Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 23:54:21 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: billande...@yahoo.com (Bill Anderson)
Subject: THE HAND OF GOD (Netflix)
 by: Bill Anderson - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 05:54 UTC

I have liked a number of movies such as, say, AMERICAN GRAFFITI, in
which not much happens but the characters and the setting are
fascinating and I'm convinced that's real life up there on the screen. I
don't need mayhem to hold my attention -- interesting characters will do
just fine.

In THE HAND OF GOD (Original title: È stata la mano di Dio), Naples, the
armpit of Italy, is photographed to look gorgeous, breathtaking at
times, and a large cast of Italian actors I've never heard of do a fine
job playing people I would never want to know. And those were my only
rewards as I rode this thing out. It's getting raves from critics and
audiences but if you're going to make a movie in which not much happens,
you gotta make me care, and with this thing I just never cared once
about anybody.

Do you have an OLED display and 4K streaming? Watch it for some stunning
shots. You might even care more than I did. Good luck with that.

--

Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

Re: THE HAND OF GOD (Netflix)

<2REzJ.235452$aF1.85657@fx98.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6012&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6012

Subject: Re: THE HAND OF GOD (Netflix)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 09:54:52 -0500
 by: moviePig - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 14:54 UTC

On 12/31/2021 12:54 AM, Bill Anderson wrote:
> I have liked a number of movies such as, say, AMERICAN GRAFFITI, in
> which not much happens but the characters and the setting are
> fascinating and I'm convinced that's real life up there on the screen. I
> don't need mayhem to hold my attention -- interesting characters will do
> just fine.
>
> In THE HAND OF GOD (Original title: È stata la mano di Dio), Naples, the
> armpit of Italy, is photographed to look gorgeous, breathtaking at
> times, and a large cast of Italian actors I've never heard of do a fine
> job playing people I would never want to know. And those were my only
> rewards as I rode this thing out. It's getting raves from critics and
> audiences but if you're going to make a movie in which not much happens,
> you gotta make me care, and with this thing I just never cared once
> about anybody.
>
> Do you have an OLED display and 4K streaming? Watch it for some stunning
> shots. You might even care more than I did.  Good luck with that.

Caution: memoir...