From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films, rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: [NEWS] James Cameron Has Ideas for Avatar 6 and 7
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2024 09:39:12 +1300
 by: Your Name - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 20:39 UTC

James Cameron ... the new George Lucas. ;-)

James Cameron Has Ideas for Avatar 6 and 7,
May Be 'Handing the Baton' to Another Filmmaker
James Cameron already has ideas for Avatar 6 and Avatar 7,
though he may be handing over the franchise to somebody
else at that point.

Speaking with Collider, Cameron gave an update about the
future of the Avatar franchise.

"We're fully written through movie five, and I've got
ideas for six and seven, although I'll probably be handing
the baton on at that point," he said. "I mean, mortality
catches up. But I mean, we're enjoying what we're doing.
We're loving it. We get to work with great people."

Avatar 3 is currently in post-production

The first Avatar movie debuted in United States theaters in
December 2009. The sequel, Avatar: The Way of Water,
followed in December 2022, while Avatar 3 is currently in
post-production.

Avatar 3 will star Sam Worthington as Jake Sully, Zoe
Saldana as Neytiri, Sigourney Weaver as Kiri, Stephen Lang
as Colonel Miles Quaritch, Giovanni Ribisi as Parker
Selfridge, Kate Winselt as Ronal, Cliff Curtis as Tonowari,
Joel David Moore as Dr. Norm Spellman, Edie Falco as General
Frances Ardmore, Britain Dalton as Lo'ak, Trinity Jo-Li
Bliss as Tuk, Jack Champion as Spider, and Jemaine Clement
as Dr. Ian Garvin.

Cameron told Variety in January 2023 that Avatar 3 will
introduce a new clan on Pandora called the "Ash People." He
said the movie will explore "different cultures from those
I have already shown. The fire will be represented by the
'Ash People.' I want to show the Na'vi from another angle
because, so far, I have only shown their good sides."

He added, "In the early films, there are very negative human
examples and very positive Na'vi examples. In Avatar 3, we
will do the opposite. We will also explore new worlds, while
continuing the story of the main characters. I can say that
the last parts will be the best. The others were an
introduction, a way to set the table before serving the
meal."

Avatar 3 is currently scheduled to release on December 19,
2025. Avatar 4 follows on December 21, 2029, with Avatar 5
then coming on December 19, 2031.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1525166-james-cameron-has-ideas-for-avatar-6-and-7-may-be-handing-the-baton-to-another-filmmaker>

Re: [NEWS] James Cameron Has Ideas for Avatar 6 and 7

<7un4sitesq9dks4fbhj89n60husl0p7rh9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=586&group=rec.arts.sf.movies#586

From: psper...@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.sf.movies
Subject: Re: [NEWS] James Cameron Has Ideas for Avatar 6 and 7
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 08:36:27 -0800
 by: Paul S Person - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 16:36 UTC

On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 09:39:12 +1300, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

>James Cameron ... the new George Lucas. ;-)
>

> James Cameron Has Ideas for Avatar 6 and 7,
> May Be 'Handing the Baton' to Another Filmmaker
> James Cameron already has ideas for Avatar 6 and Avatar 7,
> though he may be handing over the franchise to somebody
> else at that point.
>
> Speaking with Collider, Cameron gave an update about the
> future of the Avatar franchise.
>
> "We're fully written through movie five, and I've got
> ideas for six and seven, although I'll probably be handing
> the baton on at that point," he said. "I mean, mortality
> catches up. But I mean, we're enjoying what we're doing.
> We're loving it. We get to work with great people."
>
> Avatar 3 is currently in post-production
>
> The first Avatar movie debuted in United States theaters in
> December 2009. The sequel, Avatar: The Way of Water,
> followed in December 2022, while Avatar 3 is currently in
> post-production.
>
> Avatar 3 will star Sam Worthington as Jake Sully, Zoe
> Saldana as Neytiri, Sigourney Weaver as Kiri, Stephen Lang
> as Colonel Miles Quaritch, Giovanni Ribisi as Parker
> Selfridge, Kate Winselt as Ronal, Cliff Curtis as Tonowari,
> Joel David Moore as Dr. Norm Spellman, Edie Falco as General
> Frances Ardmore, Britain Dalton as Lo'ak, Trinity Jo-Li
> Bliss as Tuk, Jack Champion as Spider, and Jemaine Clement
> as Dr. Ian Garvin.
>
> Cameron told Variety in January 2023 that Avatar 3 will
> introduce a new clan on Pandora called the "Ash People." He
> said the movie will explore "different cultures from those
> I have already shown. The fire will be represented by the
> 'Ash People.' I want to show the Na'vi from another angle
> because, so far, I have only shown their good sides."
>
> He added, "In the early films, there are very negative human
> examples and very positive Na'vi examples. In Avatar 3, we
> will do the opposite. We will also explore new worlds, while
> continuing the story of the main characters. I can say that
> the last parts will be the best. The others were an
> introduction, a way to set the table before serving the
> meal."
>
> Avatar 3 is currently scheduled to release on December 19,
> 2025. Avatar 4 follows on December 21, 2029, with Avatar 5
> then coming on December 19, 2031.
>

><https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1525166-james-cameron-has-ideas-for-avatar-6-and-7-may-be-handing-the-baton-to-another-filmmaker>

The only sequel I am interested in is the one where the makers of the
Na'vi and their planet, having discovered the devestation to their
computer caused in the first film, trace the perps to Earth and demand
reparations.
--
"Here lies the Tuscan poet Aretino,
Who evil spoke of everyone but God,