Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:30:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "Toy Colors" Terrorsaur Redeco Images
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 01:30 UTC

There are pictures now of the Kingdom Terrorsaur redeco, meant to resemble the original release from 1996:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-target-exclusive-terrorsaur-redeco-in-toy-colours/46813/

I don't hate the look of the redeco version. At the same time, though, I'm not super nostalgic about the specific toy-based look for Terrorsaur. I'll probably skip this one, since the more CGI-accurate version is closer to I wanted in a Terrorsaur update. But, he exists.

I'm a little surprised they didn't do, like, Fractyl or Lazorbeak somebody instead. That's a little more of the type of deep cut we tend to get for these Beast Wars redeco toys. But, then you run into the embarrassing problem of Fractyl and Packrat not being even close to the same size. To me, they're supposed to share a certain symmetry.

Zob (or, a neo-BW version of Age of Extinction Strafe would have been interesting too)

Re: "Toy Colors" Terrorsaur Redeco Images

<t338ua$1val$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5823&group=alt.toys.transformers#5823

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: "Toy Colors" Terrorsaur Redeco Images
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 07:15:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 07:15 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> There are pictures now of the Kingdom Terrorsaur redeco, meant to
> resemble the original release from 1996:
>

> https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-look-at-target-exclusive-terrorsaur-redeco-in-toy-colours/46813/
>
> I don't hate the look of the redeco version. At the same time, though,
> I'm not super nostalgic about the specific toy-based look for Terrorsaur.
> I'll probably skip this one, since the more CGI-accurate version is
> closer to I wanted in a Terrorsaur update. But, he exists.
>
> I'm a little surprised they didn't do, like, Fractyl or Lazorbeak
> somebody instead. That's a little more of the type of deep cut we tend
> to get for these Beast Wars redeco toys. But, then you run into the
> embarrassing problem of Fractyl and Packrat not being even close to the
> same size. To me, they're supposed to share a certain symmetry.
>

> Zob (or, a neo-BW version of Age of Extinction Strafe would have been interesting too)

There was a Wal-Mart exclusive of BW Terrorsaur as Strafe. I really liked
it. I would have bought an homage to that. Or Fractyl. Or Laserbeak. Or
Swoop.

Re: "Toy Colors" Terrorsaur Redeco Images

<t35i37$1a7q$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5825&group=alt.toys.transformers#5825

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 21:04:30 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 04:04 UTC

On 4/11/2022 6:30 PM, Zobovor wrote:
> Lazorbeak somebody instead

Yes, Hydra from Beast Wars Neo was basically just Lazorbeak with some
better paint apps. He guest starred in a couple of episodes. I'd buy
that recolor if they would make it.