If one studies too zealously, one easily loses his pants. -- A. Einstein.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

SubjectAuthor
* Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexIrrellius Spamticon
+- Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexGustavo Wombat
+* Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexZobovor
|`- Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexGustavo Wombat
`* Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexTravoltron
 +- Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexNo One In Particular
 +* Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexZobovor
 |+- Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexTravoltron
 |`* Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexTravoltron
 | `- Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexZobovor
 +* Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexTravoltron
 |`- Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexZobovor
 `* Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexIrrellius Spamticon
  +- Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexMarshall
  `- Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron MetroplexGustavo Wombat

1
Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<7bd3be58-0454-41c3-b5c4-547bcd17150fn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5845&group=alt.toys.transformers#5845

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 18:19:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 01:19 UTC

So the pictures we have now his robot mode is so close to his Cybertron form, it seems to mostly be an upscaling, but then he has a different robot mode that is quite different, and then a bucket-wheel excavator mode again that is very faithful to the original, so this is largely an upscaling.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H14LP4G

Also BW Inferno makes a cameo on the box
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=553012179727158&set=a.266267198401659

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<t3nqq4$1glc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5846&group=alt.toys.transformers#5846

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 02:23:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 02:23 UTC

Irrellius Spamticon <Ob1kenoby@att.net> wrote:
> So the pictures we have now his robot mode is so close to his Cybertron
> form, it seems to mostly be an upscaling, but then he has a different
> robot mode that is quite different, and then a bucket-wheel excavator
> mode again that is very faithful to the original, so this is largely an upscaling.
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09H14LP4G

With his powerful weedwacker, and his Scottish accent… this is
Groundskeeper Willie.

> Also BW Inferno makes a cameo on the box
> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbidU3012179727158&set=a.266267198401659

My toy had the same problem with the legs.

Some part of me is hoping that Hasbro just trolls us for a few years,
including images of Inferno on box art, letting assortment listings leak
showing an Inferno, and giving us a wide assortment of other infernos.

We need Energon Inferno, for instance. And Armada Thrust’s minicon.

Eventually we can get the ant.

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<6bd10ec4-5f8e-4b2d-ad89-da083656318en@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5849&group=alt.toys.transformers#5849

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 16:22:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 23:22 UTC

On Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 7:19:10 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> So the pictures we have now his robot mode is so close to his Cybertron form, it seems to mostly be an upscaling, but then he has a different robot mode that is quite different, and then a bucket-wheel excavator mode again that is very faithful to the original, so this is largely an upscaling.

I hope people are excited about him. I know for a long time, people complained about the endless parade of G1 updates, so now we're getting a Titan-class toy that's definitely something different. And, for my personal collection, utterly inessential. Won't be getting it.

But, that's great, because it's $200 I can apply towards something else!

Zob (like IKEA shelves for my new display room)

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<t3tgfv$3eo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5853&group=alt.toys.transformers#5853

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 06:03:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 06:03 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 19, 2022 at 7:19:10 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
>
>> So the pictures we have now his robot mode is so close to his Cybertron
>> form, it seems to mostly be an upscaling, but then he has a different
>> robot mode that is quite different, and then a bucket-wheel excavator
>> mode again that is very faithful to the original, so this is largely an upscaling.

> I hope people are excited about him. I know for a long time, people
> complained about the endless parade of G1 updates, so now we're getting a
> Titan-class toy that's definitely something different.

He does look better than the original Cybertron Metroplex, but he wasn’t
really much of a character on the show. And I love that his weapon splits
apart to become replacement hands for his “work” mode. So, an improvement,
but not something I’ve been craving. I did order it though.

I want some Armada love (the simple Armada designs might be perfect for the
Core Class, actually, although it would mean no minicons), and would have
loved Tidal Wave. Energon Omega Supreme might have been fun. RID Brave Max
would have been a chance to revisit the Fort Max design. BM Megahead.

I wouldn’t have minded G1 Broadside. Sometimes he was animated quite large.

>And, for my personal collection, utterly inessential. Won't be getting it.
>
> But, that's great, because it's $200 I can apply towards something else!

Cocaine?

> Zob (like IKEA shelves for my new display room)

I suppose that’s good too.

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<t3vhkq$6gg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5860&group=alt.toys.transformers#5860

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 17:36:24 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 00:36 UTC

I don't know why this obscure character was chosen to return, let alone
as Titan class. It will not sell well and I hope that will not make
Hasbro draw incorrect assumptions that nobody wants Titans.

Here's some Titans they could do cheaply with existing molds.

Metroplex --> Metrotitan
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Metrotitan_(G1)

Fortress Maximus --> Brave Maximus
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Brave_Maximus

Omega Supreme -->
Guardian
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Guardian_robot
Dark Guardian
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Guardian

Trypticon --> Gigastorm
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gigastorm

And as for new molds, the Victory would make a good counterpart for The Ark:
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Victory_(G1)

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<t3vk1g$r4b$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5861&group=alt.toys.transformers#5861

From: briancan...@yahoo.com (No One In Particular)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 20:16:26 -0500
 by: No One In Particular - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 01:16 UTC

I fully expect to see that Guardian at some point, even if it a
convention exclusive or some such.

Brian

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<f81f1fa0-36df-44d7-a110-c5226cd89f0dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5862&group=alt.toys.transformers#5862

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 18:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 23 Apr 2022 01:55 UTC

On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 6:35:40 PM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:

> I don't know why this obscure character was chosen to return, let alone
> as Titan class. It will not sell well and I hope that will not make
> Hasbro draw incorrect assumptions that nobody wants Titans.

There is SO MUCH COMPLAINING online about the "perpetual G1 snorefest." That's why. But, ultimately, I guess it doesn't matter, because they've already done all the really important large-scale characters. If Cybertron Metroplex is a financial failure, the size class was already on its way out anyhow.
> Omega Supreme --> Guardian

Rumor has it this is already in development. Last I heard, Hasbro was just trying to figure out a distribution channel. It will probably end up being a Hasbro Pulse exclusive or something.

> And as for new molds, the Victory would make a good counterpart for The Ark

We know they're working on a Decepticon space cruiser. Hasbro said there was a hint on the Ark packaging as to which Titan was coming, and there's a space cruiser on the box. Not sure if it's the Victory or the Nemesis, but it ultimately doesn't matter.

Zob (will probably just continue to call it the Nemesis II, because of reasons)

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<t44mec$23l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5871&group=alt.toys.transformers#5871

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 16:28:55 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 23:28 UTC

On 4/22/2022 6:55 PM, Zobovor wrote:
> There is SO MUCH COMPLAINING online about the "perpetual G1 snorefest." That's why.

I just witnessed this in a Facebook group. Smug little shits "gloating"
that G1 fans were "denied". Like we actually think like that. I only
think, "Well, that's $200 that I don't have to spend."

I called them out as hypocrites because they claim they want these
things, but don't actually buy them when Hasbro gives them what they say
they want. I haven't seen a single person say they're actually going to
buy this thing. I already know they're going to use the price tag as an
excuse why they didn't buy it.

It reminds me why I tend to stay out of the larger Transformers fandom.
I think toy fandoms attract immature people, not to mention literal
children. (Can't tell them apart online.)

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<t4aal4$16ba$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5880&group=alt.toys.transformers#5880

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 19:44:29 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 02:44 UTC

I thought of a few more Titans, but would require new molds. But these
characters are admittedly pretty obscure.

Majin Zarak: Aircraft carrier that turns into a monster
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Majin_Zarak

Violenjiger: Three monster insects form a monster
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Violengiguar

Dark Nova: Totally not Unicron. Looks like he was depicted with two
different robot modes.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Nova

Personally, I think Majin Zarak would make the best toy.

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<9c3917db-cf64-4cc4-8a3a-5531071202c1n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5882&group=alt.toys.transformers#5882

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 05:49:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:49 UTC

On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 7:35:40 PM UTC-5, Travoltron wrote:
> I don't know why this obscure character was chosen to return, let alone
> as Titan class. It will not sell well and I hope that will not make
> Hasbro draw incorrect assumptions that nobody wants Titans.
>
> Here's some Titans they could do cheaply with existing molds.
>
> Metroplex --> Metrotitan
> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Metrotitan_(G1)
>
> Fortress Maximus --> Brave Maximus
> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Brave_Maximus
>
> Omega Supreme -->
> Guardian
> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Guardian_robot
> Dark Guardian
> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Guardian
>
> Trypticon --> Gigastorm
> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gigastorm
>

> And as for new molds, the Victory would make a good counterpart for The Ark:
> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Victory_(G1)

I would have been more acceptable of this guy as a Titan if it looked like he could do something the previous mold couldn't, and I mean more impressive than his weapon being neutered so it can break in half.

I'm fine with the original if the new one only succeeds in taking up more space. Give us something new, I'm tired of us having to be 20000% accurate to what came before. I loved how TR made other things Headmasters, I don't just want the same thing but bigger for reasons we have yet to justify.

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<6a297576-4701-4d6a-b07d-39a825b18c48n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5883&group=alt.toys.transformers#5883

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 09:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: dpdli...@gmail.com (Marshall)
 by: Marshall - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 16:03 UTC

On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 8:49:24 AM UTC-4, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
> On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 7:35:40 PM UTC-5, Travoltron wrote:
> > I don't know why this obscure character was chosen to return, let alone
> > as Titan class. It will not sell well and I hope that will not make
> > Hasbro draw incorrect assumptions that nobody wants Titans.
> >
> > Here's some Titans they could do cheaply with existing molds.
> >
> > Metroplex --> Metrotitan
> > https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Metrotitan_(G1)
> >
> > Fortress Maximus --> Brave Maximus
> > https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Brave_Maximus
> >
> > Omega Supreme -->
> > Guardian
> > https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Guardian_robot
> > Dark Guardian
> > https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Guardian
> >
> > Trypticon --> Gigastorm
> > https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gigastorm
> >

> > And as for new molds, the Victory would make a good counterpart for The Ark:
> > https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Victory_(G1)
> I would have been more acceptable of this guy as a Titan if it looked like he could do something the previous mold couldn't, and I mean more impressive than his weapon being neutered so it can break in half.
>
> I'm fine with the original if the new one only succeeds in taking up more space. Give us something new, I'm tired of us having to be 20000% accurate to what came before. I loved how TR made other things Headmasters, I don't just want the same thing but bigger for reasons we have yet to justify.

Cybertron Metroplex would have made sense if they gave him a real alt-mode instead of sticking with the clown show the toy originally had. Put that bucket excavator on something that actually looks like a backhoe or excavator loader and I might be tempted....as-is its a fugly homage to a fugly character.

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<de9a9a2a-0019-42b6-bf88-3e956e6bdf0cn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5885&group=alt.toys.transformers#5885

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 15:09:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 22:09 UTC

On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 8:43:52 PM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:

> I thought of a few more Titans, but would require new molds. But these
> characters are admittedly pretty obscure.

I honestly don't see Hasbro selling any of these characters. They're just not very well known.

They don't have to keep producing Titans endlessly. They've done a bunch of important characters, but it's not like they have to keep the price point alive or else they'll lose the rights to it forever.

I'd be fine with a redo of Metroplex (MOAR GEEWUN PLZ) and Fortress Maximus (LESS METRUPLEKS PLZ), and I still want the Decepticon space cruiser (Nemesis or Victory or whatever). And they do need to make a smaller, less expensive Unicron. But aside from that, I'm fine if they don't do any more Titans.

Zob (now, Commander-class toys, on the other hand...)

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<t4db70$10q2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5889&group=alt.toys.transformers#5889

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 06:11:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 06:11 UTC

Irrellius Spamticon <Ob1kenoby@att.net> wrote:
> On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 7:35:40 PM UTC-5, Travoltron wrote:
>> I don't know why this obscure character was chosen to return, let alone
>> as Titan class. It will not sell well and I hope that will not make
>> Hasbro draw incorrect assumptions that nobody wants Titans.
>>
>> Here's some Titans they could do cheaply with existing molds.
>>
>> Metroplex --> Metrotitan
>> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Metrotitan_(G1)
>>
>> Fortress Maximus --> Brave Maximus
>> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Brave_Maximus
>>
>> Omega Supreme -->
>> Guardian
>> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Guardian_robot
>> Dark Guardian
>> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Guardian
>>
>> Trypticon --> Gigastorm
>> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gigastorm
>>

>> And as for new molds, the Victory would make a good counterpart for The Ark:
>> https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Victory_(G1)
>
> I would have been more acceptable of this guy as a Titan if it looked
> like he could do something the previous mold couldn't, and I mean more
> impressive than his weapon being neutered so it can break in half.

The weapon chunks on the arms are the best thing this toy has going for it.
I actually like that.

The alt-mode is better than the original, but still not great. The shovel’s
crane is too short to actually dig. And he doesn’t look like he can
construct anything. I get a very slight vibe of the World Destroyer Things
from the old Star Wars Dark Empire comics, and kind of wish the character
had been a Decepticon on the show. They could have done a lot more with him
that way.

> I'm fine with the original if the new one only succeeds in taking up more
> space. Give us something new, I'm tired of us having to be 20000%
> accurate to what came before. I loved how TR made other things
> Headmasters, I don't just want the same thing but bigger for reasons we
> have yet to justify.

I still want a Titans scale Cosmos. He was big enough to transport the
Autobots off Earth in the episode where we learn about the legal system…

I’m thinking Deluxe Cosmos docks on Titan Cosmos, and then a big battle
station and robot mode.

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<ttasip$2946o$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7537&group=alt.toys.transformers#7537

From: Travolt...@fakeemail.com (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 09:36:15 -0800
 by: Travoltron - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 17:36 UTC

Cybertron Universe Metroplex 50% Off. So I gather this figure was a flop
as many predicted?
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/203020

Re: Legacy Metroplex! - looks like Cybertron Metroplex

<290f61b9-a971-4e5d-aa71-2aad4c8baba2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7538&group=alt.toys.transformers#7538

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 12:18:55 -0800 (PST)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 24 Feb 2023 20:18 UTC

On Friday, February 24, 2023 at 10:36:27 AM UTC-7, Travoltron wrote:

> Cybertron Universe Metroplex 50% Off. So I gather this figure was a flop
> as many predicted?

I know there were people who got excited about it. But, $200 is a lot to ask of a casual consumer. You have to be a hardcore fanatic to want to own that toy. Even at $99, I still won't be getting one.

Zob (that's, like, one hundred whole dollars I could spend at Target during the upcoming NECA Haul-A-Thon!)