Jealousy is all the fun you think they have.

arts / rec.music.beatles / "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!

SubjectAuthor
* "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!Norbert
+* Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!Norbert
|`* Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!pamina58
| `* Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!Norbert
|  `* Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!Norbert
|   `* Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!geoff
|    `- Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!Norbert
`* Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!Bruce
 `- Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!Norbert

1
"The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!

<037bcd31b65f6c1856b0e3c2a32997b0@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5906&group=rec.music.beatles#5906

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 11:36:47 +0000
Subject: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!
From: nyarlath...@hotmail.com (Norbert)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
 by: Norbert - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 11:36 UTC

I urge interested parties to check this out. A search on Youtube for "Mike Wallace, Yoko Ono" will turn it up.

Cynthia talks about the transformation of Lennon into a "laughingstock" through drugs and Yoko Ono; Ono tries to lay her usual bullsh*t on Wallace -- who doesn't appear to buy a word of it.

Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!

<688c3f87207dc777052e9dcbcfe9fb93@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5907&group=rec.music.beatles#5907

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:48:24 +0000
Subject: Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!
From: nyarlath...@hotmail.com (Norbert)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
 by: Norbert - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:48 UTC

Some noteworthy moments: Yoko's inappropriate smiling when denying Lennon's propensity for violence (privately, she discussed his violence with acquaintances such as Marnie Hair).

Also, Yoko claiming that being in the studio with the Beatles was "nothing" to her.

Yoko claiming that being in the studio with the Beatles caused her to "repress" her own supposed creativity. She doesn't know that repression was, as represented by its proponents, an unconscious process.

Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!

<71acf3e862d805350d85f1dbd3cd24e2@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5910&group=rec.music.beatles#5910

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 10:57:05 +0000
From: pamel...@mindspring.com (pamina58)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
 by: pamina58 - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 10:57 UTC

Cynthia was initially clueless about John's drug use, even thinking there was no drug use in Hamburg...

Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!

<e8e43ccdfb43fea62ac18fd1edd08d5c@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5912&group=rec.music.beatles#5912

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 11:45:44 +0000
From: nyarlath...@hotmail.com (Norbert)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
 by: Norbert - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 11:45 UTC

I dispute that. She knew John was a drinker from the get-go.

And Cynthia wrote, in A Twist of Lennon, that when she visited John in Hamburg:

"Paul and John were overjoyed at our [Cyntia and Dot's] safe arrival. They had been playing until two in the morning, and had been too excited to go to bed. The pills and booze they had been stuffing into themselves had heightened their senses beyond our reason..."

In any event, pills and booze wear off. John's "eating LSD like candy" had had permanent effects on Lennon, as if had on several other 60s musicians. Cynthia's eloquent about this ihe 60 minutes piece, talking about how John "wasn't John anymore," how he had become a "laughingstock," and about how he had taken to surrounding himself with nuts.

I believe that had just not turned his brain to mush on LSD, he'd never have taken Yoko or Alex Mardas serious. Probably not the Maharishi, either.

Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!

<2c33d663d1cc65ca382845ef242f8b08@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5914&group=rec.music.beatles#5914

From: nyarlath...@hotmail.com (Norbert)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 11:55:20 +0000
 by: Norbert - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 11:55 UTC

Some personal musings about marijuana: I smoked my share of it, mostly as a teenager, and while it sometimes added to my amusement and at other times made me anxious, it always wore off after some time; I never developed any lasting delusions.

So when I read about a Berkeley psychiatrist (named Harvey Powelson) who claimed marijuana led to schizophrenia, I thought that that was extreme, and if accurate at all, only in occasional cases.

In recent years, two marijuana dispensaries have opened up in the neighborhood. And the area is now infested with unwashed nuts, shuffling about like Jeffrey Dahmer, murmuring about Trump's supposedly imminent (for 3 years now) reinstatement, or about the "Cabal" or the "Storm." These people are delusional, paranoid, and creepy as hell. Pot is different today -- also these people seem to use it constantly, rather than smoking the occasional joint.

I want a dog to protect my property -- preferably a rottweiler.

Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!

<famcnSkZGaJcILP7nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5919&group=rec.music.beatles#5919

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 09:21:03 +1200
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 21:21 UTC

On 26/04/2024 11:55 pm, Norbert wrote:
> Some personal musings about marijuana:  I smoked my share of it, mostly
> as a teenager, and while it sometimes added to my amusement and at other
> times made me anxious, it always wore off after some time; I never
> developed any lasting delusions.
> So when I read about a Berkeley psychiatrist (named Harvey Powelson) who
> claimed marijuana led to schizophrenia, I thought that that was extreme,
> and if accurate at all, only in occasional cases.
> In recent years, two marijuana dispensaries have opened up in the
> neighborhood.  And the area is now infested with unwashed nuts,
> shuffling about like Jeffrey Dahmer, murmuring about Trump's supposedly
> imminent (for 3 years now) reinstatement, or about the "Cabal" or the
> "Storm."  These people are delusional, paranoid, and creepy as hell.
> Pot is different today -- also these people seem to use it constantly,
> rather than smoking the occasional joint.
>
> I want a dog to protect my property -- preferably a rottweiler.

Many times more potent than 'in the old days' .

geoff

Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!

<c67c9b810c1955b5baa283749da023fb@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5920&group=rec.music.beatles#5920

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 08:47:58 +0000
From: nyarlath...@hotmail.com (Norbert)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
 by: Norbert - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 08:47 UTC

Yeah, also the dispensaries offer it in a wide variety of forms -- as beverages, food, snacks, etc.

Also, marijuana users of the past were pacifists. Today's freaks are psychotic, violent, pro-insurrectionist Q-Anon believing types.

They are disturbed and disturbing.

Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!

<157fc4c2093d343f128a7aafc6e947bc@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5921&group=rec.music.beatles#5921

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:57:23 +0000
From: savo...@aol.com (Bruce)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
 by: Bruce - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:57 UTC

Norbert wrote:

> I urge interested parties to check this out. A search on Youtube for "Mike Wallace, Yoko Ono" will turn it up.

> Cynthia talks about the transformation of Lennon into a "laughingstock" through drugs and Yoko Ono; Ono tries to lay her usual bullsh*t on Wallace -- who doesn't appear to buy a word of it.

WHY would you not provide the links to the videos that you want us to watch?

Re: "The Two Mrs. Lennons" Is On Youtube!

<46533ff99fe704d15259282bf5fcd246@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5922&group=rec.music.beatles#5922

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 17:40:53 +0000
From: nyarlath...@hotmail.com (Norbert)
Newsgroups: rec.music.beatles
 by: Norbert - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 17:40 UTC

I'm between pairs of glasses at the moment and I'd screw up the like. I'm providing adequate info for anyone who is genuinely curious. A two-word search on a specified site is not rocket science.