I am a deeply superficial person. -- Andy Warhol

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: why do i like a chair so much?

SubjectAuthor
* why do i like a chair so much?Gustavo Wombat
+* Re: why do i like a chair so much?Zobovor
|`- Re: why do i like a chair so much?Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats
+* Re: why do i like a chair so much?Evil King Macrocranios
|+- Re: why do i like a chair so much?Zobovor
|`* Re: why do i like a chair so much?Gustavo Wombat
| `* Re: why do i like a chair so much?Zobovor
|  `- Re: why do i like a chair so much?Irrellius Spamticon
`- Re: why do i like a chair so much?Zobovor

1
why do i like a chair so much?

<suvecd$1c7t$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5551&group=alt.toys.transformers#5551

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: why do i like a chair so much?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 07:18:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 07:18 UTC

Coronation Starscream arrived — I forgot I preordered him.

I’m enjoying Starscream strutting around with his cape, crown and shoulder
pads. Very Starscream.

He comes with two different sets of null rays, as they connect to his
shoulder pads differently. This means that if you wanted Skywarp or G2
Ramject to rock the lavender accessories, the guns would be the wrong
color. And coneheads can’t wear crowns.

Incidentally, Starscream’s guns are a very close match to the pale parts on
Dead Optimus, so if you ever wanted a Dead Optimus with null rays, this is
your opportunity.

The cape is weird, and the nosecone on the back covers a lot of flaws (not
flaws so much as “hey, the nose cone covers a lot, so we don’t need to make
the attachment make sense as how a cape would work”)

But, the real of the show is the throne. A piece of purple plastic.

Transformers aren’t designed around sitting in chairs, so I’ve been having
fun seeing who is qualified to rule the Decepticons.

- Starscream, of course, but his crotch flap is a single piece, so you get
a little “Basic Instinct” thing going on.

- Galvatron is slightly cramped, and his treads get in the way. Good, but
not perfect. The purples blend a bit too much.

- Dead Optimus fits very nicely. But looks like someone is playing a
practical joke on Galvatron in some future where he killed Optimus and kept
the body around as a souvenir.

- WFC Nemesis Prime cannot raise his legs into a full seated position, so
he’s out.

- Siege Megatron sits at the edge of the seat, pushed forward by his
backpack, but it’s totally fine.

- Titans Return Japanese RID Scourge fits about the same as Siege Megatron.

- Japanese Titans Return G2 Megatron’s feet don’t quite reach the ground.
It looks adorable. He needs a small stool.

- Siege Soundblaster fits nicely.

- Sixshot is way too big

- Primal Prime is way too big.

- Terrorsaur needs to keep his wings extended to get past the chair arms,
and his feet dangle, but he looks so *happy*.

It’s so fun.

Only some Autobots can open the Matrix, and only some Decepticons can fit
into the chair.

I think I would pay a lot of money for a Throne Of The Primes for Primal
Prime with a spinning wheel of Prime Masters. The cardboard one was sad. My
Transformers need furniture.

(If some knock off company was churning out copies of this chair for
$10-15, I think I would really need to get a bunch and make a Decepticon
conference room… maybe get a little white board… )

(I would also like a chair that disassembles and becomes armor for
Skorponok — the city mode is so small it would work better as the base of a
throne for Zarak)

Re: why do i like a chair so much?

<75e15607-a801-4b55-8bc4-2c977b2fb51dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5552&group=alt.toys.transformers#5552

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 04:30:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: why do i like a chair so much?
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 21 Feb 2022 12:30 UTC

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 12:18:39 AM UTC-7, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> But, the real of the show is the throne. A piece of purple plastic.

And to think people were complaining when he was first announced that all they did was throw in a chair so that they could sell a Voyager-class toy at a Leader-class price!

I got a shipping notification for mine, so it should arrive soon. And now I remember why I deliberately left so much extra space in my box of Kingdom toys.

Zob (I doubt the chair will fit inside the Nemesis toy when we get one, though)

Re: why do i like a chair so much?

<8ccbc7ea-c46e-451b-9140-608f7fc473edn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5555&group=alt.toys.transformers#5555

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 01:09:50 -0800 (PST)
From: pork.not...@gmail.com (Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats)
 by: Gustavo Wombat, of t - Tue, 22 Feb 2022 09:09 UTC

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 4:30:49 AM UTC-8, Zobovor wrote:
> On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 12:18:39 AM UTC-7, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
>
> > But, the real of the show is the throne. A piece of purple plastic.
> And to think people were complaining when he was first announced that all they did was throw in a chair so that they could sell a Voyager-class toy at a Leader-class price!

Or they are selling a chair for Leader price and throwing in a free Voyager-class toy, and cape.

> I got a shipping notification for mine, so it should arrive soon. And now I remember why I deliberately left so much extra space in my box of Kingdom toys.

While looking up Starscream on TFWiki to see if his final fate was ghost or not, I discovered that he faded to gray when he was killed. We need a Dead Coronation Starscream toy to go with the Dead Optimus. It would be a really nice color scheme for the mold, and even the shoulder pads turned gray -- the cape turns purple, and the crown remains gold.

The mold has very prominent nipple fans. He should have used his nipple fans to generate a massive wind to knock Galvatron over. Would have saved his life. Well, he does get a new body at the end before spinning through space seemingly forever, so he might be fine either way.

> Zob (I doubt the chair will fit inside the Nemesis toy when we get one, though)

Re: why do i like a chair so much?

<1168a23d-7b6b-40c8-8ebf-c1d4ef35d406n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5572&group=alt.toys.transformers#5572

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 22:01:40 -0800 (PST)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 06:01 UTC

On Sunday, February 20, 2022 at 11:18:39 PM UTC-8, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> Transformers aren’t designed around sitting in chairs, so I’ve been having
> fun seeing who is qualified to rule the Decepticons.

I never understood why Transformers like to sit down so much. The idea that a robot needs to sit down is ridiculous. We do it because we are weak flesh creatures that get tired standing up. But a robot is a robot. It doesn't make sense that a robot needs to sit down while it is 'awake' and functioning. When C-3PO sat down and shut himself off at Ben Kenobi's house that made sense I guess, given the kind of robot he is with the energy limitations he has. When the Terminator would sit in vehicles to pilot them that made sense. He was conforming to a human space to do a job.

But TFs don't need sleep or rest. Even in the Tubes of Transference from the comic or that CR chamber thingy from Beast Wars they stood up. Transformers is the only place I regularly see robots sit down and continue to talk and hang out a BS from a chair. If a Transformer has anything resembling knees and an ass it will find a reason to sit it down. Chair is the most Transformer accessory ever so it's surprising it took this long.

Re: why do i like a chair so much?

<84f5d586-22cf-42da-885a-61dd337e8008n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5582&group=alt.toys.transformers#5582

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:43:43 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 22:43 UTC

On Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 11:01:42 PM UTC-7, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:

> I never understood why Transformers like to sit down so much. The idea that a robot needs to sit down is ridiculous. We do it because we are weak flesh creatures that get tired standing up. But a robot is a robot.

I think it's the natural extension of making the Transformers character into people in robot suits. They already eat, drink, sleep, breathe, etc. even when it's totally nonsensical.

Besides, during the scenes in the Ark when they're all just standing around, it looks weird. There's no furniture anywhere. Autobots heard about Marie Kondo and they went way overboard. "She says if you haven't used it in a year then you should get rid of it, Prime. And we haven't used any of this in four million years, so..."

Zob (I loved how all the chairs on Dinosaucers had gigantic cut-out sections for the dinosaur tails)

Re: why do i like a chair so much?

<5d79e349-aadd-4f96-b7d2-17fa6eb69899n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5583&group=alt.toys.transformers#5583

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:47:44 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 22:47 UTC

On Monday, February 21, 2022 at 12:18:39 AM UTC-7, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> But, the real of the show is the throne. A piece of purple plastic.

Having received my own personal tiny plastic chair, I would like to also voice my opinion that the chair is great.

The only other chair I've really enjoyed like this was the throne for the Emperor from Star Wars. The first Emperor action figure was standing up, but they later did a version that came in a gift pack that included a Death Star throne. But, he was like one of those action figures clearly sculpted to ride a motorcycle. Even when he wasn't sitting in the chair, he was still sitting in the chair.

My favorite Emperor-in-a-chair is actually a Hallmark ornament, which makes no sense in a collection of Hasbro action figures, but I own it, and I like it better than the motorcycle-riding version.

Zob (three chairs for Genghis Rex!)

Re: why do i like a chair so much?

<svcpit$a9h$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5589&group=alt.toys.transformers#5589

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 08:49:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 08:49 UTC

Evil King Macrocranios <evil.king.macrocranios@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, February 20, 2022 at 11:18:39 PM UTC-8, Gustavo Wombat, of the
> Seattle Wombats wrote:
>
>> Transformers aren’t designed around sitting in chairs, so I’ve been having
>> fun seeing who is qualified to rule the Decepticons.
>
> I never understood why Transformers like to sit down so much. The idea
> that a robot needs to sit down is ridiculous. We do it because we are
> weak flesh creatures that get tired standing up. But a robot is a robot.
> It doesn't make sense that a robot needs to sit down while it is 'awake'
> and functioning. When C-3PO sat down and shut himself off at Ben Kenobi's
> house that made sense I guess, given the kind of robot he is with the
> energy limitations he has. When the Terminator would sit in vehicles to
> pilot them that made sense. He was conforming to a human space to do a job.
>
> But TFs don't need sleep or rest. Even in the Tubes of Transference from
> the comic or that CR chamber thingy from Beast Wars they stood up.
> Transformers is the only place I regularly see robots sit down and
> continue to talk and hang out a BS from a chair. If a Transformer has
> anything resembling knees and an ass it will find a reason to sit it
> down. Chair is the most Transformer accessory ever so it's surprising it took this long.

I think it is those transformers who can sit in chairs doing to to taunt
those who can’t because of their kibble or articulation.

Re: why do i like a chair so much?

<c7c932a9-853f-428c-804a-d617ce578fa6n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5590&group=alt.toys.transformers#5590

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 06:50:48 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 14:50 UTC

On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 1:49:34 AM UTC-7, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> I think it is those transformers who can sit in chairs doing to to taunt
> those who can’t because of their kibble or articulation.

CYCLONUS: Ah, Prowl. So glad you could make it. Why don't you have a seat?

PROWL: Thank you. I'll stand.

CYCLONUS: Ah, but I insist. Pull up a chair, and then we can get down to busines—

PROWL: THANK YOU. I'M VERY COMFORTABLE STANDING.

Zob

Re: why do i like a chair so much?

<834c8c3f-885e-4b92-9302-94a7b8a31e40n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5594&group=alt.toys.transformers#5594

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 16:34:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 00:34 UTC

On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 8:50:49 AM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:
> On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 1:49:34 AM UTC-7, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
>
> > I think it is those transformers who can sit in chairs doing to to taunt
> > those who can’t because of their kibble or articulation.
> CYCLONUS: Ah, Prowl. So glad you could make it. Why don't you have a seat?
>
> PROWL: Thank you. I'll stand.
>
> CYCLONUS: Ah, but I insist. Pull up a chair, and then we can get down to busines—
>
> PROWL: THANK YOU. I'M VERY COMFORTABLE STANDING.
>

> Zob

BLUESTREAK: If you're not going to sit, then I will!

*crack*

BLUESTREAK: Prowl, go get Ratchet, my car roof broke off again.