From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: (OT) Robo Force is back.
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 12:04:52 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Sat, 14 May 2022 19:04 UTC

And it's, uh, this...
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Brand=34534

I'm not really digging it. Max Steele is the better of the two, but both
of their designs are too "busy".

I think it would have been better if they did them in their classic
designs on a smaller scale. I'm imagining cute little figurines that you
could stick on things with the suction cup feet.

Re: (OT) Robo Force is back.

<c5c61d91-cb90-4bd8-a93c-5b1372c99eecn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6002&group=alt.toys.transformers#6002

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 13:38:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: (OT) Robo Force is back.
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 14 May 2022 20:38 UTC

On Saturday, May 14, 2022 at 1:03:55 PM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:

> I'm not really digging it. Max Steele is the better of the two, but both
> of their designs are too "busy".

I wouldn't have recognized them if you hadn't already said what they were supposed to be. Something closer to the original toys would have definitely been the way to go. I would have collected them out of nostalgia's sake, but not these redesigned monstrosities.

At the very least, include the suction cup base and give them the ability to swap out for the normal legs, like Marvel Legends Cannonball or something.. But this? This is awful.

Zob (I only ever owned Blazer, but I was immensely fond of him)

Re: (OT) Robo Force is back.

<ta9j78$1spg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6370&group=alt.toys.transformers#6370

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 08:42:31 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 15:42 UTC

Mattel is threatening to sue this company because they used the name
"Maxx Steele". Mattel actually stole this name from Ideal when they made
their very lame Max Steel line.

Re: (OT) Robo Force is back.

<ta9jd8$1spg$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6371&group=alt.toys.transformers#6371

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 08:45:43 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 15:45 UTC

On 7/8/2022 8:42 AM, Travoltron wrote:
> Mattel is threatening to sue this company because they used the name
> "Maxx Steele". Mattel actually stole this name from Ideal when they made
> their very lame Max Steel line.

Oops. Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wu2ZLjYNPM

Re: (OT) Robo Force is back.

<42390b27-7101-4597-aae8-876b96af1f7en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6373&group=alt.toys.transformers#6373

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 19:58:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Sat, 9 Jul 2022 02:58 UTC

On Friday, July 8, 2022 at 8:41:30 AM UTC-7, Travoltron wrote:
> Mattel is threatening to sue this company because they used the name "Maxx Steele".

What I wanna know is how did Brian V. Weiss not know that Max Steel was a major Mattel brand? Granted it's mostly popular overseas but come on. As a Robo Force fan I kinda groaned when I found out Mattel was using the name like that years ago but at least they were doing movies and comics and cartoons and toylines and all this other stuff with it. They did more with the name than Ideal ever did. I gotta give them credit for taking the name and running with it, unlike the douche canoes at Hasbro who trademarked Machine Robot Rescue and did zilch.

> Mattel actually stole this name from Ideal when they made their very lame Max Steel line.

Even me the most casual Robo Force fan ever I figured we'd never see a proper Robo Force relaunch considering Mattel owned the key names. They had Maxx and I think some variant of Hun-Dred for a villain. Sure enough, when Toyfinity bought the license even they had to call their glyos version "Max Zero". Did John from Toyfinity not clue Brian in on this? How did Brian not know that he couldn't use Max Steel? He kinda walked right into this one. It looks like Brian is trying to frame this like he's toy Ukraine and Mattel is Russia coming to stomp him from outta nowhere but come on.

For a toy historian Brian sure seems ignorant of some key Robo Force knowledge. I wonder why he even picked up the line. I guess he's gonna have to brush up on it now to properly defend himself against Mattel's lawyers. I think Brian's going down in flames on this one.