From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 16:23:23 -0800
 by: Travoltron - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 00:23 UTC

The 1986 anime of the toys we in the west knew as GoBots/Robo
Machine/Machine men has finally been released on SD Blu-ray. My copy
just arrived today.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Machine-Robo-Revenge-Of-Cronos-Blu-ray

I always thought it was a really fun show and would have given
Transformers Season 3 a run for its money had they aired it here.

It's very different from Challenge of the GoBots, although like that
cartoon, they focus on a small cast of characters with the other toys
getting guest appearances. A couple of these core characters like Rom
Stol and Triple Jim never had their toys released here. Most of the main
villains did not have toys, as villain toys don't sell well in Japan.

Bandai seem to have given the animation studio Ashi Pro a lot of free
reign initially, as there are a lot of non-toy characters. But about a
third of the way in Bandai must have complained because suddenly it
became very toy-focused.

I hope this sells well so that they release the sequel series, Battle
Hackers.

Re: Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos

<7763419c-110b-427a-a58c-7bee0f74aee6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5454&group=alt.toys.transformers#5454

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 17:35:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 01:35 UTC

On Monday, February 7, 2022 at 5:23:32 PM UTC-7, Travoltron wrote:

> The 1986 anime of the toys we in the west knew as GoBots/Robo
> Machine/Machine men has finally been released on SD Blu-ray. My copy
> just arrived today.

I'm assuming that's the show that this GIF comes from?

https://tinyurl.com/29ekhvjx

Zob (that GIF is literally the only thing I know about that show)

Re: Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos

<stshhs$95p$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5455&group=alt.toys.transformers#5455

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 17:38:01 -0800
 by: Travoltron - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 01:38 UTC

On 2/7/2022 5:35 PM, Zobovor wrote:
> I'm assuming that's the show that this GIF comes from?
>
> https://tinyurl.com/29ekhvjx

Well, someone altered the animation to make it seem naughtier, but yes.
"Crain Brain" is one of those poor guys that just gets a brief cameo.

Re: Dorvack

<t0qsp8$123t$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5689&group=alt.toys.transformers#5689

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Dorvack
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 13:26:56 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Tue, 15 Mar 2022 20:26 UTC

So the Machine Robo Blu-ray came out last month and it's pretty great. I
think all the bonus features from the Japanese DVDs are on there.

Today Discotek announced they will be releasing Powered Armor Dorvack
sometime this year. This is the anime that Roadbuster and Whirl derive
from.

I've only seen maybe one episode, so I can't say if the story is any
good or not, but the robots sure are animated well. I heard that the
show didn't do so well in Japan, but was huge in South America.

Re: Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos

<tc6v0e$v4p$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6566&group=alt.toys.transformers#6566

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 15:17:40 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Sun, 31 Jul 2022 22:17 UTC

Machine Robo: The Running Battlehackers has been licensed! Release date TBA