What is food to one, is to others bitter poison. -- Titus Lucretius Carus

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis Prime

SubjectAuthor
* Transformers Go! Nemesis PrimeGustavo Wombat
+* Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis PrimeZobovor
|+- Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis PrimeGustavo Wombat
|`- Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis PrimeGustavo Wombat
`* Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis PrimeIrrellius Spamticon
 `* Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis PrimeGustavo Wombat
  `- Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis PrimeIrrellius Spamticon

1
Transformers Go! Nemesis Prime

<t18q18$qp7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5713&group=alt.toys.transformers#5713

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Transformers Go! Nemesis Prime
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 03:05:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 03:05 UTC

This is a toy that I have been stalking on eBay for many, many years,
waiting to find one in good shape at a price I was willing to pay.

In the US, we got a release as plain Optimus Prime in the Beast Hunters
line, and was the one character model was never updated on the show to
match — basically none of the Beast Hunters vehicle-based designs got used
in the show. They were all used in “Transformers: Go!”, and I think that
Hasbro just brought over the majority of that toyline but not the cartoon.
This was the year when most of the cast got their toys remolded with random
animal parts added to their vehicle modes.

Japan never got the third season of TF: Prime — the American and Japanese
continuities of the show split, much like G1.

Prime is a brand new mold, and lacks any overt animal aspects — there might
be catfish whiskers on his vehicle mode, but I think it was meant as just
cool spikes and maybe a cow catcher. It’s an odd vehicle. We’ll get there.
He’s packaged in robot mode, though, so that’s where we begin.

He’s remarkably light for a Voyager.

This was at the dawn of the Great Cheapening, if I recall correctly, and
this toy is definitely affected by it, but isn’t a victim of it. Plastics
have a slightly softer, not-quite-authentic-Transformers quality to them,
with the wings being particularly soft. There aren’t any significant gaps
though — the insides of the biceps are hollowed out, but have enough cross
bars to provide good support and look just like molded details in the shade
in almost every pose, and rather than a back he has a backpack that almost
covers all the gaps. He’s light, but not hollow, and he doesn’t sacrifice
much.

There are Lee Press On Wheels, and they carved away the plastic from the
undersides of his fists, while still leaving the 5mm hole sturdy by making
it a tube on the bottom. Lots of weird little details like that to cut
costs.

The robot mode design looks more like a bulked up form of Animated Optimus
Prime than TF: Prime Prime — the chest windows in particular are the
Animated shape, and he has that Superhero physique that Animated started
the designs with. Most of the detailing is too complex to fit the Animated
style though, and too much of the plastic is smooth and shiny.

If this was all The Great Cheapening would cause in the toy lines, I think
it wouldn’t be referred to as The Great Cheapening with quite as much
disdain.

He has the traditional Transformers look of thin biceps and Popeye forearms
and thin thighs with huge calves. Often this is to accommodate things
folding into the outer limbs, but here it is just the style — nothing ends
up collapsing on the limbs during transformation.

Paint decos in robot mode are very classic Nemesis Prime. Black, gray
biceps and thighs, red chest windows, metallic light blue paint in the
right spots. Look at a picture.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Gotoy-HunterNemesisPrime.jpg

What the picture doesn’t show, however, is the use of molding to create
texture, so some parts of the black are glossy and others are matte, and
this difference can happen in the same piece of molded plastic. A lot of
visual interest and depth is created using this technique. It’s gorgeous.

You can barely see it on the left shoulder in that picture — his left, your
right — but it is much more prominent in real life.

The Optimus release still has this molded texture detail, but the bright
colors tend to make it stand out less. Nemesis actually ends up with more
visual interest than Optimus because of this.

It’s wacky. On Nemesis it is as effective as paint operations, and with
Optimus it’s barely noticeable.

It’s something I wish they would make more use of with darker colored
transformers.

Articulation is basically up to modern standards with the exception of
ankle tilts. And, with his leggy proportions, ankle tilts would be welcome.

Also, on the subject of ankles, if you tilt his foot down, it looks almost
severed, as that’s the way the transformation goes. It is jarring the first
time, not in a “his foot is barely attached” way but in a “wow, he really
is kind of secretly hollow” kind of way.

He has wings that are probably just stabilizers, and his missile launchers
attach to his back to act like a jet pack.

The missile launchers have fold out parts that make them look like
crossbows when used as weapons. I would say it is very silly, but then a
Wookiee might tear my arms out of their sockets.

He also comes with a very nice sword, which you might be familiar with as
it was also used for the Platinum Edition G1 Predaking. It is clear red,
has the molded textures to make it frosted in parts, and a nicely painted
handle with a side peg for mounting for storage in vehicle mode.

Everything uses 5mm pegs, so he is compatible with modern Targetmasters and
the like.

(The Targetmasters that came with Hotlink — Heartburn and Gastic Reflux? —
are an excellent shade of light bluish teal that goes well with any Nemesis
Prime)

Transformation is pretty straightforward, and borrows a bit from G1 and
Kingdom Inferno with the way the arms swing around and then just rest on
the legs. Because Nemesis has much rounder forearms this does not blend in
at all, but then the wing assembly comes down and covers it. Mostly. From
above you can see fists.

Transformation is trickier going back into robot mode, as the intuitive
position of the backpack is just wrong, and then the wing assembly cannot
fit over it. Easy enough to do the right way, but I never remember the
right way.

There are 5mm ports on the side for mounting his missile launchers, and
one on top for his sword. He looks like a small garbage truck with missile
launchers on the side and a sword on top.

He’s not a garbage truck, but that’s the vibe he gives. He’s supposed to be
an off road thing, similar to the Rise Of The Beasts Optimus Prime toy’s
alt mode.

He’s black and gray. Red windows on the cab (side windows painted, front
clear — a crime to do that, but on a futuristic or less realistic alt mode,
it’s not as much of a sin. Vestigial window spots). There’s a little bit of
yellow for his headlights, and metallic teal eyebrows above the windows.
And that’s it.

Actually, the parts that are headlights might be unpainted. It’s hard to
tell where the headlights are. He’s a bit abstract. There are lots of
details and greebles, brought out by matte and gloss textures. He has
spikes on his bumper that might be whiskers or a cow catcher.

The rims of the wheels should have been painted, but aren’t. He needs some
more color or detail on the sides.

A Targetmaster looks better on top than the sword, and a well chosen
Targetmaster can give a splash of much needed color. You can see the thighs
poking down, but the gray plastic just makes them look like poorly defined
suspension or something.

He rolls well, the missiles fire. He looks pretty tough. Everything pegs
together well. He’s pretty ok in vehicle mode.

He’s also just really fun. He’s a bit more of a toy than a display piece.
DVandom once wrote of the Optimus:

“Optimus Prime: Pretty good in robot mode, and while the transformation
takes the cheaper materials into account, it also makes it clear some of
the
materials are pretty cheap. Vehicle mode is okay, but suffers from
really
cruddy wheels. Mildly recommended, wait for a store sale to bring it down
$20 or less.”

I can’t say that was wrong… just that the mold has grown on me over the
years and remained fun. Fun enough to hunt down an alternate color scheme.

Plus I have some unfortunate love of Nemesis Prime, but I think we might be
done now — between MP-10B, Earthrise, and Armada, I think we’ve hit every
interesting Optimus Prime design. I have others, but they are just kind of
there. Ok, if they did Cybertron Optimus, then I’d get that too.

(RID Scourge is his own thing)

I would have accepted a Nominal Nemesis or whatever from Optimal Optimus.

Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis Prime

<41dba943-247d-4ae2-92db-1c911d140525n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5714&group=alt.toys.transformers#5714

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 14:44:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis Prime
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 21:44 UTC

On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 9:05:14 PM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> This is a toy that I have been stalking on eBay for many, many years,
> waiting to find one in good shape at a price I was willing to pay.

I wasn't familiar with him. Yikes, he's expensive. It looks like he goes for about $200 or so. Did you get him for less than that?
It must be a bit strange to be buying a toy from 2013 for the first time, given the innovations and such that we've seen with modern toys since that time.

It's always interesting to see which older toys people are actively hunting for. If I had to repurchase my collection, there are plenty of toys from a decade ago that I probably wouldn't bother to buy again. Everybody's got 20/20 hindsight, of course, but nobody can see the future. You begrudgingly buy a kinda-sorta good G1 update, and you have no idea a great one is coming in a few years.

I will look on eBay for older stuff when there's a lull in the current product, or at least when there's not much of the current product I want to buy.. Honestly, that isn't happeing right now. Between Kingdom/Legacy/Studio Series (KlSS is the new CHUG) and the great Ninja Turtles product coming from NECA and Super7... there isn't a shortage of toys for me to buy.
> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Gotoy-HunterNemesisPrime.jpg

He's pretty. Much more stylized than RiD Scourge.

Zob (the Evil Optimus thing has kind of been done to death, though)

Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis Prime

<11a0a518-56a9-48be-aa4b-d32b2c0db794n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5715&group=alt.toys.transformers#5715

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 17:09:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 00:09 UTC

On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 10:05:14 PM UTC-5, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> This is a toy that I have been stalking on eBay for many, many years,
> waiting to find one in good shape at a price I was willing to pay.
>
> In the US, we got a release as plain Optimus Prime in the Beast Hunters
> line, and was the one character model was never updated on the show to
> match — basically none of the Beast Hunters vehicle-based designs got used
> in the show. They were all used in “Transformers: Go!”, and I think that
> Hasbro just brought over the majority of that toyline but not the cartoon..
> This was the year when most of the cast got their toys remolded with random
> animal parts added to their vehicle modes.
>
> Japan never got the third season of TF: Prime — the American and Japanese
> continuities of the show split, much like G1.

I was under the impression that Go! was a completely standalone series that just borrowed some of the Beast Hunters molds while adding many new molds.

> Prime is a brand new mold, and lacks any overt animal aspects — there might
> be catfish whiskers on his vehicle mode, but I think it was meant as just
> cool spikes and maybe a cow catcher. It’s an odd vehicle. We’ll get there.
> He’s packaged in robot mode, though, so that’s where we begin.
>
> He’s remarkably light for a Voyager.
>
> This was at the dawn of the Great Cheapening, if I recall correctly, and
> this toy is definitely affected by it, but isn’t a victim of it. Plastics
> have a slightly softer, not-quite-authentic-Transformers quality to them,
> with the wings being particularly soft. There aren’t any significant gaps
> though — the insides of the biceps are hollowed out, but have enough cross
> bars to provide good support and look just like molded details in the shade
> in almost every pose, and rather than a back he has a backpack that almost
> covers all the gaps. He’s light, but not hollow, and he doesn’t sacrifice
> much.

I wonder if the Takara Nemesis Prime was built better than his US Autobot counterpart. I remember the US version feeling quite cheap.

> There are Lee Press On Wheels, and they carved away the plastic from the
> undersides of his fists, while still leaving the 5mm hole sturdy by making
> it a tube on the bottom. Lots of weird little details like that to cut
> costs.
>
> The robot mode design looks more like a bulked up form of Animated Optimus
> Prime than TF: Prime Prime — the chest windows in particular are the
> Animated shape, and he has that Superhero physique that Animated started
> the designs with. Most of the detailing is too complex to fit the Animated
> style though, and too much of the plastic is smooth and shiny.
>
> If this was all The Great Cheapening would cause in the toy lines, I think
> it wouldn’t be referred to as The Great Cheapening with quite as much
> disdain.

I know much of the Takara Arms Micron toys were better than the US Prime counterparts, especially in the way of paintjobs, so now I want to hold some Go! figures to compare

> He has the traditional Transformers look of thin biceps and Popeye forearms
> and thin thighs with huge calves. Often this is to accommodate things
> folding into the outer limbs, but here it is just the style — nothing ends
> up collapsing on the limbs during transformation.
>
> Paint decos in robot mode are very classic Nemesis Prime. Black, gray
> biceps and thighs, red chest windows, metallic light blue paint in the
> right spots. Look at a picture.
>
> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Gotoy-HunterNemesisPrime.jpg

He looks so much better as Nemesis than he did as Optimus

> What the picture doesn’t show, however, is the use of molding to create
> texture, so some parts of the black are glossy and others are matte, and
> this difference can happen in the same piece of molded plastic. A lot of
> visual interest and depth is created using this technique. It’s gorgeous.
>
> You can barely see it on the left shoulder in that picture — his left, your
> right — but it is much more prominent in real life.
>
> The Optimus release still has this molded texture detail, but the bright
> colors tend to make it stand out less. Nemesis actually ends up with more
> visual interest than Optimus because of this.
>
> It’s wacky. On Nemesis it is as effective as paint operations, and with
> Optimus it’s barely noticeable.
>
> It’s something I wish they would make more use of with darker colored
> transformers.
>
> Articulation is basically up to modern standards with the exception of
> ankle tilts. And, with his leggy proportions, ankle tilts would be welcome.
>

> Also, on the subject of ankles, if you tilt his foot down, it looks almost
> severed, as that’s the way the transformation goes. It is jarring the first
> time, not in a “his foot is barely attached” way but in a “wow, he really
> is kind of secretly hollow” kind of way.
>
> He has wings that are probably just stabilizers, and his missile launchers
> attach to his back to act like a jet pack.
>
> The missile launchers have fold out parts that make them look like
> crossbows when used as weapons. I would say it is very silly, but then a
> Wookiee might tear my arms out of their sockets.

It is very silly and as someone who is part Wookie I can say Optimus doesn't need appropriate Wookie culture.

> He also comes with a very nice sword, which you might be familiar with as
> it was also used for the Platinum Edition G1 Predaking. It is clear red,
> has the molded textures to make it frosted in parts, and a nicely painted
> handle with a side peg for mounting for storage in vehicle mode.
>
> Everything uses 5mm pegs, so he is compatible with modern Targetmasters and
> the like.
>
> (The Targetmasters that came with Hotlink — Heartburn and Gastic Reflux? —
> are an excellent shade of light bluish teal that goes well with any Nemesis
> Prime)
>
> Transformation is pretty straightforward, and borrows a bit from G1 and
> Kingdom Inferno with the way the arms swing around and then just rest on
> the legs. Because Nemesis has much rounder forearms this does not blend in
> at all, but then the wing assembly comes down and covers it. Mostly. From
> above you can see fists.
>
> Transformation is trickier going back into robot mode, as the intuitive
> position of the backpack is just wrong, and then the wing assembly cannot
> fit over it. Easy enough to do the right way, but I never remember the
> right way.
>
> There are 5mm ports on the side for mounting his missile launchers, and
> one on top for his sword. He looks like a small garbage truck with missile
> launchers on the side and a sword on top.

I still think the accessories almost seem like they weren't designed with this specific mold in mind, they can just attach to anything

> He’s not a garbage truck, but that’s the vibe he gives. He’s supposed to be
> an off road thing, similar to the Rise Of The Beasts Optimus Prime toy’s
> alt mode.
>
> He’s black and gray. Red windows on the cab (side windows painted, front
> clear — a crime to do that, but on a futuristic or less realistic alt mode,
> it’s not as much of a sin. Vestigial window spots). There’s a little bit of
> yellow for his headlights, and metallic teal eyebrows above the windows.
> And that’s it.
>
> Actually, the parts that are headlights might be unpainted. It’s hard to
> tell where the headlights are. He’s a bit abstract. There are lots of
> details and greebles, brought out by matte and gloss textures. He has
> spikes on his bumper that might be whiskers or a cow catcher.
>
> The rims of the wheels should have been painted, but aren’t. He needs some
> more color or detail on the sides.
>
> A Targetmaster looks better on top than the sword, and a well chosen
> Targetmaster can give a splash of much needed color. You can see the thighs
> poking down, but the gray plastic just makes them look like poorly defined
> suspension or something.
>
> He rolls well, the missiles fire. He looks pretty tough. Everything pegs
> together well. He’s pretty ok in vehicle mode.
>
> He’s also just really fun. He’s a bit more of a toy than a display piece.
> DVandom once wrote of the Optimus:
>
> “Optimus Prime: Pretty good in robot mode, and while the transformation
> takes the cheaper materials into account, it also makes it clear some of
> the
> materials are pretty cheap. Vehicle mode is okay, but suffers from
> really
> cruddy wheels. Mildly recommended, wait for a store sale to bring it down
> $20 or less.”
>
> I can’t say that was wrong… just that the mold has grown on me over the
> years and remained fun. Fun enough to hunt down an alternate color scheme..
>
> Plus I have some unfortunate love of Nemesis Prime, but I think we might be
> done now — between MP-10B, Earthrise, and Armada, I think we’ve hit every
> interesting Optimus Prime design. I have others, but they are just kind of
> there. Ok, if they did Cybertron Optimus, then I’d get that too.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis Prime

<t1bg3b$ddo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5719&group=alt.toys.transformers#5719

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 03:34:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 03:34 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 9:05:14 PM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the
> Seattle Wombats wrote:
>
>> This is a toy that I have been stalking on eBay for many, many years,
>> waiting to find one in good shape at a price I was willing to pay.
>
> I wasn't familiar with him. Yikes, he's expensive. It looks like he
> goes for about $200 or so. Did you get him for less than that?

$100. I’m not crazy. Or I have forgotten how much I paid.

> It must be a bit strange to be buying a toy from 2013 for the first time,
> given the innovations and such that we've seen with modern toys since that time.

I have the Optimus. He’s really fun, just a bit ugly. And cheap feeling. He
felt cheap in 2013, and was eyed suspiciously. But remained fun. And ugly.
The green windows.

> It's always interesting to see which older toys people are actively
> hunting for. If I had to repurchase my collection, there are plenty of
> toys from a decade ago that I probably wouldn't bother to buy again.
> Everybody's got 20/20 hindsight, of course, but nobody can see the
> future. You begrudgingly buy a kinda-sorta good G1 update, and you have
> no idea a great one is coming in a few years.
>
> I will look on eBay for older stuff when there's a lull in the current
> product, or at least when there's not much of the current product I want
> to buy. Honestly, that isn't happeing right now. Between
> Kingdom/Legacy/Studio Series (KlSS is the new CHUG) and the great Ninja
> Turtles product coming from NECA and Super7... there isn't a shortage of
> toys for me to buy.
>
>> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Gotoy-HunterNemesisPrime.jpg
>
> He's pretty. Much more stylized than RiD Scourge.

It really helps that he’s so different from the standard Optimus design.

> Zob (the Evil Optimus thing has kind of been done to death, though)

Someday, I will return to my fanfic about Nemesis Prime. Once you start
giving them your own characterization, they feel special.

Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis Prime

<t1bhu1$tup$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5720&group=alt.toys.transformers#5720

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 04:05:21 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 04:05 UTC

Irrellius Spamticon <Ob1kenoby@att.net> wrote:
> On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 10:05:14 PM UTC-5, Gustavo Wombat, of the
> Seattle Wombats wrote:
>> This is a toy that I have been stalking on eBay for many, many years,
>> waiting to find one in good shape at a price I was willing to pay.
>>
>> In the US, we got a release as plain Optimus Prime in the Beast Hunters
>> line, and was the one character model was never updated on the show to
>> match — basically none of the Beast Hunters vehicle-based designs got used
>> in the show. They were all used in “Transformers: Go!”, and I think that
>> Hasbro just brought over the majority of that toyline but not the cartoon.
>> This was the year when most of the cast got their toys remolded with random
>> animal parts added to their vehicle modes.
>>
>> Japan never got the third season of TF: Prime — the American and Japanese
>> continuities of the show split, much like G1.
>>

> I was under the impression that Go! was a completely standalone series
> that just borrowed some of the Beast Hunters molds while adding many new molds.

I just know what I skim off TFWiki while half asleep. My reading
comprehension drops after 2 paragraphs sometimes.

>> Prime is a brand new mold, and lacks any overt animal aspects — there might
>> be catfish whiskers on his vehicle mode, but I think it was meant as just
>> cool spikes and maybe a cow catcher. It’s an odd vehicle. We’ll get there.
>> He’s packaged in robot mode, though, so that’s where we begin.
>>
>> He’s remarkably light for a Voyager.
>>
>> This was at the dawn of the Great Cheapening, if I recall correctly, and
>> this toy is definitely affected by it, but isn’t a victim of it. Plastics
>> have a slightly softer, not-quite-authentic-Transformers quality to them,
>> with the wings being particularly soft. There aren’t any significant gaps
>> though — the insides of the biceps are hollowed out, but have enough cross
>> bars to provide good support and look just like molded details in the shade
>> in almost every pose, and rather than a back he has a backpack that almost
>> covers all the gaps. He’s light, but not hollow, and he doesn’t sacrifice
>> much.
>>

> I wonder if the Takara Nemesis Prime was built better than his US Autobot
> counterpart. I remember the US version feeling quite cheap.

He feels cheap. He feels really cheap. He made really good use of the cheap
materials, and remains a fun toy, but… there’s a certain lightness to him
and slight softness to the plastic.

>> There are Lee Press On Wheels, and they carved away the plastic from the
>> undersides of his fists, while still leaving the 5mm hole sturdy by making
>> it a tube on the bottom. Lots of weird little details like that to cut
>> costs.
>>
>> The robot mode design looks more like a bulked up form of Animated Optimus
>> Prime than TF: Prime Prime — the chest windows in particular are the
>> Animated shape, and he has that Superhero physique that Animated started
>> the designs with. Most of the detailing is too complex to fit the Animated
>> style though, and too much of the plastic is smooth and shiny.
>>
>> If this was all The Great Cheapening would cause in the toy lines, I think
>> it wouldn’t be referred to as The Great Cheapening with quite as much
>> disdain.
>>

> I know much of the Takara Arms Micron toys were better than the US Prime
> counterparts, especially in the way of paintjobs, so now I want to hold
> some Go! figures to compare

I’ve gotten a few of the Go! Toys when I’ve seen them cheap. Generally
better paint jobs and color schemes. None of the weird swirled plastics.

> [...]
>> Kingdom Inferno with the way the arms swing around and then just rest on
>> the legs. Because Nemesis has much rounder forearms this does not blend in
>> at all, but then the wing assembly comes down and covers it. Mostly. From
>> above you can see fists.
>>
>> Transformation is trickier going back into robot mode, as the intuitive
>> position of the backpack is just wrong, and then the wing assembly cannot
>> fit over it. Easy enough to do the right way, but I never remember the
>> right way.
>>
>> There are 5mm ports on the side for mounting his missile launchers, and
>> one on top for his sword. He looks like a small garbage truck with missile
>> launchers on the side and a sword on top.
>>

> I still think the accessories almost seem like they weren't designed with
> this specific mold in mind, they can just attach to anything

I like being able to switch up the weapons, so I don’t mind. I like that
he’s just a little bit off the standard Optimus model.

>> He’s not a garbage truck, but that’s the vibe he gives. He’s supposed to be
>> an off road thing, similar to the Rise Of The Beasts Optimus Prime toy’s
>> alt mode.
>>
>> He’s black and gray. Red windows on the cab (side windows painted, front
>> clear — a crime to do that, but on a futuristic or less realistic alt mode,
>> it’s not as much of a sin. Vestigial window spots). There’s a little bit of
>> yellow for his headlights, and metallic teal eyebrows above the windows.
>> And that’s it.
>>
>> Actually, the parts that are headlights might be unpainted. It’s hard to
>> tell where the headlights are. He’s a bit abstract. There are lots of
>> details and greebles, brought out by matte and gloss textures. He has
>> spikes on his bumper that might be whiskers or a cow catcher.
>>
>> The rims of the wheels should have been painted, but aren’t. He needs some
>> more color or detail on the sides.
>>
>> A Targetmaster looks better on top than the sword, and a well chosen
>> Targetmaster can give a splash of much needed color. You can see the thighs
>> poking down, but the gray plastic just makes them look like poorly defined
>> suspension or something.
>>
>> He rolls well, the missiles fire. He looks pretty tough. Everything pegs
>> together well. He’s pretty ok in vehicle mode.
>>
>> He’s also just really fun. He’s a bit more of a toy than a display piece.
>> DVandom once wrote of the Optimus:
>>
>> “Optimus Prime: Pretty good in robot mode, and while the transformation
>> takes the cheaper materials into account, it also makes it clear some of
>> the
>> materials are pretty cheap. Vehicle mode is okay, but suffers from
>> really
>> cruddy wheels. Mildly recommended, wait for a store sale to bring it down
>> $20 or less.”
>>
>> I can’t say that was wrong… just that the mold has grown on me over the
>> years and remained fun. Fun enough to hunt down an alternate color scheme.
>>
>> Plus I have some unfortunate love of Nemesis Prime, but I think we might be
>> done now — between MP-10B, Earthrise, and Armada, I think we’ve hit every
>> interesting Optimus Prime design. I have others, but they are just kind of
>> there. Ok, if they did Cybertron Optimus, then I’d get that too.
>>

> You made me go get out my Evolutions Nemesis from PotP it's the best
> Nemesis I currently own. They should have paired that Nemesis with a Giza
> Targetmaster sword like they did this one, It's the successor to Arms Micron after all.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis Prime

<t1bimf$14q5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5721&group=alt.toys.transformers#5721

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 04:18:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 04:18 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:

> Zob (the Evil Optimus thing has kind of been done to death, though)

I would like them to cycle through some of the other evil Optimus
characters a bit more often. We still don’t have a G1 Toxitron.

I wouldn’t mind if they used the Fire Guts color scheme for Sentinel Prime,
and settled on a general characterization of Optimus’s corrupt predecessor
(any redeco of Optimus as Sentinel would have to belong to the next toy
line, to get that predecessor thing working)

I have no need for a Shattered Glass Optimus Prime, but others would love
it.

And of course, from a universe where the Autobots are evil and the
Decepticons are slightly more evil, we have Muderous Prime who wants to
tear people’s faces off. If they are cowards and don’t want to acknowledge
how awful Movie Optimus is, they can use the color scheme of 2007 Leader
Nightwatch Optimus Prime.

Pair him with a Bumblebee with a Murderbee deco.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Bumblebee_(Movie)/toys#DOTMDeluxeCyberfire

And I was very pleased with Dead Optimus.

Having the hero encounter someone that reminds him of what he might have
been, and the evil that he is capable of, is a really powerful story
element.

That and “parent figure turns out to be flawed and possibly senile and
definitely crazy”, but they have the Kup/Rodimus relationship for that.

Re: Transformers Go! Nemesis Prime

<aa233d7a-4d03-40d4-8289-c719d771f0f8n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5724&group=alt.toys.transformers#5724

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 05:53:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 12:53 UTC