One Bell System - it used to work before they installed the Dimension!

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster Packaging

SubjectAuthor
* Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster PackagingZobovor
+* Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster PackagingGustavo Wombat
|`* Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster PackagingIrrellius Spamticon
| `- Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster PackagingZobovor
`* Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster PackagingEvil King Macrocranios
 `- Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster PackagingZobovor

1
Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster Packaging

<6c8b1474-b536-4eab-a5ac-a8d62fde93edn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5804&group=alt.toys.transformers#5804

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 20:49:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster Packaging
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 03:49 UTC

If this is authentic, we get a good look at the vehicle mode for the upcoming Commander-class Motormaster toy (or at least an artistic rendition of it):

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/04/08/possible-first-look-at-legacy-motormaster-shattered-glass-blaster-in-package-images-453252

An image of the truck mode doesn't tell us much about the robot mode or the Menasor configuration, alas. There's a Hasbro livestream coming up on Tuesday, so perhaps there will be some reveals then.

Zob (I have learned just now much I hate hanging curtain rods)

Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster Packaging

<t2r4nh$1l4r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5805&group=alt.toys.transformers#5805

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 05:14:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 05:14 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> If this is authentic, we get a good look at the vehicle mode for the
> upcoming Commander-class Motormaster toy (or at least an artistic rendition of it):
>

> https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/04/08/possible-first-look-at-legacy-motormaster-shattered-glass-blaster-in-package-images-453252

Loksikethe right type of truck, at least.

> An image of the truck mode doesn't tell us much about the robot mode or
> the Menasor configuration, alas. There's a Hasbro livestream coming up
> on Tuesday, so perhaps there will be some reveals then.
>

> Zob (I have learned just now much I hate hanging curtain rods)

Shattered Glass Blaster (Stattered Glasster?) looks very randomly Nemesis
Primey. I do like when the Nemesis pattern gets used on other toys. Which I
guess only happened once. Instantly recognizable but wildly inappropriate
color schemes please me — where the color scheme effectively overrides the
mold. Primal Prime, and red Lio Prime were great. I wish they had done some
lion toy in constructicon colors. Armada Demolishor in constructicon colors
was not quite wrong enough.

TFWiki has pictures of an e-Hobby Shattered Glasster that is a much lighter
gray, so hopefully that doesn’t happen. Big shadows make it hard to see.

(I thought the gimmick of Shattered Glass was to swap colors with an arch
nemesis more often than not. Which would have made a Blaster in Soundwave
colors, which would have been amusingly subtle)

Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster Packaging

<4e5a576e-89c9-4bad-b815-053486191b80n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5811&group=alt.toys.transformers#5811

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 16:39:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 23:39 UTC

> https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/04/08/possible-first-look-at-legacy-motormaster-shattered-glass-blaster-in-package-images-453252

That looks like the box of a big semi truck model or Hot Wheels set, not something that belongs in the action figure aisle. I am VERY VERY concerned about the lack of robot mode depiction on the front of the box. The commanders have always had robot mode art on the front. We're seeing half the real estate of the package here and no sign of the robot mode? Very, very odd.

Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster Packaging

<b1ad2230-9d5c-4852-9d17-456c83dd428cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5812&group=alt.toys.transformers#5812

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 16:52:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 23:52 UTC

On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 12:14:27 AM UTC-5, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:
> > If this is authentic, we get a good look at the vehicle mode for the
> > upcoming Commander-class Motormaster toy (or at least an artistic rendition of it):
> >

> > https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/04/08/possible-first-look-at-legacy-motormaster-shattered-glass-blaster-in-package-images-453252
> Loksikethe right type of truck, at least.
> > An image of the truck mode doesn't tell us much about the robot mode or
> > the Menasor configuration, alas. There's a Hasbro livestream coming up
> > on Tuesday, so perhaps there will be some reveals then.
> >

> > Zob (I have learned just now much I hate hanging curtain rods)
> >
> Shattered Glass Blaster (Stattered Glasster?) looks very randomly Nemesis
> Primey. I do like when the Nemesis pattern gets used on other toys. Which I
> guess only happened once. Instantly recognizable but wildly inappropriate
> color schemes please me — where the color scheme effectively overrides the
> mold. Primal Prime, and red Lio Prime were great. I wish they had done some
> lion toy in constructicon colors. Armada Demolishor in constructicon colors
> was not quite wrong enough.
>
> TFWiki has pictures of an e-Hobby Shattered Glasster that is a much lighter
> gray, so hopefully that doesn’t happen. Big shadows make it hard to see.
>
> (I thought the gimmick of Shattered Glass was to swap colors with an arch
> nemesis more often than not. Which would have made a Blaster in Soundwave
> colors, which would have been amusingly subtle)

So we should have used the Actionmaster colors for Blaster, like they did with Thundercracker......

We get a Red Rewind though, so there might be hope for a black one.

Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster Packaging

<dcb5533a-3f89-4c40-8f71-cd06660d7b14n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5815&group=alt.toys.transformers#5815

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 16:18:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 23:18 UTC

On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 5:39:50 PM UTC-6, evil.king.m...@gmail.com wrote:

> That looks like the box of a big semi truck model or Hot Wheels set, not something that belongs in the action figure aisle. I am VERY VERY concerned about the lack of robot mode depiction on the front of the box. The commanders have always had robot mode art on the front. We're seeing half the real estate of the package here and no sign of the robot mode? Very, very odd.

Well, it used to be that the toy was packaged in one mode (usually vehicle mode), and the artwork showed us what the other transformed mode looked like (usually robot mode). Of course, that was back when you could actually see the toy in the packaging.

The art we've gotten lately has not been consistent. Siege Skyfire and Earthrise Sky Lynx showed robot mode, but Kingdom Rodimus Prime had artwork of both robot and vehicle mode. The Legacy versions of G2 Optimus Prime and Galvatron show both transformations, since those are closed box and you can't see what's inside, but all the other Legacy toy packages I can find pictures of show the mode that the toy isn't packaged in.

I wonder if Motormaster was meant to have artwork of both modes, but somebody forgot to drop in that art asset when they designed the packaging. It would be consistent with the way they packaged Galvatron and G2 Laser Prime.

Zob (curiouser and curiouser)

Re: Leaked Images of Legacy Motormaster Packaging

<67f22ffb-edf9-45f5-a3fa-393cf1e29109n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5816&group=alt.toys.transformers#5816

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 16:20:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sun, 10 Apr 2022 23:20 UTC

On Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 5:52:25 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> We get a Red Rewind though, so there might be hope for a black one.

I hope they do some kind of Amazon-exclusive Blaster Spy Patrol that includes opaqe versions of Rewind and Eject, because I hate, hate, hate the translucent look.

Zob (toys should not be see-through unless they're the ghost of Obi-Wan or the ghost of Starscream)