From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv, rec.arts.sf.tv, rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: [NEWS] Dave Filoni named Lucasfilm's Chief Creative Officer
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:53:22 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 06:53 UTC

Dave Filoni Is Chief Creative Officer at Lucasfilm,
Will Be 'Planning the Future' of 'Star Wars' Films and Shows
Dave Filoni, who has overseen "Star Wars: The Clone Wars,"
"Rebels," "The Mandalorian," "Ahsoka" and is the master of
all things in a galaxy far, far way, now has a new role as
Lucasfilm: chief creative officer. He still holds the title
of executive vice president, which he received in 2020.

Filoni announced his chief creative officer title in an
interview with Vanity Fair on Tuesday. He was already an
executive producer of all live-action "Star Wars" shows on
Disney+ and had been tapped to direct a film weaving together
all of the TV storylines, but he will now take a more
involved role with the future of "Star Wars."

"In the past, in a lot of projects I would be brought into it,
I would see it after it had already developed a good ways," he
said. "In this new role, it's opened up to basically
everything that's going on. When we're planning the future of
what we're doing now, I'm involved at the inception phase."

"I'm not telling people what to do," he added. "But I do feel
I'm trying to help them tell the best story that they want to
tell. I need to be a help across the galaxy here, like a part
of a Jedi Council almost."

"Star Wars" is slowly planning a grand return to the big
screen. The franchise has several more TV series in the works
too. Up next is "Skeleton Crew," a coming-of-age story created
by Jon Watts and Christopher Ford; "The Acolyte," a thriller
helmed by Leslye Headland set in the distant past; and
Season 2 of Tony Gilroy's "Andor." On the big screen there are
films in the works by James Mangold, Taika Waititi, Shawn Levy
and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy. Filoni is also "exploring a possible
second season" of "Ahsoka," which starred Rosario Dawson as the
live-action, grown-up version of Jedi Ahsoka Tano.

"To truly help filmmakers, it was really important for me to
experience it firsthand," Filoni said. "I can also lend a
perspective on the challenges that telling these stories will
present. I feel more capable of actually being helpful outside
of just saying, 'Well, Jedi are like this, and Sith are like
this...'"

Filoni has been with the "Star Wars" universe since directing
the "Clone Wars" movie in 2008 and has worked closely with
creator George Lucas for years. Kathleen Kennedy will still
serve as president of Lucasfilm and Carrie Beck as head of
development. Filoni "weighs in on a narrative level" while
Kennedy oversees Lucasfilm and Beck brings other filmmakers
into the fold.

"Literally, hours now of 'Star Wars' storytelling I have done,"
Filoni said, before pausing to rethink his syntax. "See ... I even
phrased that like Yoda."

<https://variety.com/2023/film/news/dave-filoni-lucasfilm-chief-creative-officer-star-wars-1235804125/>