> "Blueshirt" <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote in message
> > >
> > > For now, there's always the sound alikes...
> >
> > I'm not a fan of Jake Dudman.
> >
> > Tim Treloar's Third Doctor audios are always very good though.
>
> Tim Treloar can be a bit hit and miss. But equally, I don't really
> find some of the original actors that convincing. They've all aged,
> and some really sound it. Katy Manning is 75 now. She doesn't sound
> like a girl in her mid twenties any more.

Tim Treloar often sounds more like the the 3rd Doctor than Katy does
as Jo Grant these days! He's not a perfect Jon Pertwee but he does a
good job at keeping that era alive.

> Peter Davison is a lot raspier (probably due to all those
> cigarettes), and at 78, Colin Baker also sounds his age.
> One of the actresses whose voice aged in
> particular was Deborah Watling. I don't know if it was just age or
> illness, but she didn't sound like the Victoria I knew from TV.

Age and a lot of cigarettes probably! I think I'd have preferred a
recast as she sounded nothing like Victoria!

Tom Baker sounds older in the audios too but after all these years of
the 4DA's he sounds 'right'.
> At least we don't have to suffer with Nick Brigg's impression of
> the 9th Doctor...

That was awful...

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0ngf1lhaabbl8000@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5621&group=rec.arts.drwho#5621

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 16:14:42 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:14 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> In article <15006df1-40b5-4b55-86ab-e058a6d73556n@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 2:49:33 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Mind you Nick Briggs must be rubbing his hands with glee for the
> >> possibilities this will open up in 2023 when the Big Finish
> >> licence will most likely be extended into the 13th Doctor's era.
> >> Jo Martin has already indicated she'd be keen to do more
> >> Fugitive Doctor stories and if Jodie's already happy to do audio
> >> Come on Matt, Peter. You know you want to.
> >
> > What about David and Chris?
>
> Erase Chris and Jodie's "contributions".

Wrong Chris, you fool!

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0ngf1ncaae1eh001@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5622&group=rec.arts.drwho#5622

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 16:16:49 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:16 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <t2rp71$q6e$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >The Last Doctor <mike@xenocyte.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> On audio - and not even from Big Finish!
> >>
> >> The BBC have commissioned a ten part audio series called "Doctor
> >> Who Redacted" which is about a group of young women who have a
> >> podcast (bit meta this, eh?) called /The Blue Box Files/, who
> >> investigate sightings, rumours and legends of the Doctor. It all
> >> starts to get serious when everyone associated with the Doctor
> >> starts to disappear ....
> >
> > Sounds a bit like a spiritual successor to the BBC’s audio
> > series about podcasters who find themselves caught up
> > in modern-day Cthulhu Mythos adventures?
> >
> > I enjoyed that, so if this is similar, it could be fun too.
>
> Not with Whittaker participating.

More misogyny from the tolerant Christian?

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0ngf1puaahnem002@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5623&group=rec.arts.drwho#5623

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 16:19:37 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:19 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0ngevo4a2b7dx001@nntp.aioe.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> What about David and Chris?
> >
> > They already do audios for Big Finish...
>
> Must order.

If you haven't ordered any of the Big Finish "Doctor Who" audios from
in the 23 years since "The Sirens of Time" then it's highly unlikely
that you are going to start now!

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0ngfbr5ao5fqi000@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5632&group=rec.arts.drwho#5632

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 22:42:02 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 21:42 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:

> >> Must order.
> >
> > If you haven't ordered any of the Big Finish "Doctor Who" audios
> > in the 23 years since "The Sirens of Time" then it's highly
> > unlikely that you are going to start now!
>
> IYIO.

Logic!

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0ngfbtxao9gyd001@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5633&group=rec.arts.drwho#5633

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 22:45:10 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 21:45 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <xn0ngf1lhaabbl8000@nntp.aioe.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >> In article
> <15006df1-40b5-4b55-86ab-e058a6d73556n@googlegroups.com>, >>
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote: >> > On Saturday,

> >> Erase Chris and Jodie's "contributions".
> >
> > Wrong Chris, you fool!
>
> Caught you!

You couldn't catch a cold...

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<t2svic$e4t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5634&group=rec.arts.drwho#5634

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 21:58:36 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 21:58 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> In article <xn0ngf1ncaae1eh001@nntp.aioe.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
> > The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> Not with Whittaker participating.
> >
> > More misogyny from the tolerant Christian?
>
> After the distatrous Timeless Child ERa?!

You say disastrous*, I say Misogyny!

[* I assume that is what you meant.]

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<t2u6gs$tm4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5637&group=rec.arts.drwho#5637

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 09:03:24 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ejrn1Se4Me6KPWdj2C5kQDYrQX8=
 by: The Last Doctor - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 09:03 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 2:49:33 AM UTC-7, The Last Doctor wrote:
>> On audio - and not even from Big Finish!
>>
>> The BBC have commissioned a ten part audio series called "Doctor Who
>> Redacted" which is about a group of young women who have a podcast (bit
>> meta this, eh?) called /The Blue Box Files/, who investigate sightings,
>> rumours and legends of the Doctor. It all starts to get serious when
>> everyone associated with the Doctor starts to disappear ....
>
> Will Elton Pope show up to relate his experiences with disappearing
> Doctor Who investigators? Will we see the Grand Serpent?

The first one’s a possibility. The second - no. These will be guest
appearances by Jodie in someone else’s story. They won’t pay any attention
to the Flux storyline. In any case, it’s audio. We won’t “see” anything.

>> in addition to Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor, the series will also
>> feature Gemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart and Anjli Mohindra as Rani
>> Chandra, so this series will be a crossover not only with /Doctor Who/
>> but also with /The Sarah Jane Adventures/.
>>
>> https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a39666596/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-returns-bbc-podcast/?fbclid=IwAR0613FqR31E4Xrgg3Pz-3mO9R2wgO2aJMYWRZOM_8hdFR0n3KSpQd7IJNc
>>

>> Mind you Nick Briggs must be rubbing his hands with glee for the
>> possibilities this will open up in 2023 when the Big Finish licence will
>> most likely be extended into the 13th Doctor's era. Jo Martin has
>> already indicated she'd be keen to do more Fugitive Doctor stories and
>> if Jodie's already happy to do audio ...
>>
>> Come on Matt, Peter. You know you want to.
>
> Will we see Doctor 13 and Yasmin out on a date?

Unlikely, see above.

> Will we see the damage from the Flux get repaired?

No. See above. Let me make this clear, Tim - from a TV show perspective the
Flux is over. If you want to follow up on it, write it! No one’s preventing
you from writing fanfic. The TV show will now forget it ever happened
forever, I virtually guarantee it.

The Timeless Child story is also locked away, in a watch, in a TARDIS
vault. The Doctor is reconciled to having a mysterious past and has decided
to leave it mysterious.

Maybe the TV show will pick up on that in the future but I doubt it, unless
Chris Chibnall comes back for a second bite at the cherry as RTD has. Big
Finish will likely tackle it later this decade if the BBC and Bad Wolf tell
them they can.

--
There are some corners of the universe
which have bred the most terrible things.
Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<t2uhfq$b9o$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5661&group=rec.arts.drwho#5661

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 22:10:35 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:10 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 9/4/22 11:39 pm:
> In article <xn0ngevo4a2b7dx001@nntp.aioe.org>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> What about David and Chris?
>>
>> They already do audios for Big Finish...
>
> Must order.

So that's another thing YOU, clown, have added to YOUR "Doctor Who
Things to Do" list is it, clown??

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<t2uhv4$jl9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5662&group=rec.arts.drwho#5662

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 22:18:43 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:18 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 10/4/22 9:10 am:
> In article <t2svic$e4t$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> The Doctor wrote:

>>> After the distatrous Timeless Child ERa?!
>>
>> You say disastrous*, I say Misogyny!
>>
>> [* I assume that is what you meant.]
>
> You must be part on the disater agenda then MM!

Even after Blueshirt corrected YOUR error, clown, you had to inject
another, similar, error, clown!!

How bright YOU are, clown!!

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: It's official - Jodie Whittaker will return for more Doctor Who

<xn0nggf70boht3e000@nntp.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5674&group=rec.arts.drwho#5674

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 15:39:25 +0100
 by: Blueshirt - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 14:39 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 4:10:17 PM UTC-7, netk...@gmail.com
> wrote:
> > In article <xn0ngfbtx...@nntp.aioe.org>,
> > Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

> > > You couldn't catch a cold...
> >
> > I caught Covid-19 Omicron in late January.
>
> My condolences. I didn't notice any change in your posting habits.

Only death will keep Dave from being the RADW top poster every
day/month/year (etc.) ...