From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Shang Chi pretty good
Date: 5 Sep 2021 05:29:28 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Sun, 5 Sep 2021 05:29 UTC

I was aware of the comic though I only read it a handful of times and
don't recall much other than Shang Chi was the pulp-villan "Fu Manchu"'s
son, which has been written out of the movie.

Anyway, it started very well, had a typically slow middle, and ended well.

The characters were all likable, including the father in his own way
(which you would not have got from the trailers), and it's always nice
to see Michelle Yeoh. Even Ben Kingsley reprises his muddled actor
role from Iron Man. Interstingly Awkwafina is the love interest, and the
story shares some similarities with her Disney outing as dragon Sisu.

Fun movie, though I don't know if it can break through in these times.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..