Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 07:15:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Images of MP-56 Masterpiece Trailbreaker
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 6 May 2022 14:15 UTC

Spotted this on my news feed this morning:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/mp-56-trailbreaker.1231564/

The images have Japanese text slathered all over them, but from what we can actually see, he looks really good. He appears to come with at least one blast effect, two extra heads, a fist to replace his gun-arm, an alternate grill for vehicle mode, and the radar dish from "More Than Meets the Eye."

Obviously, the toy has tons of redeco/remold potential. Not just as Hoist, though I am greatly looking forward to that character. But, they could also release the various Diaclone-inspired blue and yellow versions of Trailbreaker (proably annexing them into the Transformers mythos with new names, like Deep Cover, Road Rage, etc.) as well as doing a red version of Hoist as Lift-Ticket at some point.

I would absolutely insist that, unlike what they did with Earthrise, that Hoist have rounded cylinder arms and legs instead of just reusing all the same Trailbreaker assets. They also need to find a way to make Hoist a little shorter and fatter, and you just know he's going to have those fake white-colored wheels on his ankles in robot mode, because that's a thing from the show, and this is Takara we're talking about.

Interestingly, this means that Trailbreaker and Cliffjumper AND Skyfire are all in the works right now, as well as the rest of the Trainbots from the Headmasters series. Takara's been super busy. Aside from the aforementioned, only Mirage and Jazz to go until the entire Diaclone Car Robo range is represented in Masterpiece form, and only a handful of characters like Windcharger and Brawn and Gears and Huffer until the entire 1984 toy range is represented (and throw in Reflector and then the entire cast of the cartoon pilot episode is complete).

Zob (going to try to shove a metal shelf into the downstairs closet today; wish me luck)

Re: Images of MP-56 Masterpiece Trailbreaker

<904821f8-2e28-47d7-815d-8520eb567501n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5940&group=alt.toys.transformers#5940

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 06:33:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Images of MP-56 Masterpiece Trailbreaker
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Tue, 10 May 2022 13:33 UTC

On Friday, May 6, 2022 at 9:15:09 AM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> Spotted this on my news feed this morning:
>
> https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/mp-56-trailbreaker.1231564/
>
> The images have Japanese text slathered all over them, but from what we can actually see, he looks really good. He appears to come with at least one blast effect, two extra heads, a fist to replace his gun-arm, an alternate grill for vehicle mode, and the radar dish from "More Than Meets the Eye."
>
> Obviously, the toy has tons of redeco/remold potential. Not just as Hoist, though I am greatly looking forward to that character. But, they could also release the various Diaclone-inspired blue and yellow versions of Trailbreaker (proably annexing them into the Transformers mythos with new names, like Deep Cover, Road Rage, etc.) as well as doing a red version of Hoist as Lift-Ticket at some point.
>
> I would absolutely insist that, unlike what they did with Earthrise, that Hoist have rounded cylinder arms and legs instead of just reusing all the same Trailbreaker assets. They also need to find a way to make Hoist a little shorter and fatter, and you just know he's going to have those fake white-colored wheels on his ankles in robot mode, because that's a thing from the show, and this is Takara we're talking about.
>
> Interestingly, this means that Trailbreaker and Cliffjumper AND Skyfire are all in the works right now, as well as the rest of the Trainbots from the Headmasters series. Takara's been super busy. Aside from the aforementioned, only Mirage and Jazz to go until the entire Diaclone Car Robo range is represented in Masterpiece form, and only a handful of characters like Windcharger and Brawn and Gears and Huffer until the entire 1984 toy range is represented (and throw in Reflector and then the entire cast of the cartoon pilot episode is complete).
>

> Zob (going to try to shove a metal shelf into the downstairs closet today; wish me luck)

Takara released a video today
https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocReports/videos/730182114781927

It even has extra parts to replicate animation coloring mistakes with the windows from the cartoon.... now that's the level of accuracy I call just silly, but the rest of him looks good

Re: Images of MP-56 Masterpiece Trailbreaker

<000cadcd-3c72-4f46-a4eb-76bef923662an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=5961&group=alt.toys.transformers#5961

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 15:57:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 11 May 2022 22:57 UTC

On Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 7:33:56 AM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> It even has extra parts to replicate animation coloring mistakes with the windows from the cartoon.... now that's the level of accuracy I call just silly, but the rest of him looks good

It's not animation coloring mistakes they're trying to recreate, but the actual look of Trailbreaker from the cartoon. The G1 toy had translucent blue windshield as well as the side windows, which doubled as the hinges to which the robot arms were attached. There was also a tiny triangular sticker that was blue. In the cartoon, the side flaps weren't windows at all, but some kind of black armored panel, and the "true" window was that triangular sticker. So, the extra pieces just reproduce that look.

Hoist just has open windows, according to his cartoon model, so they'll have to redesign that part of the toy when they get around to doing him.

Zob (is not going to buy a Masterpiece version of Lift-Ticket)