Depart in pieces, i.e., split.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colors

SubjectAuthor
* 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colorsEvil King Macrocranios
+* Re: 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colorsZobovor
|`* Re: 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colorsEvil King Macrocranios
| `- Re: 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colorsZobovor
`- Re: 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colorsIrrellius Spamticon

1
3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colors

<fadb9d92-feb5-4fab-a5c6-b142ed98e6cfn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5659&group=alt.toys.transformers#5659

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 15:33:36 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colors
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 23:33 UTC

I am usually blind to 3rd party stuff but wow I think I'm in love. A Marvel comic colors Megatron that turns into a Walther P-38 in shiny metallic finish.

https://tformers.com/newage-h9c-agamemnon-marvel-comics-megatron-limited-edition-stock-images/45106/news.html

I haven't found any place online with a solid price for it but most places that stock the line charge 70 bucks for others in this series.

The only problem is it's legends scale so about 4 inches tall. Or maybe that makes it better. Do I need a tiny $70 Megatron? It seems steep and I am cheap. I already bought that little non transforming Metal Earth model Megatron you have to put together out of thin sheets of tin for like 14 bucks. I guess I could take markers to that and have a poor man's version of this.

Re: 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colors

<8305dece-6e66-47c2-a1e8-69666a57f0dbn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5667&group=alt.toys.transformers#5667

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 18:01:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colors
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 02:01 UTC

On Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 4:33:37 PM UTC-7, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am usually blind to 3rd party stuff but wow I think I'm in love. A Marvel comic colors Megatron that turns into a Walther P-38 in shiny metallic finish.

I love the Marvel Comics color scheme SO MUCH. If they produced the Siege toy in these colors I would totally buy it a ninth (tenth?) time.

I'm not super excited about the scale, though. I think smaller toys make sense if you want them to scale properly with big Titan-class toys. But then you basically have to buy EVERY character in that scale. It's honestly genius, because that doesn't leave a lot of room for official Hasbro or Takara toys. You're in it at this scale, and you're basically buying all third-party.

Zob (waiting for a purple Marvel Comics Soundwave with a Batman helmet)

Re: 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colors

<c4f7035b-5ee9-4704-baac-6e835259efafn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5696&group=alt.toys.transformers#5696

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 22:49:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 05:49 UTC

On Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 6:01:24 PM UTC-8, Zobovor wrote:

> I love the Marvel Comics color scheme SO MUCH. If they produced the Siege toy in these colors I would totally buy it a ninth (tenth?) time.

I would buy it a first time! I came close with the Netflix version because it really looked like they were trying on that one. It reminded me the most of the digital trading card image I fell in love with where Megatron was depicted as a traditional grey tank. But the Netflix deco was just too too dark.

Here's what I think is the actual New Age comic colors Megatron figure in real life and not CGI rendered:

https://www.facebook.com/Newage-TOYS-1156291961179784/photos/pcb.2356994221109546/2356994167776218/

It loses a lot of the shiny and seems more matte but the color scheme is still there and it's neat. Give it a comic accurate head sculpt and I'd be all over it. I think. Pre-orders with prices are going up and it looks like this one is in the 95 dollar range. That's a bit much for a legend size figure.

What would be really neat is if comic colors were done the way cartoon colors are with some equivalent to cel shading, where the comic deco is done in Ben-Day dots and Frank Springer splooshes and whirls. That would be wild. It would look like it came off the comic page just as cel shaded decos look like they popped out of a cartoon.

For some reason G1 comic decos are super rare. (I guess every G2 toy is a comic deco). The only G1 comic decos that come to mind are the MP Grimlock with the Don Perlin crown and the recent Selects Galvatron. You'd think it's a well they'd be more than happy to add to their redeco rolodex, at least for some characters. I'm glad they did Galvatron but I don't know if that was a Lenny idea. Maybe it is and he got it from the 2004 GI Joe comic colored sets and figured it'd work for Transformers.

> But then you basically have to buy EVERY character in that scale. It's honestly genius, because that doesn't leave a lot of room for official Hasbro or Takara toys. You're in it at this scale, and you're basically buying all third-party.

That's ridiculously expensive when little four inch figures cost in the range of 70-90 each. Holy hell how do they afford it.

> Zob (waiting for a purple Marvel Comics Soundwave with a Batman helmet)

I'm hoping for a Megatron/Ratchet monster in R.E.D. but something tells me that's more along the lines of what Super7 would do.

Re: 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colors

<5845701c-4c8c-4e20-8260-16ba2098b11an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5702&group=alt.toys.transformers#5702

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 08:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 15:10 UTC

On Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 11:49:42 PM UTC-6, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:
> What would be really neat is if comic colors were done the way cartoon colors are with some equivalent to cel shading, where the comic deco is done in Ben-Day dots and Frank Springer splooshes and whirls. That would be wild..

For a while, they were doing Star Wars comic packs that were deliberately colored incorrectly, and they looked like they were ripped from the Marvel comics pages. Darth Vader in blue, Stormtroopers with blue airbrushed shadings and red eyes, etc. It was ridiculous and awesome.

I had done a custom C-3PO at one point that was done in that style, painted a matte yellow with lots of black swirly paint deco to mimic the way Marvel artists would illustrate shiny objects. It's honestly one of my favorite projects. And it looks like Funko had the same idea more recently:

https://www.target.com/p/funko-pop-star-wars-retro-series-c-3po-target-exclusive/-/A-82247197

This is literally the exact same approach I had taken with my project. Great minds think alike, apparently!

> I'm hoping for a Megatron/Ratchet monster in R.E.D. but something tells me that's more along the lines of what Super7 would do.

Aren't the Transformers Ultimates going to be bigger than the R.E.D. figures? I thought I read somewhere that they were like seven inches tall. I'd rather get a Super7 version, if it scales more correctly to some version of Powermaster Optimus Prime.

Zob (H3LP U5!)

Re: 3P little Legends Megatron in G1 colors

<5268efaa-2acf-4fa8-be35-9e3605da46acn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5710&group=alt.toys.transformers#5710

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 07:25:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 14:25 UTC

On Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 5:33:37 PM UTC-6, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am usually blind to 3rd party stuff but wow I think I'm in love. A Marvel comic colors Megatron that turns into a Walther P-38 in shiny metallic finish.
>
> https://tformers.com/newage-h9c-agamemnon-marvel-comics-megatron-limited-edition-stock-images/45106/news.html
>
> I haven't found any place online with a solid price for it but most places that stock the line charge 70 bucks for others in this series.
>
> The only problem is it's legends scale so about 4 inches tall. Or maybe that makes it better. Do I need a tiny $70 Megatron? It seems steep and I am cheap. I already bought that little non transforming Metal Earth model Megatron you have to put together out of thin sheets of tin for like 14 bucks. I guess I could take markers to that and have a poor man's version of this..

Someone traded in their original deco Agamemnon after getting that version and it's a bit too big for Legends. It' as big as Earthrise Cliffjumper at least.

I had a few of the Metal Earth kits, but of Star Wars ships. The TIE Advanced was very fun. I put together 2 and misplaced 4, but I might know where I put them hidden in the desk. I wonder what kind of paint would look good on those,