One family builds a wall, two families enjoy it.

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

SubjectAuthor
* RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)moviePig
+* Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)Bill Anderson
|`* Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)moviePig
| `* Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)Bill Anderson
|  `* Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)moviePig
|   `- Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)trotsky
+* Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)alvey
|+- Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)moviePig
|+- Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)Steve L
|`- Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)trotsky
`- Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)hchrish

1
RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<QYaWI.1142$2B4.811@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5609&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5609

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Subject: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:23:27 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 19:23 UTC

A personal tragedy sends a handful of social misfits in vengeful pursuit
of a criminal gang. Though overly ambitious, the oddball Danish flick
RIDERS OF JUSTICE has the virtue of seldom being the same movie you were
watching ten minutes ago. Mads Mikkelsen stars. Mostly recommended.

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<E5GdnRUQOPGozbT8nZ2dnUU7_81g4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5610&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5610

Subject: Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: billande...@yahoo.com (Bill Anderson)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:51:01 -0500
 by: Bill Anderson - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 20:51 UTC

On 8/27/2021 2:23 PM, moviePig wrote:

> A personal tragedy sends a handful of social misfits in vengeful pursuit
> of a criminal gang.  Though overly ambitious, the oddball Danish flick
> RIDERS OF JUSTICE has the virtue of seldom being the same movie you were
> watching ten minutes ago.  Mads Mikkelsen stars.  Mostly recommended.

It's better than that. Much.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<rqcWI.5699$dI3.5570@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5611&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5611

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 17:03:19 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 21:03 UTC

On 8/27/2021 4:51 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
> On 8/27/2021 2:23 PM, moviePig wrote:
>>
>> A personal tragedy sends a handful of social misfits in vengeful
>> pursuit of a criminal gang.  Though overly ambitious, the oddball
>> Danish flick RIDERS OF JUSTICE has the virtue of seldom being the same
>> movie you were watching ten minutes ago.  Mads Mikkelsen stars.
>> Mostly recommended.
>>

> It's better than that. Much.

What baubles did you accumulate that I didn't?

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<fdudak5ey9gt$.1fim27bq4szv2.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5612&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5612

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 07:17:22 +1000
 by: alvey - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 21:17 UTC

On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:23:27 -0400, moviePig wrote:

> A personal tragedy sends a handful of social misfits in vengeful pursuit
> of a criminal gang. Though overly ambitious, the oddball Danish flick
> RIDERS OF JUSTICE has the virtue of seldom being the same movie you were
> watching ten minutes ago. Mads Mikkelsen stars. Mostly recommended.

Main highlights for moi was seeing characters with genuinely different
personalities *and* weren't straight from the Photogenic Actors Guild of
America. Overall though, you can pretty quickly find better things to
watch.

Aside and X-ng.... Speaking of Scandawegia... Has there ever been a movie
or tv series filmed in a more horrible (Earth) landscape than the Icelandic
mini-series 'Katla'?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11102190/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

alvey

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<iomdnUkpuaO2kLb8nZ2dnUU7_83NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5616&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5616

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: billande...@yahoo.com (Bill Anderson)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 23:29:31 -0500
 by: Bill Anderson - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 04:29 UTC

On 8/27/2021 4:03 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/27/2021 4:51 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
>> On 8/27/2021 2:23 PM, moviePig wrote:
>>>
>>> A personal tragedy sends a handful of social misfits in vengeful
>>> pursuit of a criminal gang.  Though overly ambitious, the oddball
>>> Danish flick RIDERS OF JUSTICE has the virtue of seldom being the
>>> same movie you were watching ten minutes ago.  Mads Mikkelsen stars.
>>> Mostly recommended.
>>>

>> It's better than that. Much.
>
> What baubles did you accumulate that I didn't?

I think I covered that in my earlier comments on the movie. Have you
forgotten? You did respond at the time. You really wanted me to be more
specific?

"I put this one in the category of movies that came out of nowhere and
unexpectedly delighted me, like IN BRUGES or THE THREE BURIALS OF
MELQUIADES ESTRADA. It's rare for me to find a movie that makes me gush,
but that's my reaction to this one."

Should I have discussed the scene of the four broken men in the car,
just riding along, each one a tragic figure? Did you want me to talk
specifics? That's not like you, Pig.

--
Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<RUOWI.11024$o45.10463@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5618&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5618

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:49:52 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 16:49 UTC

On 8/29/2021 12:29 AM, Bill Anderson wrote:
> On 8/27/2021 4:03 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> It's better than that. Much.
>>
>> What baubles did you accumulate that I didn't?
>>

> I think I covered that in my earlier comments on the movie. Have you
> forgotten? You did respond at the time. You really wanted me to be more
> specific?
>
> "I put this one in the category of movies that came out of nowhere and
> unexpectedly delighted me, like IN BRUGES or THE THREE BURIALS OF
> MELQUIADES ESTRADA. It's rare for me to find a movie that makes me gush,
> but that's my reaction to this one."
>
> Should I have discussed the scene of the four broken men in the car,
> just riding along, each one a tragic figure? Did you want me to talk
> specifics?  That's not like you, Pig.

I've now tracked down your post, and indeed remember that I read nearly
all of it (you should appreciate my trust level) right up to the point
where I cut out and went to queue the flick. And, fwiw, I seldom
remember how movies, when they do show up there, got there.

Certainly we agree that ROJ's cachet is in its relentless evolution.
Nor do I take issue with your delight in it ...it just got off on the
wrong foot with me. E.g., an opening salvo about probabilities seemed
so sophomoric that I became wary of further "insights" (...a difficulty
I never experienced with your apt comparators MELQUIADES and BRUGES).
Anyhow, glad you liked it twice as much as I, and glad we both saw it.

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<GYOWI.212$g_4.87@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5619&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5619

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 12:53:54 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 16:53 UTC

On 8/27/2021 5:17 PM, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:23:27 -0400, moviePig wrote:
>
>> A personal tragedy sends a handful of social misfits in vengeful pursuit
>> of a criminal gang. Though overly ambitious, the oddball Danish flick
>> RIDERS OF JUSTICE has the virtue of seldom being the same movie you were
>> watching ten minutes ago. Mads Mikkelsen stars. Mostly recommended.
>
> Main highlights for moi was seeing characters with genuinely different
> personalities *and* weren't straight from the Photogenic Actors Guild of
> America. Overall though, you can pretty quickly find better things to
> watch.
>
> Aside and X-ng.... Speaking of Scandawegia... Has there ever been a movie
> or tv series filmed in a more horrible (Earth) landscape than the Icelandic
> mini-series 'Katla'?
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11102190/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Thanks for the heads-up. Very few Scandi shows I haven't liked...

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<edqnig92nogaap8lovhhat91b06nnis0oo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5620&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5620

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!4.us.feeder.erje.net!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!news.uzoreto.com!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc3.netnews.com!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: x...@y.z (Steve L)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 16:16:39 -0400
 by: Steve L - Sun, 29 Aug 2021 20:16 UTC

>Aside and X-ng.... Speaking of Scandawegia... Has there ever been a movie
>or tv series filmed in a more horrible (Earth) landscape than the Icelandic
>mini-series 'Katla'?
>https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11102190/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
>

>alvey

I liked it quite a bit. While it doesn't really need one, I hope
there's a second season anyway.

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<sgifhu$jr3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5623&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5623

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 06:31:10 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:31 UTC

On 8/27/21 4:17 PM, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:23:27 -0400, moviePig wrote:
>
>> A personal tragedy sends a handful of social misfits in vengeful pursuit
>> of a criminal gang. Though overly ambitious, the oddball Danish flick
>> RIDERS OF JUSTICE has the virtue of seldom being the same movie you were
>> watching ten minutes ago. Mads Mikkelsen stars. Mostly recommended.
>
> Main highlights for moi was seeing characters with genuinely different
> personalities *and* weren't straight from the Photogenic Actors Guild of
> America.

In a Danish movie? How cheesy.

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<sgiflc$jr3$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5624&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5624

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 06:33:00 -0500
 by: trotsky - Mon, 30 Aug 2021 11:33 UTC

On 8/29/21 11:49 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 8/29/2021 12:29 AM, Bill Anderson wrote:

>>> What baubles did you accumulate that I didn't?
>>>

>> I think I covered that in my earlier comments on the movie. Have you
>> forgotten? You did respond at the time. You really wanted me to be
>> more specific?
>>
>> "I put this one in the category of movies that came out of nowhere and
>> unexpectedly delighted me, like IN BRUGES or THE THREE BURIALS OF
>> MELQUIADES ESTRADA. It's rare for me to find a movie that makes me
>> gush, but that's my reaction to this one."
>>
>> Should I have discussed the scene of the four broken men in the car,
>> just riding along, each one a tragic figure? Did you want me to talk
>> specifics?  That's not like you, Pig.
>
> I've now tracked down your post, and indeed remember that I read nearly
> all of it (you should appreciate my trust level) right up to the point
> where I cut out and went to queue the flick.  And, fwiw, I seldom
> remember how movies, when they do show up there, got there.
>
> Certainly we agree that ROJ's cachet is in its relentless evolution.

I agree that if I want to decide on seeing the movie I'll have to seek
out professional reviewers.

Re: RIDERS OF JUSTICE (no spoilers)

<PhadnTK07vFjxhD-nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6784&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6784

From: mariemig...@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (hchrish)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 02:48:30 +0000
 by: hchrish - Mon, 5 Dec 2022 02:48 UTC

> moviePig wrote:
> A personal tragedy sends a handful of social misfits in vengeful
pursuit
> of a criminal gang. Though overly ambitious, the oddball Danish
flick
> RIDERS OF JUSTICE has the virtue of seldom being the same movie you
were
> watching ten minutes ago. Mads Mikkelsen stars. Mostly
recommended.

Finished watching it tonight. It was amazing. The
director and this cast always make brilliant movies together.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=604560118#604560118