From: michael....@gmail.com (Michael F. Stemper)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Love and Gravity
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 08:29:26 -0500
 by: Michael F. Stemper - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 13:29 UTC

The last paragraph of
<https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/02/have-astronauts-ever-had-sex-in-space.html>
(safe for work)
says:
Would space sex be any good? Recent research suggests it would not.

Pierre Boulle's "Love and Gravity" hypothesized (in 1966) that this
would be the case, although for slightly different reasons.
<http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?95515>

--
Michael F. Stemper
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Re: Love and Gravity

<io4hhuFdffgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59279&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59279

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: Love and Gravity
Date: 18 Aug 2021 13:50:54 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 13:50 UTC

In article <sfj1vm$1lf$1@dont-email.me>,
Michael F. Stemper <michael.stemper@gmail.com> wrote:
>The last paragraph of
><https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/02/have-astronauts-ever-had-sex-in-space.html>
>(safe for work)
>says:
> Would space sex be any good? Recent research suggests it would not.
>
>Pierre Boulle's "Love and Gravity" hypothesized (in 1966) that this
>would be the case, although for slightly different reasons.
><http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?95515>

Only take advice from someone wearing a three dolphin pin..
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: Love and Gravity

<sfjhmh$m1t$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59336&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59336

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 12:57:35 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 17:57 UTC

On 8/18/2021 8:29 AM, Michael F. Stemper wrote:
> The last paragraph of
> <https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/02/have-astronauts-ever-had-sex-in-space.html>
> (safe for work)
> says:
>   Would space sex be any good? Recent research suggests it would not.
>
> Pierre Boulle's "Love and Gravity" hypothesized (in 1966) that this
> would be the case, although for slightly different reasons.
> <http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?95515>

Sounds like we need some volunteers !

Lynn

Re: Love and Gravity

<qy1v5I.19E5@kithrup.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59345&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59345

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: djhe...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 19:22:30 GMT
 by: Dorothy J Heydt - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 19:22 UTC

In article <sfjhmh$m1t$2@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 8/18/2021 8:29 AM, Michael F. Stemper wrote:
>> The last paragraph of
>>
><https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/02/have-astronauts-ever-had-sex-in-space.html>
>> (safe for work)
>> says:
>>   Would space sex be any good? Recent research suggests it would not.
>>
>> Pierre Boulle's "Love and Gravity" hypothesized (in 1966) that this
>> would be the case, although for slightly different reasons.
>> <http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?95515>
>
>Sounds like we need some volunteers !

Pass.

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California

Re: Love and Gravity

<QdoTI.5819$dl5.632@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59384&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59384

From: mail...@cpacker.org (Charles Packer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 08:01:52 GMT
 by: Charles Packer - Thu, 19 Aug 2021 08:01 UTC

On Wed, 18 Aug 2021 19:22:30 +0000, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:

> In article <sfjhmh$m1t$2@dont-email.me>, Lynn McGuire
> <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On 8/18/2021 8:29 AM, Michael F. Stemper wrote:
>>> The last paragraph of
>>>
>><https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/02/have-astronauts-ever-had-
sex-in-space.html>
>>> (safe for work)
>>> says:
>>>   Would space sex be any good? Recent research suggests it would
>>>   not.
>>>
>>> Pierre Boulle's "Love and Gravity" hypothesized (in 1966) that this
>>> would be the case, although for slightly different reasons.
>>> <http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?95515>
>>
>>Sounds like we need some volunteers !
>
> Pass.

Still, this falls into the category of if it can be done, it will be done,
sooner or later.

Re: Love and Gravity

<W7OdnbU4P6yvuoP8nZ2dnUU7-IvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59386&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59386

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: writeIns...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 05:41:05 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Thu, 19 Aug 2021 09:41 UTC

On 8/18/2021 3:22 PM, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
> In article <sfjhmh$m1t$2@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 8/18/2021 8:29 AM, Michael F. Stemper wrote:
>>> The last paragraph of
>>>
>> <https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/02/have-astronauts-ever-had-sex-in-space.html>
>>> (safe for work)
>>> says:
>>>   Would space sex be any good? Recent research suggests it would not.
>>>
>>> Pierre Boulle's "Love and Gravity" hypothesized (in 1966) that this
>>> would be the case, although for slightly different reasons.
>>> <http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?95515>
>>
>> Sounds like we need some volunteers !
>
> Pass.

Do Astronauts Have Sex?

In space, no one can hear you moan.
BY CHRISTOPHER BEAM

Astronaut Lisa Nowak is facing attempted murder charges after
she drove nearly 1,000 miles to confront a rival for the
affections of another astronaut, Bill Oefelein. Nowak said
that she and Oefelein had “more than a working relationship,
but less than a romantic relationship.” Wait, did they ever
get it on in space?

No. Nowak and Oefelein were never on the same mission, so
they couldn’t possibly have joined the 62-mile-high club.
But some of their colleagues may well have engaged in
some extraterrestrial hanky-panky. Former and current
astronauts don’t like to talk about space-shuttle sex,
and NASA says that if it’s ever happened, the agency
doesn’t know anything about it. (NASA has never conducted
official experiments on animal reproduction in space,
says a spokesman.)

Of course, speculation has been rampant. The first mission
that included both men and women launched in 1982. But on
that flight, cosmonaut Svetlana Savitskaya’s reputation
for toughness, not to mention her married status, stamped out
rumors. The first married couple went to space in 1991, when
training-camp sweethearts Jan Davis and Mark Lee served
together on a mission. NASA normally has a policy against
letting married couples fly together, not because they’re
afraid they’ll have sex, but because it might hurt the team
dynamic. However, they made an exception for Davis and Lee
since the couple got married so close to launch time.
(In this photo, taken during the mission, Lee has his arm
around Davis.) Both have refused to answer questions about
the nature of their relationship during the mission.

In the 1990s, rumors circulated about unorthodox coziness
between Elena Kondakova and Valery Polyakov on a mission
to the space station Mir, especially after a video got out
showing Valery playfully splashing water on Elena during the flight.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2007/02/have-astronauts-ever-had-sex-in-space.html

'Married so close to launch time', sounds like a honeymoon
opportunity to me~

--
BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie