Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 18:49:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Official Images for Legacy Wildrider and Blitzwing
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 01:49 UTC

Blitzwing leaked several weeks ago, but to my knowledge this official reveal is the first time we've seen any images of Wildrider:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/legacy-wild-rider-revealed-blitzwing-revealed-to-have-41-steps-from-robot-to-tank-mode/46816/

Wildrider honestly looks great. Very cartoon-inspired. So much better than the Combiner Wars version. In fact, I like that they're revealing him so early, almost as if to say, "Don't worry, he's part of the team this time! None of that Stunticon Offroad nonsense!"

And I love that he's got the spikes on the sides of his head. It's so integral to the character's animated look. The head sculpt is so perfect.

His Ferrari mode looks great, too. It's one of the best-looking cars ever.

And Blitzwing is, well... he's still Blitzwing. The most controversial thing about him has been the jet nose poking out in tank mode, but that's been a thing since 1985. I honestly don't know where all these fans have been for the last 37 years.

What's actually bugging me a little bit more is the huge amount of tank kibble underneath the jet-mode wings. I mean, that's a huge chunk of tank tread. Yes, the G1 version of Blitzwing had a lot of stuff under the wings, too, but it was more streamlined. There was some logic to it. This is kind of a tanky, tready mess.

But, I do like how the Hulk hands actually plug into the tank mode and become additional artillery cannons. That's super cool.

I do believe there's a Hasbro livesteam scheduled for tomorrow, so I think we can probably expect to see these two toys featured in some capacity.

Zob (you never realize how many framed pictures you have until you've taken them all off the walls and stuffed them into boxes)