My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"

SubjectAuthor
* "The Many Saints of Newark"Irish Ranger
`* Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"RichA
 `* Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"JG Rove
  `* Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"RichA
   +- Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"Irish Ranger
   `* Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"Otto J. Makela
    `* Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"Irish Ranger
     `- Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"Otto J. Makela

1
"The Many Saints of Newark"

<54675013-8e3a-4ac1-ae5c-be58e818ba00n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5659&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5659

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 15:36:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "The Many Saints of Newark"
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Ranger)
 by: Irish Ranger - Sun, 3 Oct 2021 22:36 UTC

This is the long awaited "Sopranos" prequel. I have to say that
although I really liked the "Sopranos", and bought the full DVD set,
I was a little disappointed in "Many Saints". However, to be fair, I
have to say a couple of things. Even though I have the deluxe HBO package through AT&T cable TV, I had to watch "Many Saints" through the HBO Max app.. The result was not good. First, I could not get closed caption and had a hard time understanding a lot of the dialog. Second, most of the movie looked like it had been filmed in the dark. The lighting was terrible.

But again, that may have just been a problem with my using the HBO Max app. I don't have those problems with any of the other HBO shows I watch with the regular AT&T cable service.

Bottom line: I am glad I watched it and even happier that I didn't have
to pay any extra fee to do it.

Irish Mike

Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"

<37ff4fdf-b4bd-4d9b-abac-384803585035n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5670&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5670

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 21:04:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Fri, 8 Oct 2021 04:04 UTC

On Sunday, 3 October 2021 at 18:36:10 UTC-4, Irish Ranger wrote:
> This is the long awaited "Sopranos" prequel. I have to say that
> although I really liked the "Sopranos", and bought the full DVD set,
> I was a little disappointed in "Many Saints". However, to be fair, I
> have to say a couple of things. Even though I have the deluxe HBO package through AT&T cable TV, I had to watch "Many Saints" through the HBO Max app. The result was not good. First, I could not get closed caption and had a hard time understanding a lot of the dialog. Second, most of the movie looked like it had been filmed in the dark. The lighting was terrible.
>
> But again, that may have just been a problem with my using the HBO Max app. I don't have those problems with any of the other HBO shows I watch with the regular AT&T cable service.
>
> Bottom line: I am glad I watched it and even happier that I didn't have
> to pay any extra fee to do it.
>
> Irish Mike

Not only did the Tony character hardly make much of a mark (nothing, really) in this movie, it was mostly about a fictionally-contrived uncle. Plus honestly, it is not in the top-tier of mob movies by any stretch.
Disappointing, as I thought it was to be a tv series dealing with the early adult life of Tony as a mafia up and comer.

Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"

<56deef49-8ef6-4017-a96a-1ba5d085d1b8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5671&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5671

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 11:27:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (JG Rove)
 by: JG Rove - Fri, 8 Oct 2021 18:27 UTC

On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 11:04:46 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> On Sunday, 3 October 2021 at 18:36:10 UTC-4, Irish Ranger wrote:
> > This is the long awaited "Sopranos" prequel. I have to say that
> > although I really liked the "Sopranos", and bought the full DVD set,
> > I was a little disappointed in "Many Saints". However, to be fair, I
> > have to say a couple of things. Even though I have the deluxe HBO package through AT&T cable TV, I had to watch "Many Saints" through the HBO Max app. The result was not good. First, I could not get closed caption and had a hard time understanding a lot of the dialog. Second, most of the movie looked like it had been filmed in the dark. The lighting was terrible.
> >
> > But again, that may have just been a problem with my using the HBO Max app. I don't have those problems with any of the other HBO shows I watch with the regular AT&T cable service.
> >
> > Bottom line: I am glad I watched it and even happier that I didn't have
> > to pay any extra fee to do it.
> >
> > Irish Mike
> Not only did the Tony character hardly make much of a mark (nothing, really) in this movie, it was mostly about a fictionally-contrived uncle. Plus honestly, it is not in the top-tier of mob movies by any stretch.
> Disappointing, as I thought it was to be a tv series dealing with the early adult life of Tony as a mafia up and comer.

Chase should film Gandolphinies heart attack story in Europe where they stole his Rolex off his wrist.

Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"

<f9f8f456-8523-4870-923a-141e95b4cb17n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5673&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5673

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 00:45:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: rander3...@gmail.com (RichA)
 by: RichA - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 07:45 UTC

On Friday, 8 October 2021 at 14:27:34 UTC-4, JG Rove wrote:
> On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 11:04:46 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> > On Sunday, 3 October 2021 at 18:36:10 UTC-4, Irish Ranger wrote:
> > > This is the long awaited "Sopranos" prequel. I have to say that
> > > although I really liked the "Sopranos", and bought the full DVD set,
> > > I was a little disappointed in "Many Saints". However, to be fair, I
> > > have to say a couple of things. Even though I have the deluxe HBO package through AT&T cable TV, I had to watch "Many Saints" through the HBO Max app. The result was not good. First, I could not get closed caption and had a hard time understanding a lot of the dialog. Second, most of the movie looked like it had been filmed in the dark. The lighting was terrible.
> > >
> > > But again, that may have just been a problem with my using the HBO Max app. I don't have those problems with any of the other HBO shows I watch with the regular AT&T cable service.
> > >
> > > Bottom line: I am glad I watched it and even happier that I didn't have
> > > to pay any extra fee to do it.
> > >
> > > Irish Mike
> > Not only did the Tony character hardly make much of a mark (nothing, really) in this movie, it was mostly about a fictionally-contrived uncle. Plus honestly, it is not in the top-tier of mob movies by any stretch.
> > Disappointing, as I thought it was to be a tv series dealing with the early adult life of Tony as a mafia up and comer.
> Chase should film Gandolphinies heart attack story in Europe where they stole his Rolex off his wrist.

Europe is a s---hole. They earn maybe 2/3 of what an American does for the same job and pay 40% in income tax. No wonder they steal.

Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"

<1c6b0eec-c143-4243-8935-b4824db70e0an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5699&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5699

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 05:54:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Ranger)
 by: Irish Ranger - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 12:54 UTC

On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 3:45:29 AM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 8 October 2021 at 14:27:34 UTC-4, JG Rove wrote:

> > > Not only did the Tony character hardly make much of a mark (nothing, really) in this movie, it was mostly about a fictionally-contrived uncle. Plus honestly, it is not in the top-tier of mob movies by any stretch.
> > > Disappointing, as I thought it was to be a tv series dealing with the early adult life of Tony as a mafia up and comer.
> > Chase should film Gandolphinies heart attack story in Europe where they stole his Rolex off his wrist.
> Europe is a s---hole. They earn maybe 2/3 of what an American does for the same job and pay 40% in income tax. No wonder they steal.

Is that true about his Rolex? I read about his heart attack but never heard about his
missing Rolex.

Irish Mike

Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"

<87mtn7dc85.fsf@tigger.extechop.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5700&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5700

From: om...@iki.fi (Otto J. Makela)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 16:15:06 +0300
 by: Otto J. Makela - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 13:15 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> Europe is a s---hole. They earn maybe 2/3 of what an American does
> for the same job and pay 40% in income tax. No wonder they steal.

Remembering your repeated poorly-considered inflammatory trollings,
I won't bite, but just remark that you've certainly swallowed the
hook, line and sinker of propaganda.
--
/* * * Otto J. Makela <om@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * */
/* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, ICBM: N 60 10' E 24 55' */

Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"

<913b8ecb-6d6a-4276-89f7-33fa30701834n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5703&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5703

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 06:53:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Ranger)
 by: Irish Ranger - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 13:53 UTC

On Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 9:15:09 AM UTC-4, Otto J. Makela wrote:
> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Europe is a s---hole. They earn maybe 2/3 of what an American does
> > for the same job and pay 40% in income tax. No wonder they steal.
> Remembering your repeated poorly-considered inflammatory trollings,
> I won't bite, but just remark that you've certainly swallowed the
> hook, line and sinker of propaganda.

I read a post and asked if it was true. If that causes you a big
problem -it's your problem.

Irish Mike

Re: "The Many Saints of Newark"

<87ee8jda0q.fsf@tigger.extechop.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5704&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#5704

From: om...@iki.fi (Otto J. Makela)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 17:02:45 +0300
 by: Otto J. Makela - Sun, 17 Oct 2021 14:02 UTC

Irish Ranger <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:

> I read a post and asked if it was true. If that causes you a big
> problem -it's your problem.

But I wasn't replying to your message?