"Being disintegrated makes me ve-ry an-gry!" <huff, huff>

arts / alt.tv.survivor / Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff Probst

SubjectAuthor
* Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff ProbstBrian Smith
+- Re: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff ProbstEmanuel Berg
`* Re: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff ProbstRick
 `* Re: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff ProbstBrian Smith
  `* Re: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff ProbstRick
   `- Re: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff ProbstBrian Smith

1
Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff Probst

<ca5ff11b-0cf8-4243-9dc3-8a207ffda1d8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=596&group=alt.tv.survivor#596

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 14:50:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff Probst
From: dcg_br...@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 21:50 UTC

Very interesting video. They awarded Lex and Tom runner-up money ($100K) in S3 due to a screw up by Jeff? Was this mentioned in the show?

https://youtu.be/2PxocRPOAOo

--
Brian

Re: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff Probst

<87eduyksgu.fsf@dataswamp.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=597&group=alt.tv.survivor#597

From: inc...@dataswamp.org (Emanuel Berg)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 01:53:05 +0200
 by: Emanuel Berg - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 23:53 UTC

Brian Smith wrote:

> Very interesting video. They awarded Lex and Tom runner-up
> money ($100K) in S3 due to a screw up by Jeff? Was this
> mentioned in the show?

Great method, first get it wrong, then throw them a bunch of
money a couple of decades later to apologize ..

I don't think Jeff should be handling that in the first place
if he is also calling the challenge, just imagine if they did
that in sports! That would be a lot of mistakes and a lot of
throwing money around later ...

They should do it the way they do it in boxing, commentators
to call it, experts to explain it, a referee in charge of the
action inside the ring, judges to decide who won if there
isn't a stoppage, and true boxing afficionados all over the
world to overrule their decisions whenever incorrect :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Re: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff Probst

<tj69fd$fkq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=598&group=alt.tv.survivor#598

From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 11:02:32 -0400
 by: Rick - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 15:02 UTC

"Brian Smith" wrote in message

>Very interesting video. They awarded Lex and Tom runner-up money ($100K) in
>S3 due to a screw up by Jeff? Was this mentioned in the show?
>
>https://youtu.be/2PxocRPOAOo
>
>--
>Brian

I don't recall it being mentioned in the show, but it was definitely
reported in the press and I remember a lot of discussion about it. If I am
remembering correctly, the issue only surfaced while Lindsey was watching
the episode live during the finale and realized that she was also a correct
answer.

Although they didn't word the questions this way, it was obvious that the
questions were intended to only reference players who made it to the merge,
since these would be the only players known to everyone. Lindsey was voted
out pre-merge and would not have been known to all of the final four. If
Jeff had simply phrased the question as applying only to post-merge players,
there would have been no issue.

Lindsey was part of another controversy that season that got some attention.
That was the season the players got very little water and were often
dehydrated. Lindsey was allegedly so dehydrated at one point that she said
she was taken out of the game, given fluids intravenously, and then allowed
to return to the game. This caused a lot of controversy when it was
reported because players weren't supposed to be given any advantages like
this, even for health reasons. I don't recall if this was ever officially
confirmed by the show, but I remember Lindsey talking about it.

--

Re: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff Probst

<855ccf13-ade1-40ec-9bb6-4a2a24bb5701n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=601&group=alt.tv.survivor#601

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 13:49:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: dcg_br...@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 20:49 UTC

On Monday, October 24, 2022 at 9:03:12 AM UTC-6, Rick wrote:
> "Brian Smith" wrote in message
> >
> >Very interesting video. They awarded Lex and Tom runner-up money ($100K) in
> >S3 due to a screw up by Jeff? Was this mentioned in the show?
> >
> >https://youtu.be/2PxocRPOAOo
> >
> >--
> >Brian
> I don't recall it being mentioned in the show, but it was definitely
> reported in the press and I remember a lot of discussion about it. If I am
> remembering correctly, the issue only surfaced while Lindsey was watching
> the episode live during the finale and realized that she was also a correct
> answer.
>
> Although they didn't word the questions this way, it was obvious that the
> questions were intended to only reference players who made it to the merge,
> since these would be the only players known to everyone. Lindsey was voted
> out pre-merge and would not have been known to all of the final four. If
> Jeff had simply phrased the question as applying only to post-merge players,
> there would have been no issue.
>
> Lindsey was part of another controversy that season that got some attention.
> That was the season the players got very little water and were often
> dehydrated. Lindsey was allegedly so dehydrated at one point that she said
> she was taken out of the game, given fluids intravenously, and then allowed
> to return to the game. This caused a lot of controversy when it was
> reported because players weren't supposed to be given any advantages like
> this, even for health reasons. I don't recall if this was ever officially
> confirmed by the show, but I remember Lindsey talking about it.
>
> --

Wow! I remember people complaining about how lethargic the players were that season, that they weren't on a beach, were surrounded by fencing to keep wild animals out, etc., but I don't remember these big controversies. Did the DVDs for the early seasons include bonus footage and commentary from production people and producers?

--
Brian

Re: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff Probst

<tj94eo$vn1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=602&group=alt.tv.survivor#602

From: ric...@nospam.com (Rick)
Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:55:53 -0400
 by: Rick - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 16:55 UTC

>On Monday, October 24, 2022 at 9:03:12 AM UTC-6, Rick wrote:
>> "Brian Smith" wrote in message
>> >
>> >Very interesting video. They awarded Lex and Tom runner-up money ($100K)
>> >in
>> >S3 due to a screw up by Jeff? Was this mentioned in the show?
>> >
>> >https://youtu.be/2PxocRPOAOo
>> >
>> >--
>> >Brian
>> I don't recall it being mentioned in the show, but it was definitely
>> reported in the press and I remember a lot of discussion about it. If I
>> am
>> remembering correctly, the issue only surfaced while Lindsey was watching
>> the episode live during the finale and realized that she was also a
>> correct
>> answer.
>>
>> Although they didn't word the questions this way, it was obvious that the
>> questions were intended to only reference players who made it to the
>> merge,
>> since these would be the only players known to everyone. Lindsey was
>> voted
>> out pre-merge and would not have been known to all of the final four. If
>> Jeff had simply phrased the question as applying only to post-merge
>> players,
>> there would have been no issue.
>>
>> Lindsey was part of another controversy that season that got some
>> attention.
>> That was the season the players got very little water and were often
>> dehydrated. Lindsey was allegedly so dehydrated at one point that she
>> said
>> she was taken out of the game, given fluids intravenously, and then
>> allowed
>> to return to the game. This caused a lot of controversy when it was
>> reported because players weren't supposed to be given any advantages like
>> this, even for health reasons. I don't recall if this was ever officially
>> confirmed by the show, but I remember Lindsey talking about it.
>>
>> --
>
>Wow! I remember people complaining about how lethargic the players were
>that season, that they weren't on a beach, were surrounded by fencing to
>keep wild animals out, etc., but I don't remember these big controversies.
>Did the DVDs for the early seasons include bonus footage and commentary
>from production people and producers?
>
>--
>Brian

Don't know - never watched those DVDs.

BTW, here is a reference to the IV incident she made in a written interview
she did with EW a couple years ago.

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-africa-lindsey-richter-quarantine-questionnaire/

--

Re: Five Survivor Challenges Miscalled by Jeff Probst

<54085b4c-8752-4671-8fbb-6f6c0e03a31fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=603&group=alt.tv.survivor#603

Newsgroups: alt.tv.survivor
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:55:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: dcg_br...@hotmail.com (Brian Smith)
 by: Brian Smith - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 19:55 UTC

Thanks for that link!

--
Brian