From listening comes wisdom and from speaking repentance.

arts / alt.history.what-if / Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby Timeline

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby TimelineWolfBear
+* Re: Johnny Pez???s The Drowned Baby TimelineRobert Woodward
|`- Re: Johnny Pez???s The Drowned Baby TimelineRobert Woodward
+- Re: Johnny Pez?s The Drowned Baby TimelineThe Horny Goat
`* Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby Timelineedstas...@gmail.com
 `* Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby TimelineGraham Truesdale
  `* Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby Timelineedstas...@gmail.com
   `- Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby TimelineGraham Truesdale

1
Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby Timeline

<23b8cedc-74dc-4d0e-bf0b-ad807289eccdn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5860&group=alt.history.what-if#5860

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 16:35:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Johnny_Pez’s_The_Drowned_Baby_Timeline
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Mon, 5 Apr 2021 23:35 UTC

On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 1:23:36 PM UTC-7, edstas...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ernst Röhm came up on another forum and I thought I’d post a link
> to Johnny Pez’s fantastic “Drowned Baby Timeline” but for some
> reason, neither Bing nor DuckDuckGo show the link anymore, I had
> to go to the Russian search engine Yandex to find it.
>
> What’s up with that?
>
> http://johnnypez9.blogspot.com/2009/07/drowned-baby-timeline.html

Seems fascinating! Looks like a lot of effort was put into making this TL! Literally a HUGE amount!

Know of any other similar fascinating TLs that involved a lot of effort?

Re: Johnny Pez???s The Drowned Baby Timeline

<robertaw-378EFE.22031905042021@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5866&group=alt.history.what-if#5866

From: rober...@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 22:03:20 -0700
 by: Robert Woodward - Tue, 6 Apr 2021 05:03 UTC

In article <23b8cedc-74dc-4d0e-bf0b-ad807289eccdn@googlegroups.com>,
WolfBear <m4josh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 1:23:36 PM UTC-7, edstas...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Ernst Röhm came up on another forum and I thought I’d post a link
> > to Johnny Pez’s fantastic “Drowned Baby Timeline” but for some
> > reason, neither Bing nor DuckDuckGo show the link anymore, I had
> > to go to the Russian search engine Yandex to find it.
> >
> > What’s up with that?
> >
> > http://johnnypez9.blogspot.com/2009/07/drowned-baby-timeline.html
>
> Seems fascinating! Looks like a lot of effort was put into making this TL!
> Literally a HUGE amount!
>
> Know of any other similar fascinating TLs that involved a lot of effort?

For All Nails (an expansion and extension of Richard Sobel's _For Want
of a Nail_), IIRC, there was also a parody time line.

Bronze Age New World - the Europeans encounter somewhat more
technologically advanced peoples (including a genuine Bronze Age
civilization in Mexico) c. 1500CE

Both of the above had multiple participants. The following 2 were
creations of one person only.

Decades of Darkness - a c. 1810 POD that results in New England (+New
York & New Jersey) seceding from the USA which stays a slave nation well
into the 20th century (basically a North American Draka-like empire).
There are considerable differences in European history as well.

Lands of Red and Gold - a center of civilization arises in the Murray
river valley of Australia c. 1000BCE. It was transitioning to Iron Age
at the time of Dutch contact in 1619CE.

Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com

Re: Johnny Pez?s The Drowned Baby Timeline

<r78p6gh9knu526g72ccpukbrus0nm125a4@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5868&group=alt.history.what-if#5868

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 10:57:52 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 6 Apr 2021 17:57 UTC

On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 16:35:30 -0700 (PDT), WolfBear <m4josh@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 1:23:36 PM UTC-7, edstas...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Ernst Röhm came up on another forum and I thought I’d post a link
>> to Johnny Pez’s fantastic “Drowned Baby Timeline” but for some
>> reason, neither Bing nor DuckDuckGo show the link anymore, I had
>> to go to the Russian search engine Yandex to find it.
>>
>> What’s up with that?
>>
>> http://johnnypez9.blogspot.com/2009/07/drowned-baby-timeline.html
>
>Seems fascinating! Looks like a lot of effort was put into making this TL! Literally a HUGE amount!
>
>Know of any other similar fascinating TLs that involved a lot of effort?

For All Time
For All Nails - those two just for starters

Re: Johnny Pez???s The Drowned Baby Timeline

<robertaw-D97D8C.21343106042021@news.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5871&group=alt.history.what-if#5871

From: rober...@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 21:34:32 -0700
 by: Robert Woodward - Wed, 7 Apr 2021 04:34 UTC

In article <robertaw-378EFE.22031905042021@news.individual.net>,
Robert Woodward <robertaw@drizzle.com> wrote:

> In article <23b8cedc-74dc-4d0e-bf0b-ad807289eccdn@googlegroups.com>,
> WolfBear <m4josh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 1:23:36 PM UTC-7, edstas...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Ernst Röhm came up on another forum and I thought I’d post a link
> > > to Johnny Pez’s fantastic “Drowned Baby Timeline” but for some
> > > reason, neither Bing nor DuckDuckGo show the link anymore, I had
> > > to go to the Russian search engine Yandex to find it.
> > >
> > > What’s up with that?
> > >
> > > http://johnnypez9.blogspot.com/2009/07/drowned-baby-timeline.html
> >
> > Seems fascinating! Looks like a lot of effort was put into making this TL!
> > Literally a HUGE amount!
> >
> > Know of any other similar fascinating TLs that involved a lot of effort?
>
> For All Nails (an expansion and extension of Richard Sobel's _For Want
> of a Nail_), IIRC, there was also a parody time line.

Oops, I misremembered; For All Nails was the parody time line - For All
Time was the expansion and extension

�-----------------------------------------------------
Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com

Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby Timeline

<25c420d4-c302-4eec-a28b-e69b054146afn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5962&group=alt.history.what-if#5962

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 08:38:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (edstas...@gmail.com)
 by: edstas...@gmail.com - Thu, 15 Apr 2021 15:38 UTC

> WolfBear
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > http://johnnypez9.blogspot.com/2009/07/drowned-baby-timeline.html
>
> Seems fascinating! Looks like a lot of effort was put into making this TL!
> Literally a HUGE amount!

It’s a great timeline and I remember back in the day on soc.history..what-if
when Johnny Pez was posting installments as he worked on it. I suggested
he fine tune it a bit and get it published.

> Know of any other similar fascinating TLs that involved a lot of effort?

Another cool old school timeline with multiple detailed installments from
s.h.w-i is “USA ISOT 1941” (I think that’s the right title?) where the modern
day U.S. under Dubya’s administration is transported back in time to 1941
but I doubt you can find it on Google Groups, as they stopped carrying
s.h.w-i (because of spammers using Gmail accounts…) and I don’t know
if the author ever saved it himself?

Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby Timeline

<b150b06d-69b0-4039-950a-eaf2c0503fb3n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5966&group=alt.history.what-if#5966

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 11:21:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: graham.t...@gmail.com (Graham Truesdale)
 by: Graham Truesdale - Thu, 15 Apr 2021 18:21 UTC

On Thursday, 15 April 2021 at 16:38:22 UTC+1, edstas...@gmail.com wrote:
> > WolfBear
> > > Ed Stasiak
> > >
> > > http://johnnypez9.blogspot.com/2009/07/drowned-baby-timeline.html
> >
> > Seems fascinating! Looks like a lot of effort was put into making this TL!
> > Literally a HUGE amount!
> It’s a great timeline and I remember back in the day on soc.history.what-if
> when Johnny Pez was posting installments as he worked on it. I suggested
> he fine tune it a bit and get it published.
> > Know of any other similar fascinating TLs that involved a lot of effort?
> Another cool old school timeline with multiple detailed installments from
> s.h.w-i is “USA ISOT 1941” (I think that’s the right title?) where the modern
> day U.S. under Dubya’s administration is transported back in time to 1941
> but I doubt you can find it on Google Groups, as they stopped carrying
> s.h.w-i (because of spammers using Gmail accounts…) and I don’t know
> if the author ever saved it himself?

See e.g. http://www.changingthetimes.net/samples/asb/isot_american_2002.htm

Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby Timeline

<c4b2643d-b98c-4444-bef2-9e353635a0b6n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5969&group=alt.history.what-if#5969

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 12:23:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: edstasia...@gmail.com (edstas...@gmail.com)
 by: edstas...@gmail.com - Thu, 15 Apr 2021 19:23 UTC

> Graham Truesdale
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > Another cool old school timeline with multiple detailed installments from
> > s.h.w-i is “USA ISOT 1941” (I think that’s the right title?) where the modern
> > day U.S. under Dubya’s administration is transported back in time to 1941
> > but I doubt you can find it on Google Groups, as they stopped carrying
> > s.h.w-i (because of spammers using Gmail accounts…) and I don’t know
> > if the author ever saved it himself?
> >
> See e.g. http://www.changingthetimes.net/samples/asb/isot_american_2002.htm

https://i.postimg.cc/63ZYPfYB/thanks-man.gif

Re: Johnny Pez’s The Drowned Baby Timeline

<9aab57d8-5628-48de-aeb8-967382001d0dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6043&group=alt.history.what-if#6043

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 15:34:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: graham.t...@gmail.com (Graham Truesdale)
 by: Graham Truesdale - Fri, 23 Apr 2021 22:34 UTC

See also https://gurps.fandom.com/wiki/USA_2002_in_1942_section_1
And if you want the comments on the last instalment, https://soc.history.what-if.narkive.com/hqyi6VTf/usa-2002-in-1942-isot-part-the-last