Chemist who falls in acid is absorbed in work.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

SubjectAuthor
* Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedZobovor
+* Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedGustavo Wombat
|`* Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedZobovor
| +* Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedMarshall
| |`* Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedZobovor
| | `- Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedMarshall
| +- Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedGustavo Wombat
| `* Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedJoseph Bardsley
|  `- Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedIrrellius Spamticon
+* Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedIrrellius Spamticon
|`- Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedEvil King Macrocranios
`- Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing RevealedEvil King Macrocranios

1
Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<b7f36420-890e-458c-9891-c50ccf1bd08cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5726&group=alt.toys.transformers#5726

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:59:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 00:59 UTC

We sort of knew Blitzwing was coming, but this is the first time I've seen pictures of what the toy actually looks like:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/03/23/transformers-legacy-leader-blitzwing-first-look-in-hand-images-451990

He's scaled to be the same size as Siege/Earthrise Astrotrain, so that's... good. I mean, it's good that the character is the correct height, but perhaps less good that he's yet another Voyager-sized toy being sold for a Leader-sized price. But, that's an old complaint.

He comes with his gun and sword, his transformations look authentic enough, and his robot styling is very close to G1. Could this finally be the Blitzwing we've been waiting for? He's a character who is so hard to get right, for some reason.

Zob (tell me what's on your mind, or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!)

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<t1h8qe$1j5i$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5728&group=alt.toys.transformers#5728

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 08:06:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 08:06 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> We sort of knew Blitzwing was coming, but this is the first time I've
> seen pictures of what the toy actually looks like:
>

> https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/03/23/transformers-legacy-leader-blitzwing-first-look-in-hand-images-451990
>
> He's scaled to be the same size as Siege/Earthrise Astrotrain, so
> that's... good. I mean, it's good that the character is the correct
> height, but perhaps less good that he's yet another Voyager-sized toy
> being sold for a Leader-sized price. But, that's an old complaint.

At least he doesn’t look like he’s missing chunks like Astrotrain.

> He comes with his gun and sword, his transformations look authentic
> enough, and his robot styling is very close to G1. Could this finally be
> the Blitzwing we've been waiting for? He's a character who is so hard to
> get right, for some reason.

Replace the stickers with paint and Titans Return would be great. As it is,
I still think it’s very good. This looks to be a marginal improvement, and
welcome enough — it means my G2 Hero Megatron toy won’t look exactly like
Blitzwing.

> Zob (tell me what's on your mind, or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!)

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<9c1fb217-72b6-476f-8f98-702d035dc763n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5729&group=alt.toys.transformers#5729

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 04:39:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 11:39 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 2:06:44 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> I still think it’s very good. This looks to be a marginal improvement, and
> welcome enough — it means my G2 Hero Megatron toy won’t look exactly like
> Blitzwing.

Good gravy. There is a LOT of complaining online right now about the fact that this toy exists.

Apparently it's much too accurate to G1, far too authentic, and much, much too close to the cartoon model. Suddenly, everybody is infuriated about Blitzwing having a visible jet cockpit in tank mode. It's like the thing with Masterpiece Ultra Magnus' red front bumper, only like twenty times worse. Suddenly, being able to see the jet cockpit is, like, the most unforgivable affront in history. For 37 years, nobody cared that Blitzwing was transformed wrong in the cartoon, and now suddenly everyone's become a Diaclone expert and is incensed that Blitzwing is turned 'round the wrong way for G1.. How DARE they.

(What the hell are people doing to do when they also discover that you can still see Astrotrain's space shuttle thrusters when he's in train mode?! There's going to be rioting in Rhode Island!)

Fans are saying the Titans Return toy is better. That the Generations toy from 2014 is better. That the Animated toy is better. That literally any version of Blitzwing is better than this apparent abomination. Well, then, that's good, right? All these fans already have a Blitzwing toy that makes them happy. I'll finally get the one I always wanted, and then everybody wins.

And there's also the usual complaining about how he's a Voyager-class toy who comes with Hulk hands to try to justify the Leader-class price point. But I expected that.

If everybody is so angry about this toy, the obvious solution is to just not buy it. Which means I shouldn't have any trouble finding it at retail, so that's good.

Zob (I mean, I haven't thought of the fandom collectively as being a bunch of big, whiny babies in a really long time, but... wow)

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<28764302-1ebd-4d32-ad49-49c10bd6c8b1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5731&group=alt.toys.transformers#5731

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 07:07:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 14:07 UTC

On Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 7:59:14 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> We sort of knew Blitzwing was coming, but this is the first time I've seen pictures of what the toy actually looks like:
>
> https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/03/23/transformers-legacy-leader-blitzwing-first-look-in-hand-images-451990
>
> He's scaled to be the same size as Siege/Earthrise Astrotrain, so that's.... good. I mean, it's good that the character is the correct height, but perhaps less good that he's yet another Voyager-sized toy being sold for a Leader-sized price. But, that's an old complaint.
>
> He comes with his gun and sword, his transformations look authentic enough, and his robot styling is very close to G1. Could this finally be the Blitzwing we've been waiting for? He's a character who is so hard to get right, for some reason.
>

> Zob (tell me what's on your mind, or I'll splatter it on the wall and see for myself!)

Darn, I was hoping I had seen this before everyone else on here.

He looks very Gee-Wun, I don't exactly like how far the jet nose sticks out of the tank, but overall he looks good. He's one of those characters where the G1 show was a little too close to his toy, which is a complaint I thought I'd never have. His feet definitely look much better than G1, from someone who has great difficulty balancing old G1 Blitzwings on the display shelf on their fin toes.

I don't know what the giant red hands are from. I feel like I should know, but it's not ringing any bells. The closest thing I can find is an IDW panel that looks like a bad perspective drawing with red forearms.

I hope he comes with something good to justify the Leader pricetag though, and I hope it's not just a ton of blast effects, especially because I don't know if Legacy even uses blast effects.

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<10050645-8200-4adc-a83a-cbe73d19a3ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5732&group=alt.toys.transformers#5732

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 08:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: dpdli...@gmail.com (Marshall)
 by: Marshall - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:02 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 7:39:35 AM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 2:06:44 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
>
> > I still think it’s very good. This looks to be a marginal improvement, and
> > welcome enough — it means my G2 Hero Megatron toy won’t look exactly like
> > Blitzwing.
> Good gravy. There is a LOT of complaining online right now about the fact that this toy exists.
>
> Apparently it's much too accurate to G1, far too authentic, and much, much too close to the cartoon model. Suddenly, everybody is infuriated about Blitzwing having a visible jet cockpit in tank mode. It's like the thing with Masterpiece Ultra Magnus' red front bumper, only like twenty times worse. Suddenly, being able to see the jet cockpit is, like, the most unforgivable affront in history. For 37 years, nobody cared that Blitzwing was transformed wrong in the cartoon, and now suddenly everyone's become a Diaclone expert and is incensed that Blitzwing is turned 'round the wrong way for G1. How DARE they.
>
> (What the hell are people doing to do when they also discover that you can still see Astrotrain's space shuttle thrusters when he's in train mode?! There's going to be rioting in Rhode Island!)
>
> Fans are saying the Titans Return toy is better. That the Generations toy from 2014 is better. That the Animated toy is better. That literally any version of Blitzwing is better than this apparent abomination. Well, then, that's good, right? All these fans already have a Blitzwing toy that makes them happy. I'll finally get the one I always wanted, and then everybody wins.
>
> And there's also the usual complaining about how he's a Voyager-class toy who comes with Hulk hands to try to justify the Leader-class price point. But I expected that.
>
> If everybody is so angry about this toy, the obvious solution is to just not buy it. Which means I shouldn't have any trouble finding it at retail, so that's good.
>

> Zob (I mean, I haven't thought of the fandom collectively as being a bunch of big, whiny babies in a really long time, but... wow)

Yeah, no. The complaints are beyond valid in this case.
I dont usually have an issue with kibble, but the cockpit sticks a good inch out in front of the tank and the amount of undercarriage garbage on the jet is ridiculous.
Good robot mode, but a trash figure. I passed on Astrotrain(on clearance) with only a second look, I wouldnt even mind never seeing this figure at retail.

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<dbeffb5b-de94-4da1-b169-1bed89a369b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5733&group=alt.toys.transformers#5733

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:22:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 22:22 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 9:02:28 AM UTC-6, Marshall wrote:

> I dont usually have an issue with kibble, but the cockpit sticks a good inch out in front of the tank and the amount of undercarriage garbage on the jet is ridiculous.

It's not a very good tank, and not a very good jet, but it's a really good Blitzwing.

I mean, it looks just like the character. That should be the goal. They absolutely didn't have to design the toy so that the jet cockpit pokes out like that in tank mode. But, it's part of the character's signature look. Heck, you don't even have to transform the G1 toy that way if you don't want to. The official look for the G1 version is backwards with respect to the Diaclone toy. But, somewhere along the way, somebody at Hasbro made a decision, or a mistake, and so we got the cockpit look. And I love that we're finally getting a Blitzwing toy that looks like himself.

In fact, if you look closely... that's not even the SAME cockpit. It's a faux cockpit, put there specifically to make his tank mode more screen accurate. It was a deliberate design decision.

It's not like this is a new thing, though. He's had the cockpit look since 1985. It was all over his G1 toy packaging, and the instructions, and in every cartoon episode in which he appeared. "The Golden Lagoon," "Triple Takeover," "Prime Target," all of it. And, of course, The Transformers: the Movie, in which Kup stomps all over his tank-mode jet cockpit so he could stop Blitzwing from shooting Daniel and Hot Rod. He even made it into the third season title sequence, so that's 25 more times we saw him, even after he was booted off the show.

The fans who are going absolutely squirrel-nuts crazy over him having a visible jet cockpit in tank mode, were they just introduced to Transformers yesterday? Like, seriously, did they just barely get off the bus? We've had 37 years to get used to this aspect of the character. It's not a shock. And if everybody thinks this is bad, wait until they finally discover that Perceptor's feet are still visible when he's a microscope! Grab your torches and pitchforks, everyone, 'coz there's gonna be another riot!

Zob (....)

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<t1jb4e$tuf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5735&group=alt.toys.transformers#5735

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 02:58:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 02:58 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 2:06:44 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the
> Seattle Wombats wrote:
>
>> I still think it’s very good. This looks to be a marginal improvement, and
>> welcome enough — it means my G2 Hero Megatron toy won’t look exactly like
>> Blitzwing.
>
> Good gravy. There is a LOT of complaining online right now about the
> fact that this toy exists.
>
> Apparently it's much too accurate to G1, far too authentic, and much,
> much too close to the cartoon model. Suddenly, everybody is infuriated
> about Blitzwing having a visible jet cockpit in tank mode. It's like the
> thing with Masterpiece Ultra Magnus' red front bumper, only like twenty
> times worse. Suddenly, being able to see the jet cockpit is, like, the
> most unforgivable affront in history. For 37 years, nobody cared that
> Blitzwing was transformed wrong in the cartoon, and now suddenly
> everyone's become a Diaclone expert and is incensed that Blitzwing is
> turned 'round the wrong way for G1. How DARE they.
>
> (What the hell are people doing to do when they also discover that you
> can still see Astrotrain's space shuttle thrusters when he's in train
> mode?! There's going to be rioting in Rhode Island!)
>
> Fans are saying the Titans Return toy is better. That the Generations
> toy from 2014 is better. That the Animated toy is better. That
> literally any version of Blitzwing is better than this apparent
> abomination. Well, then, that's good, right? All these fans already
> have a Blitzwing toy that makes them happy. I'll finally get the one I
> always wanted, and then everybody wins.
>
> And there's also the usual complaining about how he's a Voyager-class toy
> who comes with Hulk hands to try to justify the Leader-class price point.
> But I expected that.
>
> If everybody is so angry about this toy, the obvious solution is to just
> not buy it. Which means I shouldn't have any trouble finding it at retail, so that's good.
>

> Zob (I mean, I haven't thought of the fandom collectively as being a
> bunch of big, whiny babies in a really long time, but... wow)

Yowser. My only complaint is that they have kind of hit diminishing returns
with the character. A problem they are going to run into more often these
days.

I’m really looking forward to the day when they say “well, shit, we can’t
make him look more blitzwingy than the last one” and branch out a little.
Space Tank to Space Fighter to Robot or something. I want something that
looks like it should be shooting at Mechagodzilla before getting stomped
on. It will come.

(Or Blitzenwing… Tank to Fighter to Reindeer)

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<83918c7b-998c-4602-ad03-fc9ee034294fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5736&group=alt.toys.transformers#5736

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 23:45:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: joe.bard...@gmail.com (Joseph Bardsley)
 by: Joseph Bardsley - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 06:45 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 4:39:35 AM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 2:06:44 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
>
> > I still think it’s very good. This looks to be a marginal improvement, and
> > welcome enough — it means my G2 Hero Megatron toy won’t look exactly like
> > Blitzwing.
> Good gravy. There is a LOT of complaining online right now about the fact that this toy exists.
>
> Apparently it's much too accurate to G1, far too authentic, and much, much too close to the cartoon model. Suddenly, everybody is infuriated about Blitzwing having a visible jet cockpit in tank mode. It's like the thing with Masterpiece Ultra Magnus' red front bumper, only like twenty times worse. Suddenly, being able to see the jet cockpit is, like, the most unforgivable affront in history. For 37 years, nobody cared that Blitzwing was transformed wrong in the cartoon, and now suddenly everyone's become a Diaclone expert and is incensed that Blitzwing is turned 'round the wrong way for G1. How DARE they.
>
> (What the hell are people doing to do when they also discover that you can still see Astrotrain's space shuttle thrusters when he's in train mode?! There's going to be rioting in Rhode Island!)
>
> Fans are saying the Titans Return toy is better. That the Generations toy from 2014 is better. That the Animated toy is better. That literally any version of Blitzwing is better than this apparent abomination. Well, then, that's good, right? All these fans already have a Blitzwing toy that makes them happy. I'll finally get the one I always wanted, and then everybody wins.
>
> And there's also the usual complaining about how he's a Voyager-class toy who comes with Hulk hands to try to justify the Leader-class price point. But I expected that.
>
> If everybody is so angry about this toy, the obvious solution is to just not buy it. Which means I shouldn't have any trouble finding it at retail, so that's good.
>

> Zob (I mean, I haven't thought of the fandom collectively as being a bunch of big, whiny babies in a really long time, but... wow)

Wow. Even reading this exhausted me, Zob. If fans are this enraged by something like this now ... what would they have made of stuff like the G2 GoBots back in 1995?

We're spoiled beyond measure, truly.

- Joseph

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<d87d1813-1553-4faf-9632-810db7259f77n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5750&group=alt.toys.transformers#5750

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 20:58:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 03:58 UTC

On Friday, March 25, 2022 at 1:45:13 AM UTC-5, Joseph Bardsley wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 4:39:35 AM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 2:06:44 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> >
> > > I still think it’s very good. This looks to be a marginal improvement, and
> > > welcome enough — it means my G2 Hero Megatron toy won’t look exactly like
> > > Blitzwing.
> > Good gravy. There is a LOT of complaining online right now about the fact that this toy exists.
> >
> > Apparently it's much too accurate to G1, far too authentic, and much, much too close to the cartoon model. Suddenly, everybody is infuriated about Blitzwing having a visible jet cockpit in tank mode. It's like the thing with Masterpiece Ultra Magnus' red front bumper, only like twenty times worse. Suddenly, being able to see the jet cockpit is, like, the most unforgivable affront in history. For 37 years, nobody cared that Blitzwing was transformed wrong in the cartoon, and now suddenly everyone's become a Diaclone expert and is incensed that Blitzwing is turned 'round the wrong way for G1.. How DARE they.
> >
> > (What the hell are people doing to do when they also discover that you can still see Astrotrain's space shuttle thrusters when he's in train mode?! There's going to be rioting in Rhode Island!)
> >
> > Fans are saying the Titans Return toy is better. That the Generations toy from 2014 is better. That the Animated toy is better. That literally any version of Blitzwing is better than this apparent abomination. Well, then, that's good, right? All these fans already have a Blitzwing toy that makes them happy. I'll finally get the one I always wanted, and then everybody wins.
> >
> > And there's also the usual complaining about how he's a Voyager-class toy who comes with Hulk hands to try to justify the Leader-class price point.. But I expected that.
> >
> > If everybody is so angry about this toy, the obvious solution is to just not buy it. Which means I shouldn't have any trouble finding it at retail, so that's good.
> >

> > Zob (I mean, I haven't thought of the fandom collectively as being a bunch of big, whiny babies in a really long time, but... wow)
> Wow. Even reading this exhausted me, Zob. If fans are this enraged by something like this now ... what would they have made of stuff like the G2 GoBots back in 1995?
>
> We're spoiled beyond measure, truly.
>
> - Joseph

I have a feeling a lot of people will be impressed by 3rd party offerings, like MechFansToys
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=537411311287245&set=pcb.537411384620571

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<d7197d03-4512-4044-ab8b-ed464c91fe69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5752&group=alt.toys.transformers#5752

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 22:01:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 05:01 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 3:22:34 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:

> And, of course, The Transformers: the Movie, in which Kup stomps all over his tank-mode jet cockpit so he could
> stop Blitzwing from shooting Daniel and Hot Rod.

I was kinda hoping the Leader Blitzwing would scale enough that Kupworthy Kup could pose atop, tugging the turret. But it looks like short of a core class Kup that ain't gonna happen.

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 7:07:13 AM UTC-7, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
> I don't know what the giant red hands are from. I feel like I should know, but it's not ringing any bells.

Maybe they're build-a-figure parts of a stealth release Halonix Maximus. Or maybe they're Menasor's. They do seem totally unrelated and unconnected in any way to the figure they come with. Well Legacy Leader G2 Prime and Galvatron have been spotted at retail so we will know soon enough if any other odd add-ons come with those.

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<b01cda4e-340f-408c-bc16-6e5d5a109ff6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5770&group=alt.toys.transformers#5770

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 05:55:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: dpdli...@gmail.com (Marshall)
 by: Marshall - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 12:55 UTC

On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 6:22:34 PM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:
> On Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 9:02:28 AM UTC-6, Marshall wrote:
>
> > I dont usually have an issue with kibble, but the cockpit sticks a good inch out in front of the tank and the amount of undercarriage garbage on the jet is ridiculous.
> It's not a very good tank, and not a very good jet, but it's a really good Blitzwing.
>
> I mean, it looks just like the character. That should be the goal. They absolutely didn't have to design the toy so that the jet cockpit pokes out like that in tank mode. But, it's part of the character's signature look. Heck, you don't even have to transform the G1 toy that way if you don't want to. The official look for the G1 version is backwards with respect to the Diaclone toy. But, somewhere along the way, somebody at Hasbro made a decision, or a mistake, and so we got the cockpit look. And I love that we're finally getting a Blitzwing toy that looks like himself.
>
> In fact, if you look closely... that's not even the SAME cockpit. It's a faux cockpit, put there specifically to make his tank mode more screen accurate. It was a deliberate design decision.
>
> It's not like this is a new thing, though. He's had the cockpit look since 1985. It was all over his G1 toy packaging, and the instructions, and in every cartoon episode in which he appeared. "The Golden Lagoon," "Triple Takeover," "Prime Target," all of it. And, of course, The Transformers: the Movie, in which Kup stomps all over his tank-mode jet cockpit so he could stop Blitzwing from shooting Daniel and Hot Rod. He even made it into the third season title sequence, so that's 25 more times we saw him, even after he was booted off the show.
>

> Zob (....)

Its not that the cockpit is in front under the turret, its that it sticks out in front of the tank. The fact that its a faux cockpit makes it even worse. Its very much NOT G1 accurate which kinda wrecks the purpose of having the cockpit there to begin with.

Re: Leader-Class Blitzwing Revealed

<fc441457-fe4c-454c-a09e-21ce9c30b33en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5810&group=alt.toys.transformers#5810

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 16:34:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 23:34 UTC

So I'm looking at the box

https://tformers.com/leaked-transformers-legacy-blitzwing-leader-class-box-images/45494/news.html

and the art shows the hulk hands on the tank mode mounted as missile batteries behind the turret. It looks pretty neat. If it were a green tank it would be reminiscent of a GI Joe tank...Wolverine I think? The one that came with the lady driver.