If puns were deli meat, this would be the wurst.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!

SubjectAuthor
* Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!Zobovor
`* Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!Irrellius Spamticon
 +* Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas,Gustavo Wombat
 |`- Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!Zobovor
 `* Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!Zobovor
  `* Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas,Gustavo Wombat
   +- Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!Irrellius Spamticon
   `* Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!Zobovor
    `- Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas,Gustavo Wombat

1
Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!

<84360cd4-96dd-4a64-99d7-062a1b951ebfn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5824&group=alt.toys.transformers#5824

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 12:28:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Legacy_Reveals—Tarantulas,_Jhiaxus,_More!
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 12 Apr 2022 19:28 UTC

The Hasbro livestream today revealed a bunch of toys, including some whose images haven't leaked yet!

Tarantulas will finish off the first-season Predacons from Beast Wars, and includes articulated spider legs and a weapon that pays tribute to his Transmetal form. He looks great.

Elita One is... interesting. Better than an Arcee redeco (Netflix), and much better than a Starscream redeco (PotP). Her robot mode looks great. Her car mode looks a little less great, but at least it's not a stretch limo. You can tell they made a solid effort this time.

Jhiaxus is better than I was expecting. Very close to his Marvel Comics look. His space jet mode is a little weird, but honestly, considering his design was completely made-up, with little or no regard for how he would actually transform, it's a small miracle that he looks as good as he does.

Motormaster is very impressive. The can transforms into the robot, while the trailer unfolds into a battle station. As expected, the reason Drag Strip can split in half is for the combiner mode. The Menasor configuration is extremely cartoon accurate! Just about the only thing I don't love is the weird knees on Motormaster. They're a bit of a train wreck. But, overall he's really good looking.

There's also a Studio Series redeco of Jazz as Prime Knockout, for some reason, and a Shattered Glass version of Siege Ultra Magnus. And they're bringing back Siege Soundwave without battle damage deco.

These toys, except Soundwave, are on Hasbro Pulse, BBTS, Entertainment Earth, etc.

Zob (hates posting on mobile)

Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!

<c8edfabf-b4e6-446e-b5d6-6a24492facb6n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5826&group=alt.toys.transformers#5826

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 05:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Legacy_Reveals—Tarantulas,_Jhiaxus,_More!
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 12:18 UTC

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 2:28:35 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> The Hasbro livestream today revealed a bunch of toys, including some whose images haven't leaked yet!
>
> Tarantulas will finish off the first-season Predacons from Beast Wars, and includes articulated spider legs and a weapon that pays tribute to his Transmetal form. He looks great.
>
> Elita One is... interesting. Better than an Arcee redeco (Netflix), and much better than a Starscream redeco (PotP). Her robot mode looks great. Her car mode looks a little less great, but at least it's not a stretch limo. You can tell they made a solid effort this time.

Fake robot forehead on her roof? I'm moderately impressed

> Jhiaxus is better than I was expecting. Very close to his Marvel Comics look. His space jet mode is a little weird, but honestly, considering his design was completely made-up, with little or no regard for how he would actually transform, it's a small miracle that he looks as good as he does.

Batwings, are those the comic style?

> Motormaster is very impressive. The can transforms into the robot, while the trailer unfolds into a battle station. As expected, the reason Drag Strip can split in half is for the combiner mode. The Menasor configuration is extremely cartoon accurate! Just about the only thing I don't love is the weird knees on Motormaster. They're a bit of a train wreck. But, overall he's really good looking.

Menasor looks fine to me without the cars attached. He's not a combiner so much as the Stunticons are minicons plugging in to different types of ports..

> There's also a Studio Series redeco of Jazz as Prime Knockout, for some reason, and a Shattered Glass version of Siege Ultra Magnus. And they're bringing back Siege Soundwave without battle damage deco.

Knock Out at least has some decent remolding, though for some reason I expected more. He looks nice, he really does, but they had a high bar to clear and this gets close, but I don't know if it clears the bar or just barely hits it.

> These toys, except Soundwave, are on Hasbro Pulse, BBTS, Entertainment Earth, etc.
>

> Zob (hates posting on mobile)
I still can't post on mobile or I would have yesterday

Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!

<t37mis$85n$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5827&group=alt.toys.transformers#5827

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas,
Jhiaxus, More!
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 23:32:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 23:32 UTC

Irrellius Spamticon <Ob1kenoby@att.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 2:28:35 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
>> The Hasbro livestream today revealed a bunch of toys, including some
>> whose images haven't leaked yet!
>>
>> Tarantulas will finish off the first-season Predacons from Beast Wars,
>> and includes articulated spider legs and a weapon that pays tribute to
>> his Transmetal form. He looks great.
>>
>> Elita One is... interesting. Better than an Arcee redeco (Netflix), and
>> much better than a Starscream redeco (PotP). Her robot mode looks great.
>> Her car mode looks a little less great, but at least it's not a stretch
>> limo. You can tell they made a solid effort this time.
>
> Fake robot forehead on her roof? I'm moderately impressed

Does she have that in the cartoon? Could have been less accurate.

>> Jhiaxus is better than I was expecting. Very close to his Marvel Comics
>> look. His space jet mode is a little weird, but honestly, considering
>> his design was completely made-up, with little or no regard for how he
>> would actually transform, it's a small miracle that he looks as good as he does.
>>

> Batwings, are those the comic style?
>
>> Motormaster is very impressive. The can transforms into the robot, while
>> the trailer unfolds into a battle station. As expected, the reason Drag
>> Strip can split in half is for the combiner mode. The Menasor
>> configuration is extremely cartoon accurate! Just about the only thing I
>> don't love is the weird knees on Motormaster. They're a bit of a train
>> wreck. But, overall he's really good looking.
>>

> Menasor looks fine to me without the cars attached. He's not a combiner
> so much as the Stunticons are minicons plugging in to different types of ports.

From some different pictures somewhere, looks like the knees might use
Combiner Wars connectors. If accurate, it would be very cool if they did
something similar with the arms.

>> There's also a Studio Series redeco of Jazz as Prime Knockout, for some
>> reason, and a Shattered Glass version of Siege Ultra Magnus. And they're
>> bringing back Siege Soundwave without battle damage deco.
>>

> Knock Out at least has some decent remolding, though for some reason I
> expected more. He looks nice, he really does, but they had a high bar to
> clear and this gets close, but I don't know if it clears the bar or just barely hits it.

Knock Out should have a hood down design, not a hood out. Doesn’t look like
the character at all to me. The window arms from his design are also gone,
but that’s a good thing as it makes for a better toy.

I don’t like the mold because of the fragile windshield and Jazz had three
different whites.

>> These toys, except Soundwave, are on Hasbro Pulse, BBTS, Entertainment Earth, etc.
>>

>> Zob (hates posting on mobile)
> I still can't post on mobile or I would have yesterday

Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!

<4d5443b1-f2f9-4867-8be9-a45c33150da7n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5828&group=alt.toys.transformers#5828

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 19:16:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 02:16 UTC

On Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at 6:18:47 AM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> Fake robot forehead on her roof? I'm moderately impressed

Yeah, in the livestream they showed how it can pop off. I'm fine with that, since it's an important part of her look in vehicle mode. And I guess she's a pretool of Minerva, which is probably one of the reasons why she has an alternate transformation and the wheels can be positioned up over the shoulders.

> Batwings, are those the comic style?

Yeah, he totally had the bat wings in the G2 comics. He needs bigger guns, though. Great, big, huge, 1990's Derek Yaniger guns.

> Menasor looks fine to me without the cars attached. He's not a combiner so much as the Stunticons are minicons plugging in to different types of ports.

I mean, that's honestly kind of how Menasor did it in the G1 cartoon. Motormaster just transformed into the Menasor body and then the cars latched in place. I never thought I would ever see Hasbro reproduce this in toy form, but here we are!

> Knock Out at least has some decent remolding, though for some reason I expected more. He looks nice, he really does, but they had a high bar to clear and this gets close, but I don't know if it clears the bar or just barely hits it.

I don't know who was asking for non-G1 characters to be reimagined as G1-style characters. I have never heard any facet of the fandom anywhere demanding this. And yet for some reason it seems to be what Hasbro thinks the fandom wants. It's such a strange approach. Rachel Fleming said something about how fans had been asking for the G1 aesthetic to be applied to characters from other continuities. Like, who? Seriously, who wanted this?

> I still can't post on mobile or I would have yesterday

I have to switch to desktop mode before I can even post. It's quite annoying.

Zob (got my third Pizza Monster in the mail today, because conspicuous consumption is the name of the game)

Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!

<c5b51efd-1b4e-4bbe-b9b5-f0da836a430en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5829&group=alt.toys.transformers#5829

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 19:19:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 02:19 UTC

On Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at 5:32:46 PM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> From some different pictures somewhere, looks like the knees might use
> Combiner Wars connectors. If accurate, it would be very cool if they did
> something similar with the arms.

Somebody on Reddit pointed that out. It would be a cool bit of retro-compatibility. Or, maybe they're just reusing the same shape of Combiner Wars connector pegs, but in a different, non-Scramble City way. Either seems possible.

> I don’t like the mold because of the fragile windshield and Jazz had three
> different whites.

It's my favorite Jazz mold. I'm just extra careful with it. Same with Jackpot.

Zob (Björk is my jam right now)

Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!

<t38fpb$1ebi$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5830&group=alt.toys.transformers#5830

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Jhiaxus, More!
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 06:42:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 06:42 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at 6:18:47 AM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
>
>> Fake robot forehead on her roof? I'm moderately impressed
>
> Yeah, in the livestream they showed how it can pop off. I'm fine with
> that, since it's an important part of her look in vehicle mode. And I
> guess she's a pretool of Minerva, which is probably one of the reasons
> why she has an alternate transformation and the wheels can be positioned
> up over the shoulders.
>
>> Batwings, are those the comic style?
>
> Yeah, he totally had the bat wings in the G2 comics. He needs bigger
> guns, though. Great, big, huge, 1990's Derek Yaniger guns.
>
>> Menasor looks fine to me without the cars attached. He's not a combiner
>> so much as the Stunticons are minicons plugging in to different types of ports.
>
> I mean, that's honestly kind of how Menasor did it in the G1 cartoon.
> Motormaster just transformed into the Menasor body and then the cars
> latched in place. I never thought I would ever see Hasbro reproduce this
> in toy form, but here we are!
>
>> Knock Out at least has some decent remolding, though for some reason I
>> expected more. He looks nice, he really does, but they had a high bar to
>> clear and this gets close, but I don't know if it clears the bar or just barely hits it.
>
> I don't know who was asking for non-G1 characters to be reimagined as
> G1-style characters. I have never heard any facet of the fandom anywhere
> demanding this. And yet for some reason it seems to be what Hasbro
> thinks the fandom wants. It's such a strange approach. Rachel Fleming
> said something about how fans had been asking for the G1 aesthetic to be
> applied to characters from other continuities. Like, who? Seriously, who wanted this?

Me. Look at what they did with Lugnut a decade ago.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:TF2010toy-Lugnut.jpg

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Unitedtoy-Lugnut.jpg

He’s perfect, if a bit too Movieverse. Lockdown was not as successful.

There are lots of characters I would like to see redone in a way that lets
them interact better with my Generations toys. Animated and Prime Megatrons
leap to mind, Animated Bulkhead, Animated Ultra Magnus, Animated Swoop
(they figured out the wings!), Energon Hot Shot and —um— Inferno (really,
any pair), Movie Ravage, Movie Barricade (not the weird Prowl mold mate,
give him some spikes, just not as many), a DOTM Wrecker, Armada Demolishor
and Cyclonus…, PrimeRID Thunderhoof, PrimeRID Starscream and seekers,…
Animated Omega Supreme

And there are other toys that fit the Generations look, because Cybertron
and Energon basically did, but which haven’t had an update and are worthy.
Energon Skorponok, to give us a medium sized scorpion. Cybertron Scourge,
Cybertron Vector Prime…

Lots of stuff that could be done well rather than redecos of other toys
with different heads. Clearly Bulkhead is someone else, as he doesn’t look
like Bulkhead (legs are way too long, and he has no curves… but he
resembles the new movie toys of Optimus)

Upscale the rest of TF:Prime Abominus, and reissue the two previously
upscaled components. Clean up the noses.

>> I still can't post on mobile or I would have yesterday
>
> I have to switch to desktop mode before I can even post. It's quite annoying.
>

> Zob (got my third Pizza Monster in the mail today, because conspicuous
> consumption is the name of the game)

Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!

<8a2ca670-1fd7-4eb6-b958-41da2240bf63n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5832&group=alt.toys.transformers#5832

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 05:18:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 12:18 UTC

On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 1:42:55 AM UTC-5, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at 6:18:47 AM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
> >
> >> Fake robot forehead on her roof? I'm moderately impressed
> >
> > Yeah, in the livestream they showed how it can pop off. I'm fine with
> > that, since it's an important part of her look in vehicle mode. And I
> > guess she's a pretool of Minerva, which is probably one of the reasons
> > why she has an alternate transformation and the wheels can be positioned
> > up over the shoulders.
> >
> >> Batwings, are those the comic style?
> >
> > Yeah, he totally had the bat wings in the G2 comics. He needs bigger
> > guns, though. Great, big, huge, 1990's Derek Yaniger guns.
> >
> >> Menasor looks fine to me without the cars attached. He's not a combiner
> >> so much as the Stunticons are minicons plugging in to different types of ports.
> >
> > I mean, that's honestly kind of how Menasor did it in the G1 cartoon.
> > Motormaster just transformed into the Menasor body and then the cars
> > latched in place. I never thought I would ever see Hasbro reproduce this
> > in toy form, but here we are!
> >
> >> Knock Out at least has some decent remolding, though for some reason I
> >> expected more. He looks nice, he really does, but they had a high bar to
> >> clear and this gets close, but I don't know if it clears the bar or just barely hits it.
> >
> > I don't know who was asking for non-G1 characters to be reimagined as
> > G1-style characters. I have never heard any facet of the fandom anywhere
> > demanding this. And yet for some reason it seems to be what Hasbro
> > thinks the fandom wants. It's such a strange approach. Rachel Fleming
> > said something about how fans had been asking for the G1 aesthetic to be
> > applied to characters from other continuities. Like, who? Seriously, who wanted this?
> Me. Look at what they did with Lugnut a decade ago.
>
> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:TF2010toy-Lugnut.jpg
>
> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Unitedtoy-Lugnut.jpg
>
> He’s perfect, if a bit too Movieverse. Lockdown was not as successful.

That Lugnut was amazing. They didn't blow it out of the park so much as they blew up the park with that one.

> There are lots of characters I would like to see redone in a way that lets
> them interact better with my Generations toys. Animated and Prime Megatrons
> leap to mind, Animated Bulkhead, Animated Ultra Magnus, Animated Swoop
> (they figured out the wings!), Energon Hot Shot and —um— Inferno (really,
> any pair), Movie Ravage, Movie Barricade (not the weird Prowl mold mate,
> give him some spikes, just not as many), a DOTM Wrecker, Armada Demolishor
> and Cyclonus…, PrimeRID Thunderhoof, PrimeRID Starscream and seekers,…
> Animated Omega Supreme

The G1 Movie Barricade so far to me is either his TLK form or his Authentics for kids 4 and up toy, that's a little sad and I want a real try at him having his own body. Same with Movie Blackout and Bonecrusher. Even if we just get the dumb Grindor name, I want a big military helicopter. Of course they ould just repaint it as wrong-whirl and Armada Cyclonus.

> And there are other toys that fit the Generations look, because Cybertron
> and Energon basically did, but which haven’t had an update and are worthy.
> Energon Skorponok, to give us a medium sized scorpion. Cybertron Scourge,
> Cybertron Vector Prime…

Vector Prime would be cool. For a minute I thought they redid Vector Prime, but that was just a custom repaint of TR Alpha Trion, and if Hasbro had given us that it would hae been better than the nothing they gave us.

> Lots of stuff that could be done well rather than redecos of other toys
> with different heads. Clearly Bulkhead is someone else, as he doesn’t look
> like Bulkhead (legs are way too long, and he has no curves… but he
> resembles the new movie toys of Optimus)
>
> Upscale the rest of TF:Prime Abominus, and reissue the two previously
> upscaled components. Clean up the noses.
> >> I still can't post on mobile or I would have yesterday
> >
> > I have to switch to desktop mode before I can even post. It's quite annoying.

I don't have a desktop mode option, they took that away more than a year ago for mine.

> > Zob (got my third Pizza Monster in the mail today, because conspicuous
> > consumption is the name of the game)

Target is so full of Pizza Monsters and Metalheads we didn't bother to order them. Though we have been getting a large influx of Super Shredders and the Shredder/Splinter 2pack, even though we didn't order them.

Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!

<c4ef9e04-1e7b-4bfd-8c0e-2ca20ac94393n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5835&group=alt.toys.transformers#5835

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 09:02:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 16:02 UTC

On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 12:42:55 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> There are lots of characters I would like to see redone in a way that lets
> them interact better with my Generations toys. Animated and Prime Megatrons
> leap to mind, Animated Bulkhead, Animated Ultra Magnus, Animated Swoop
> (they figured out the wings!), Energon Hot Shot and —um— Inferno (really,
> any pair), Movie Ravage, Movie Barricade (not the weird Prowl mold mate,
> give him some spikes, just not as many), a DOTM Wrecker, Armada Demolishor
> and Cyclonus…, PrimeRID Thunderhoof, PrimeRID Starscream and seekers,…
> Animated Omega Supreme

I thought Transformers: Animated had a very specific style and aesthetic. If you take the Animated versions of Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Swoop, etc. and run them through a G1 filter... don't you just get G1 Prime and Magnus and Swoop?

I think that if I was a big fan of Animated, I would detest the idea of reworking them to fit the G1 aesthetic. That's not how the characters look. The whole point of Animated, I thought, was to take the existing characters and do stylized versions of them. And, as I've said, eliminating that aesthetic almost immediately after Derrick J. Wyatt's death seems like an exercise in really bad form. They should be celebrating his contribution, not trying to minimize it.

I mean, as a thought exercise, I think it's interesting. I saw a YouTuber video yesterday where they took a scene from Star Trek: the Next Generation and animated it as if it had been an episode of the 1970's cartoon version of Star Trek. That was neat. But that doesn't mean I want a full toy line of Next Generation action figures that look that way.

> Energon Skorponok, to give us a medium sized scorpion.

I still really, really want a normal-sized Scorponok to represent the Marvel Comics version, who was just the same size as a normal Transformer. The third-party Lord Scorpion toy by Iron Factory is on my to-get list, if Hasbro doesn't come up with an official one soon.

Zob ("Kuu... did I... do... good?" is a bit more moving than "AUTOBOTS DIEEEEEE!")

Re: Legacy Reveals—Tarantulas, Jhiaxus, More!

<t3gi4l$1t6l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5839&group=alt.toys.transformers#5839

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Jhiaxus, More!
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 08:12:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 08:12 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 12:42:55 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the
> Seattle Wombats wrote:
>
>> There are lots of characters I would like to see redone in a way that lets
>> them interact better with my Generations toys. Animated and Prime Megatrons
>> leap to mind, Animated Bulkhead, Animated Ultra Magnus, Animated Swoop
>> (they figured out the wings!), Energon Hot Shot and —um— Inferno (really,
>> any pair), Movie Ravage, Movie Barricade (not the weird Prowl mold mate,
>> give him some spikes, just not as many), a DOTM Wrecker, Armada Demolishor
>> and Cyclonus…, PrimeRID Thunderhoof, PrimeRID Starscream and seekers,…
>> Animated Omega Supreme
>
> I thought Transformers: Animated had a very specific style and aesthetic.
> If you take the Animated versions of Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Swoop,
> etc. and run them through a G1 filter... don't you just get G1 Prime and
> Magnus and Swoop?

Animated Optimus would just become Optimus. Not worth doing.

Ultra Magnus and Swoop are such complete departures that they would remain
very different, just as Lugnut did. Prowl, Megatron, Shockwave, all
different.

And lots of new characters like Oil Slick, Lugnut, Sentinel Prime, etc.

(And Animated Swoop has remold potential as BM Silverbolt — tall, lanky
robot with non-prominent wings and a tall head becomes flying beast)

> I think that if I was a big fan of Animated, I would detest the idea of
> reworking them to fit the G1 aesthetic. That's not how the characters
> look. The whole point of Animated, I thought, was to take the existing
> characters and do stylized versions of them. And, as I've said,
> eliminating that aesthetic almost immediately after Derrick J. Wyatt's
> death seems like an exercise in really bad form. They should be
> celebrating his contribution, not trying to minimize it.

I think I would like it more if they were closer to the original design, a
blending of G1 and Animated. If you look at G1 and NeoG1 over the years,
sometimes there is a lot more detail than others and different looks go in
and out of fashion.

A G1ified Animated toy should not have greebles. Except for Lockdown.
Proportions wouldn’t quite be G1 standard , as the characters had most
distinctive looks. Part of why Legacy Bulkhead doesn’t work is that they
took a very distinctively shaped robot (short legs, big round torso, large
gorilla arms) and just ignored all of that.

Pull Wyatt’s creations into a space where they can be enjoyed fresh. Stay
away from the characters where he had minimal contribution other than just
a few stronger lines and broader shoulders)

Also, for most people who loved it, the point of Animated was to tell a
good story. Arguably, Wyatt’s designs detracted from that somewhat at
first.