Conscious is when you are aware of something and conscience is when you wish you weren't.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing the Transmetals

SubjectAuthor
* My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing the TransmetalsZobovor
+- Re: My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing theGustavo Wombat
`* Re: My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing the TransmetalsEvil King Macrocranios
 `- Re: My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing the TransmetalsZobovor

1
My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing the Transmetals

<424665ee-e593-4c89-9e02-0c211eacf09an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5639&group=alt.toys.transformers#5639

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 17:58:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing the Transmetals
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 01:58 UTC

Recently I saw somebody's custom project where they had taken a Transmetal 2 Prowl toy and "deTransmetalized" it, which is to say undid all the weird asymmetrical nonsense and basically reimagined it as if it were a first-year Beast Wars release, in a straight no-nonsense organic beast form:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/detransmetalized-beast-wars-prowl.1228534/

It's done by a fan who goes by Unicron9. It's honestly quite beautiful, and I daresay I like it even more than the Transmetal 2 version. What can I say? I like symmetry.

Here's another one by the same talented fan, who ran Stinkbomb (aka RiD Gas Skunk) through the deTransmetalization process:

https://www.deviantart.com/unicron9/art/Beast-Wars-Stinkbomb-Detransmetalized-891833098

I love this one as well. Unfortunately, those are the only two I can find. I wish there were more of these, because it's such an awesome idea and concept. Maybe there are tons more and I'm just not finding them because not everybody is using the term "deTransmetalized." But they should.

Zob (what's the opposite of Transmetal? Transflesh?)

Re: My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing the Transmetals

<t040gv$1cnj$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5641&group=alt.toys.transformers#5641

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing the
Transmetals
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 04:09:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 04:09 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> Recently I saw somebody's custom project where they had taken a
> Transmetal 2 Prowl toy and "deTransmetalized" it, which is to say undid
> all the weird asymmetrical nonsense and basically reimagined it as if it
> were a first-year Beast Wars release, in a straight no-nonsense organic beast form:
>
> https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/detransmetalized-beast-wars-prowl.1228534/
>
> It's done by a fan who goes by Unicron9. It's honestly quite beautiful,
> and I daresay I like it even more than the Transmetal 2 version. What
> can I say? I like symmetry.
>
> Here's another one by the same talented fan, who ran Stinkbomb (aka RiD
> Gas Skunk) through the deTransmetalization process:
>

> https://www.deviantart.com/unicron9/art/Beast-Wars-Stinkbomb-Detransmetalized-891833098
>
> I love this one as well. Unfortunately, those are the only two I can
> find. I wish there were more of these, because it's such an awesome idea
> and concept. Maybe there are tons more and I'm just not finding them
> because not everybody is using the term "deTransmetalized." But they should.
>

> Zob (what's the opposite of Transmetal? Transflesh?)

Those are great.

Re: My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing the Transmetals

<b3424c3b-034a-439d-84b0-0c3e5bfd9fdan@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5663&group=alt.toys.transformers#5663

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 18:30:18 -0800 (PST)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 02:30 UTC

On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 5:58:55 PM UTC-8, Zobovor wrote:
>Maybe there are tons more and I'm just not finding them because not everybody is using the term "deTransmetalized." But they should.
> Zob (what's the opposite of Transmetal? Transflesh?)

Based on the artist's own description you could also try the search terms "not Transmetal" and "regular ass", but I don't know how much that's gonna narrow it down.

Did you see Frostbutt the squirrel?
https://www.deviantart.com/unicron9/art/Beast-Wars-Frostbutt-903288034

Re: My New Favorite Fan Custom Trend: Detransmetalizing the Transmetals

<eb4bd79a-5ba0-4e95-b540-d9f55a732068n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5666&group=alt.toys.transformers#5666

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 15:20:51 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 10 Mar 2022 23:20 UTC

On Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 7:30:19 PM UTC-7, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:

> Did you see Frostbutt the squirrel?

That's actually kind of awesome. I remember during the 90's pretty much EVERYBODY was doing Beast Wars customs. They were cheap and plentiful. But a lot of people doing those customs were young fans, so they weren't always skilled or accomplished customizers.

Now, if you want to chop up a TM2 Prowl or Stinkbomb or somebody, you have to actively seek it out. I admire that. It takes a certain level of determination and dedication. It's a commitment to the craft. It impressed me less back when you couldn't swing a dead giraffe by the tail without hitting a Transmetal Scavenger or Retrax on clearance somewhere.

Not to toot my own horn, but it reminds me a little of some of the Final Fantasy IV projects I've been doing. Sometimes I need to build a bad guy from the video game, and I need a starting point that's, like, an armored knight or a half-woman half-snake or something. And then I'll discover that there was a toy line called King Arthur and the Knights of Justice from 1992 that I had zero memory of, and then I start hunting on eBay until I've acquired three or four of them or however many I need (a lot of the bad guys from the game take the same design and just do a palette swap). I love how easy eBay has made it to acquire specific toys, even from many years ago. I can't even imagine doing what I do and having to scour toy shows and garage sales and second-hand stores and just hoping that I came across what I needed.

Zob (still worried about how infrequently G1 Iguanus pops up on eBay, though)