The eagle may soar, but the weasel never gets sucked into a jet engine.

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

SubjectAuthor
* The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJonathan
+* Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJonathan
|`* Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading - corrected linkJonathan
| `* Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading - corrected linkJonathan
|  `- Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading - corrected linkJonathan
+- Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJonathan
+- Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJonathan
+- Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJonathan
`* Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJonathan
 +- Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJonathan
 `* Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJonathan
  `* Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJonathan
   `* Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingKevrob
    +- Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJ. Clarke
    +* Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingMichael F. Stemper
    |`* Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Tradingted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
    | `- Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingPaul S Person
    `* Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingPaul S Person
     +- Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJay E. Morris
     `- Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day TradingJonathan

1
The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<TY6dneM5yeYHW7X8nZ2dnUU7-YPNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59881&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59881

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Subject: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 07:03:52 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 11:03 UTC

Look carefully at this 5 day chart of ticket TKAT.
Notice the distinctive pattern that's repeated
now an astonishing three times in a row.

I call it the Shepherds hook pattern, that's
characteristic of a breakout, where the stock
could rise quickly with little resistance
above. And notice how each 'stair step'
generates a new higher level of support
for the next step. Taking on a life of
it's own.

Shepherds hook
https://bit.ly/3Bjdahy

5 day chart TKAT
https://www.tradingview.com/x/1m6kL3DB/

And the longer term chart that generates
so much excitement, gotta love this chart~
https://www.tradingview.com/x/UQInF1dK/

And guess why this behavior has taken place?
Has it released a new product? Or discovered
something wonderful? Nope. This is why.

The perfect rumor which was unleashed on
social media. I love the line in the
article below..."for no apparent reason".

Ya there is...it's called going viral
or taking on a life of it's own better
described by the science of self organizing
systems that I yammer on and on about.

Why Shares of Takung Art Are Surging Today

What happened

"Shares of the online platform Takung Art (NYSEMKT:TKAT) traded
more than 31% higher as of 11:10 a.m. EDT this morning for
/no apparent reason/."

So what

"Shares of Takung continue to swing wildly as investors speculate
whether the company will jump into the nonfungible token (NFT)
space. Over the last year, shares of Takung have risen from
$1.35 per share to roughly $26.60 per share now. The run-up
does not seem realistic even if the company were to get
into the NFT space."
https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/04/22/why-shares-of-takung-art-are-surging-today/

This article is concerning the original run up a few months ago.
This current run up is merely the 'Delta' variant showing
itself once everything calmed down. Predictable as rain.

'singin....

Timbuk 3 - The Future's So Bright
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY&ab_channel=Timbuk3VEVO

Jonathan

BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie
so *colossal* that no one would believe that someone "could have the
impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<woydndnfbsYuVbX8nZ2dnUU7-bPNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59882&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59882

Subject: Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 07:12:49 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 11:12 UTC

On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:

Compare this 6 month chart of Ticker TKAT
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

With this chart of COVID, scroll down to the
daily new cases in the US chart near the bottom
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Nature is stranger than one can imagine...

Curiouser-and-curiouser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=truHqdF50Hg&ab_channel=WaltDisneyStudios

--
BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie
so *colossal* that no one would believe that someone "could have the
impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading - corrected link

<woydndjfbsa7VLX8nZ2dnUU7-bOdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59883&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59883

Subject: Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading - corrected link
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 07:14:45 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 11:14 UTC

On 8/27/2021 7:12 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:

Sorry wrong link...

Compare this 6 month chart of Ticker TKAT
https://www.tradingview.com/x/UQInF1dK/

With this chart of COVID, scroll down to the
daily new cases in the US chart near the bottom
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

> Nature is stranger than one can imagine...
>

> Curiouser-and-curiouser
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=truHqdF50Hg&ab_channel=WaltDisneyStudios

--
BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie
so *colossal* that no one would believe that someone "could have the
impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<y_GdnVq4OqFcUbX8nZ2dnUU7-SfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59884&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59884

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 07:30:07 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 11:30 UTC

On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:

> 'singin....
>

> Timbuk 3 - The Future's So Bright

"I study nuclear science
I love my classes
I got a crazy teacher
He wears dark glasses"

Speaking of crazy teachers, this is a true story
I had a math teacher in college and every morning
at 8 am sharp he'd walk in with his jet black shades
and stand to the left of a completely empty blackboard
and just stare at it for five minutes.

Lot's of head shaking in the class every day.
Number theory will make anyone nuts I gradually
found out as that semester unfolded. Lots and
lots of open questions with no solutions.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY&ab_channel=Timbuk3VEVO
>

> Jonathan

BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie
so *colossal* that no one would believe that someone "could have the
impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading - corrected link

<U56dnUf1LNTnSLX8nZ2dnUU7-UvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59885&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59885

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 08:07:20 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 12:07 UTC

On 8/27/2021 7:14 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> On 8/27/2021 7:12 AM, Jonathan wrote:
>> On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:
>>

> Sorry wrong link...

Compare this 6 month chart of Ticker TKAT
https://www.tradingview.com/x/UQInF1dK/

With this chart of COVID, scroll down to the
'daily new cases in the US' chart near the bottom
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I'd like to add, that if you closely compare
the above two charts you'll see each has
five components. Initially two small spikes, then
the big spike, a quick rebound then once the
pattern has settled down a later 'delta' spike.
Just compress the COVID chart a bit in your mind.

And I'd like to add this comparison to a stock
chart and COVID is a comparison that could only
have been made in the last few weeks after the
Delta surge.

A month ago the charts would not be so similar.

Nature is stranger than one can imagine...

Curiouser-and-curiouser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=truHqdF50Hg&ab_channel=WaltDisneyStudios

Someone pinch me please~

--
BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie
so *colossal* that no one would believe that someone "could have the
impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<2M2dnf_yad1WRLX8nZ2dnUU7-dfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59886&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59886

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 08:25:46 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 12:25 UTC

On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:

> 5 day chart TKAT
> https://www.tradingview.com/x/1m6kL3DB/

And btw yesterday the volatility and early rise
was so high trading was halted three times in the
first few hours. They do that to try to stem the
unusual volume from getting out of hand. Sitting there
watching a million dollars a minute changing hands
then suddenly come to a complete halt for 15 minutes
then have the panic buying resume, and yet again
is more exciting than I can convey.

Like watching someone put their finger in
the gushing leak, then take it out again
and again in a futile attempt to stop
the 'flood'. Just like entirely shutting down
the economy for COVID.

See the news articles to the right at the link
below.

11:19
AMEX HALT TKAT.A ADDITIONAL INFORMATION LAST 10.3000

09:35AM
AMEX HALT TKAT.A ADDITIONAL INFORMATION LAST 11.3300

09:43AM
AMEX HALT TKAT.A ADDITIONAL INFORMATION LAST 12.99000

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/WirgdbrM/?symbol=TKAT

They say "halted waiting for additional information"
because the assumption is such incredible volatility
must be due to some 'news' that's leaked and should
be released soon. So they stop trading waiting for
the 'news' to come out. But of course with a rumor
driven stock there's no 'news' to come out.

But the exchange doesn't seem to understand how
such volatility could occur without some
leaked news story that's about to hit so the
exchange panics and halts the trading, to halt
the panic buying.

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<OdOdnYgcLKGy_rT8nZ2dnUU7-cHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59903&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59903

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 18:11:57 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:11 UTC

On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:

Here's the chart of TKAT for this week.
It bounced around 20% in the first hour
this morning.
https://www.tradingview.com/x/kTM5n0JX/

If you had a trading kitty of 25 grand
and bought at 3pm and sold the next day
at 10-11 am. How much would you have made?

About 7 or 8 grand, I can live on that.

And watching it happen it's easy to see
many traders doing just that but with
100 grand or even a quarter million.

> Look carefully at this 5 day chart of ticket TKAT.
> Notice the distinctive pattern that's repeated
> now an astonishing three times in a row.
>
> I call it the Shepherds hook pattern, that's
> characteristic of a breakout, where the stock
> could rise quickly with little resistance
> above. And notice how each 'stair step'
> generates a new higher level of support
> for the next step. Taking on a life of
> it's own.
>

> Shepherds hook
> https://bit.ly/3Bjdahy
>

> 5 day chart TKAT
> https://www.tradingview.com/x/1m6kL3DB/
>
> And the longer term chart that generates
> so much excitement, gotta love this chart~
> https://www.tradingview.com/x/UQInF1dK/
>
> And guess why this behavior has taken place?
> Has it released a new product? Or discovered
> something wonderful? Nope. This is why.
>
> The perfect rumor which was unleashed on
> social media. I love the line in the
> article below..."for no apparent reason".
>
> Ya there is...it's called going viral
> or taking on a life of it's own better
> described by the science of self organizing
> systems that I yammer on and on about.
>

> Why Shares of Takung Art Are Surging Today
>
> What happened
>
> "Shares of the online platform Takung Art (NYSEMKT:TKAT) traded
> more than 31% higher as of 11:10 a.m. EDT this morning for
> /no apparent reason/."
>
> So what
>
> "Shares of Takung continue to swing wildly as investors speculate
> whether the company will jump into the nonfungible token (NFT)
> space. Over the last year, shares of Takung have risen from
> $1.35 per share to roughly $26.60 per share now. The run-up
> does not seem realistic even if the company were to get
> into the NFT space."
> https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/04/22/why-shares-of-takung-art-are-surging-today/
>

> This article is concerning the original run up a few months ago.
> This current run up is merely the 'Delta' variant showing
> itself once everything calmed down. Predictable as rain.
>

> 'singin....
>

> Timbuk 3 - The Future's So Bright
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY&ab_channel=Timbuk3VEVO
>

> Jonathan

BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie
so *colossal* that no one would believe that someone "could have the
impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading - corrected link

<tcmdnQ1CVpc2lrf8nZ2dnUU7-cXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=59924&group=rec.arts.sf.written#59924

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 06:10:49 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Sat, 28 Aug 2021 10:10 UTC

On 8/27/2021 8:07 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> On 8/27/2021 7:14 AM, Jonathan wrote:
>> On 8/27/2021 7:12 AM, Jonathan wrote:
>>> On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:
>>>

>> Sorry wrong link...
>>
> Compare this 6 month chart of Ticker TKAT
> https://www.tradingview.com/x/UQInF1dK/
>

> With this chart of COVID, scroll down to the
> 'daily new cases in the US' chart near the bottom
> https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
>

> I'd like to add, that if you closely compare
> the above two charts you'll see each has
> five components. Initially two small spikes, then
> the big spike, a quick rebound then once the
> pattern has settled down a later 'delta' spike.
> Just compress the COVID chart a bit in your mind.
>
> And I'd like to add this comparison to a stock
> chart and COVID is a comparison that could only
> have been made in the last few weeks after the
> Delta surge.
>
> A month ago the charts would not be so similar.

Um, I hesitate to say this, but the conclusion
seems obvious that since TKAT is a compressed
expression of a generalized viral behavior
that ticker TKAT will predict what COVID
will do next.

Guess I'll have to revisit this in a month
or two and see.

If so then next week TKAT should continue
to rise to be closer to the magnitude
of the Delta bump.

Can't wait till Monday~

--
BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie
so *colossal* that no one would believe that someone "could have the
impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<ieKdncYxEZQzBrL8nZ2dnUU7-WfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60096&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60096

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 11:26:33 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 15:26 UTC

On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:

My next love affair. This isn't a rumor stock
but a good news stock, and a recent start up
in online gambling.

Notice the 'Shepherds hook' pattern repeats itself
on the short and long term pattern.

Shepherds hook
https://bit.ly/3Bjdahy

Self-similarity across scale, the hallmark of a
self organizing system, or a system taking on
a life of it's own. Or in trading parlance
a classic break-out pattern.

The 'Golden' pattern.

GAMB 5 day chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/hvRVKMJK/

FINVIZ.COM GAMB
https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=gamb

Notice the same break out pattern appears over
and over short and long term in the last ticker
I posted TKAT.

5 day chart of TKAT

<ieKdncExEZS6AbL8nZ2dnUU7-WednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60097&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60097

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 11:28:39 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 15:28 UTC

On 9/1/2021 11:26 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:
>

> My next love affair. This isn't a rumor stock
> but a good news stock, and a recent start up
> in online gambling.
>
> Notice the 'Shepherds hook' pattern repeats itself
> on the short and long term pattern.

Forgot to mention, the play is to buy after
it's fallen roughly 25% below the peak of the
Shepherds hook looking for a short term bounce.

<t46dneQS9KJ0PbL8nZ2dnUU7-W3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60101&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60101

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 11:48:52 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 15:48 UTC

On 9/1/2021 11:26 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:
>

> My next love affair. This isn't a rumor stock
> but a good news stock, and a recent start up
> in online gambling.
>
> Notice the 'Shepherds hook' pattern repeats itself
> on the short and long term pattern.
>
> Shepherds hook
> https://bit.ly/3Bjdahy
>
> Self-similarity across scale, the hallmark of a
> self organizing system, or a system taking on
> a life of it's own.  Or in trading parlance
> a classic break-out pattern.
>
> The 'Golden' pattern.
>
> GAMB 5 day chart
> https://www.tradingview.com/x/hvRVKMJK/
>
> FINVIZ.COM  GAMB
> https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=gamb
>

> Notice the same break out pattern appears over
> and over short and long term in the last ticker
> I posted TKAT.
>
> 5 day chart of TKAT
> https://www.tradingview.com/x/1m6kL3DB/

Look at this nice example from this morning which
I MISSED because I was busy at work.

Notice the first hook/break out pattern peaked
around $13 fell back some 25% then roared.
That's the play, once this Shepherds hook pattern
falls back 25% or so then buy. It could fall back
again later today or tomorrow.

I have no idea what this corp does, it
seems to be a mystery. But this is
clearly a rumor stock. People see it's
been flat for a long time and ripe for
a break-out if a sudden surge in buying
happens. So the rumor spreads and people
buy like crazy. Sure enough it breaks out
the old self-fulfilling prophecy.

FCUV 1 day chart
https://www.tradingview.com/x/GCywx5xD/

>> Look carefully at this 5 day chart of ticket TKAT.
>> Notice the distinctive pattern that's repeated
>> now an astonishing three times in a row.
>>
>> I call it the Shepherds hook pattern, that's
>> characteristic of a breakout, where the stock
>> could rise quickly with little resistance
>> above. And notice how each 'stair step'
>> generates a new higher level of support
>> for the next step. Taking on a life of
>> it's own.
>>

>> Shepherds hook
>> https://bit.ly/3Bjdahy
>>

>> 5 day chart TKAT
>> https://www.tradingview.com/x/1m6kL3DB/
>>
>> And the longer term chart that generates
>> so much excitement, gotta love this chart~
>> https://www.tradingview.com/x/UQInF1dK/
>>
>> And guess why this behavior has taken place?
>> Has it released a new product? Or discovered
>> something wonderful? Nope. This is why.
>>
>> The perfect rumor which was unleashed on
>> social media. I love the line in the
>> article below..."for no apparent reason".
>>
>> Ya there is...it's called going viral
>> or taking on a life of it's own better
>> described by the science of self organizing
>> systems that I yammer on and on about.
>>

>> Why Shares of Takung Art Are Surging Today
>>
>> What happened
>>
>> "Shares of the online platform Takung Art (NYSEMKT:TKAT) traded
>> more than 31% higher as of 11:10 a.m. EDT this morning for
>> /no apparent reason/."
>>
>> So what
>>
>> "Shares of Takung continue to swing wildly as investors speculate
>> whether the company will jump into the nonfungible token (NFT)
>> space. Over the last year, shares of Takung have risen from
>> $1.35 per share to roughly $26.60 per share now. The run-up
>> does not seem realistic even if the company were to get
>> into the NFT space."
>> https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/04/22/why-shares-of-takung-art-are-surging-today/
>>

>> This article is concerning the original run up a few months ago.
>> This current run up is merely the 'Delta' variant showing
>> itself once everything calmed down. Predictable as rain.
>>

>> 'singin....
>>

>> Timbuk 3 - The Future's So Bright
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY&ab_channel=Timbuk3VEVO
>>

>> Jonathan

BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie
so *colossal* that no one would believe that someone "could have the
impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<vcidndjUPKKkYrL8nZ2dnUU7-TvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60129&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60129

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 18:31:20 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Wed, 1 Sep 2021 22:31 UTC

On 9/1/2021 11:48 AM, Jonathan wrote:

> On 9/1/2021 11:26 AM, Jonathan wrote:
>> On 8/27/2021 7:03 AM, Jonathan wrote:
>>

>> My next love affair. This isn't a rumor stock
>> but a good news stock, and a recent start up
>> in online gambling.
>>
>> Notice the 'Shepherds hook' pattern repeats itself
>> on the short and long term pattern.
>>
>> Shepherds hook
>> https://bit.ly/3Bjdahy
>>
>> Self-similarity across scale, the hallmark of a
>> self organizing system, or a system taking on
>> a life of it's own.  Or in trading parlance
>> a classic break-out pattern.
>>
>> The 'Golden' pattern.
>>
>> GAMB 5 day chart
>> https://www.tradingview.com/x/hvRVKMJK/
>>
>> FINVIZ.COM  GAMB
>> https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=gamb
>>

>> Notice the same break out pattern appears over
>> and over short and long term in the last ticker
>> I posted TKAT.
>>
>> 5 day chart of TKAT
>> https://www.tradingview.com/x/1m6kL3DB/
>>

> Look at this nice example from this morning which
> I MISSED because I was busy at work.
>
> Notice the first hook/break out pattern peaked
> around $13 fell back some 25% then roared.
> That's the play, once this Shepherds hook pattern
> falls back 25% or so then buy. It could fall back
> again later today or tomorrow.
>
> I have no idea what this corp does, it
> seems to be a mystery. But this is
> clearly a rumor stock. People see it's
> been flat for a long time and ripe for
> a break-out if a sudden surge in buying
> happens. So the rumor spreads and people
> buy like crazy. Sure enough it breaks out
> the old self-fulfilling prophecy.
>

> FCUV 1 day chart
> https://www.tradingview.com/x/GCywx5xD/

For crying out loud, yesterday FCUV was at $6
right now it's at $29 and climbing. I counted
18 trading halts by 2pm today, that has to
be some kind of record. This is another
example of the Gamestop effect.

And I still can't find what this company
is about, doesn't really matter it's
taken on a life of it's own.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/7sEOudcd/

>>> Look carefully at this 5 day chart of ticket TKAT.
>>> Notice the distinctive pattern that's repeated
>>> now an astonishing three times in a row.
>>>
>>> I call it the Shepherds hook pattern, that's
>>> characteristic of a breakout, where the stock
>>> could rise quickly with little resistance
>>> above. And notice how each 'stair step'
>>> generates a new higher level of support
>>> for the next step. Taking on a life of
>>> it's own.
>>>

>>> Shepherds hook
>>> https://bit.ly/3Bjdahy
>>>

>>> 5 day chart TKAT
>>> https://www.tradingview.com/x/1m6kL3DB/
>>>
>>> And the longer term chart that generates
>>> so much excitement, gotta love this chart~
>>> https://www.tradingview.com/x/UQInF1dK/
>>>
>>> And guess why this behavior has taken place?
>>> Has it released a new product? Or discovered
>>> something wonderful? Nope. This is why.
>>>
>>> The perfect rumor which was unleashed on
>>> social media. I love the line in the
>>> article below..."for no apparent reason".
>>>
>>> Ya there is...it's called going viral
>>> or taking on a life of it's own better
>>> described by the science of self organizing
>>> systems that I yammer on and on about.
>>>

>>> Why Shares of Takung Art Are Surging Today
>>>
>>> What happened
>>>
>>> "Shares of the online platform Takung Art (NYSEMKT:TKAT) traded
>>> more than 31% higher as of 11:10 a.m. EDT this morning for
>>> /no apparent reason/."
>>>
>>> So what
>>>
>>> "Shares of Takung continue to swing wildly as investors speculate
>>> whether the company will jump into the nonfungible token (NFT)
>>> space. Over the last year, shares of Takung have risen from
>>> $1.35 per share to roughly $26.60 per share now. The run-up
>>> does not seem realistic even if the company were to get
>>> into the NFT space."
>>> https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/04/22/why-shares-of-takung-art-are-surging-today/
>>>

>>> This article is concerning the original run up a few months ago.
>>> This current run up is merely the 'Delta' variant showing
>>> itself once everything calmed down. Predictable as rain.
>>>

>>> 'singin....
>>>

>>> Timbuk 3 - The Future's So Bright
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY&ab_channel=Timbuk3VEVO
>>>

>>> Jonathan

BIG LIE From Wiki - "The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler
when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, to describe the use of a lie
so *colossal* that no one would believe that someone "could have the
impudence to distort the truth so infamously."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<9531d4af-e53e-4cc1-90b3-829af9a555den@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60154&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60154

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 23:45:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: kev...@my-deja.com (Kevrob)
 by: Kevrob - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 06:45 UTC

On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 6:31:30 PM UTC-4, Jonathan wrote:

[snip]

> And I still can't find what this company
> is about, doesn't really matter it's
> taken on a life of it's own.
>
> https://www.tradingview.com/x/7sEOudcd/

[snip]

Smart devices. Internet of Things.

They make the stuff and/or the software that .
allows people to hack your refrigerator, which
tells your toaster to order your Rumba to trip
you getting out of the shower so you break
you neck. :)

--
Kevin R

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<o5h1jgt6r0r8psk4112n7gb5ga512f8s37@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60161&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60161

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 08:36:16 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 12:36 UTC

On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 23:45:58 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob <kevrob@my-deja.com>
wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 6:31:30 PM UTC-4, Jonathan wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>> And I still can't find what this company
>> is about, doesn't really matter it's
>> taken on a life of it's own.
>>
>> https://www.tradingview.com/x/7sEOudcd/
>
>[snip]
>
>Smart devices. Internet of Things.
>
>They make the stuff and/or the software that .
>allows people to hack your refrigerator, which
>tells your toaster to order your Rumba to trip
>you getting out of the shower so you break
>you neck. :)

I don't think that's quite what they're doing. Their product line
suggests that they're working toward tricorders. They make an
instrumentation hub that can use a cell phone as a display.

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<sgqjn2$uup$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60164&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60164

From: michael....@gmail.com (Michael F. Stemper)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 08:31:14 -0500
 by: Michael F. Stemper - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 13:31 UTC

On 02/09/2021 01.45, Kevrob wrote:

> Smart devices. Internet of Things.
>
> They make the stuff and/or the software that .
> allows people to hack your refrigerator, which
> tells your toaster to order your Rumba to trip
> you getting out of the shower so you break
> you neck. :)

At last we are approaching a mechanism to support the events of
Matheson's "Mad House".

<http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?58480>

--
Michael F. Stemper
If it isn't running programs and it isn't fusing atoms, it's just

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<ipc2lrF2tbsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60165&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60165

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: 2 Sep 2021 13:42:19 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 13:42 UTC

In article <sgqjn2$uup$1@dont-email.me>,
Michael F. Stemper <michael.stemper@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 02/09/2021 01.45, Kevrob wrote:
>
>> Smart devices. Internet of Things.
>>
>> They make the stuff and/or the software that .
>> allows people to hack your refrigerator, which
>> tells your toaster to order your Rumba to trip
>> you getting out of the shower so you break
>> you neck. :)
>
>At last we are approaching a mechanism to support the events of
>Matheson's "Mad House".
>
><http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?58480>

Never pwess the wed one!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fu6di
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<qks1jghrmf05ieq6mpn8u1avo1ltovajn2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60173&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60173

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 08:53:45 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 15:53 UTC

wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 6:31:30 PM UTC-4, Jonathan wrote:
>
>[snip]
>
>> And I still can't find what this company
>> is about, doesn't really matter it's
>> taken on a life of it's own.
>>
>> https://www.tradingview.com/x/7sEOudcd/
>
>[snip]
>
>Smart devices. Internet of Things.
>
>They make the stuff and/or the software that .
>allows people to hack your refrigerator, which
>tells your toaster to order your Rumba to trip
>you getting out of the shower so you break
>you neck. :)

I've always thought the Internet of Things was a stupid idea.

Who wants to receive an email (or, more likely I suppose, text) ever
second from the refrigerator reporting that the breadbox is no longer
responding to it and so it feels lonely?

I once read an article describing something similar -- a phone that
would /stop playing the movie/ when a call came in. After all,
everybody knows that a cold call from a scam site is /far/ more
important than a movie, right? This sort of nonsense I can do without.

OTOH, apparently some thermostats can now be set by cellphone. That
might be useful -- for the users. Unfortunately, I suspect this is the
same capability being abused by power companies to impose /their/ idea
of how things should be.

Tradeoffs. Always.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<pus1jgd25k88m6f1rgihtnt3v6t41b77n1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60174&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60174

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2021 08:55:12 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Thu, 2 Sep 2021 15:55 UTC

On 2 Sep 2021 13:42:19 GMT, ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>)
wrote:

>In article <sgqjn2$uup$1@dont-email.me>,
>Michael F. Stemper <michael.stemper@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On 02/09/2021 01.45, Kevrob wrote:
>>
>>> Smart devices. Internet of Things.
>>>
>>> They make the stuff and/or the software that .
>>> allows people to hack your refrigerator, which
>>> tells your toaster to order your Rumba to trip
>>> you getting out of the shower so you break
>>> you neck. :)
>>
>>At last we are approaching a mechanism to support the events of
>>Matheson's "Mad House".
>>
>><http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?58480>
>>

>Never pwess the wed one!
>
> https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fu6di

Indeed!
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<sgs1f1$4vo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60200&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60200

From: morr...@epsilon3.comcon (Jay E. Morris)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 21:31:59 -0500
 by: Jay E. Morris - Fri, 3 Sep 2021 02:31 UTC

On 9/2/2021 10:53 AM, Paul S Person wrote:
> OTOH, apparently some thermostats can now be set by cellphone. That
> might be useful -- for the users. Unfortunately, I suspect this is the
> same capability being abused by power companies to impose/their/ idea
> of how things should be.
>
> Tradeoffs. Always.

Yes, but at least with mine I have to give the power company permission
to do so. I haven't.

Re: The 'Golden' (viral) Pattern of Day Trading

<OIKdndbWHPRj7a78nZ2dnUU7-c_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=60257&group=rec.arts.sf.written#60257

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: MailInst...@gmail.com (Jonathan)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 09:13:33 -0400
 by: Jonathan - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 13:13 UTC

On 9/2/2021 11:53 AM, Paul S Person wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Sep 2021 23:45:58 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob <kevrob@my-deja.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 6:31:30 PM UTC-4, Jonathan wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> And I still can't find what this company
>>> is about, doesn't really matter it's
>>> taken on a life of it's own.
>>>
>>> https://www.tradingview.com/x/7sEOudcd/
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Smart devices. Internet of Things.
>>
>> They make the stuff and/or the software that .
>> allows people to hack your refrigerator, which
>> tells your toaster to order your Rumba to trip
>> you getting out of the shower so you break
>> you neck. :)
>
> I've always thought the Internet of Things was a stupid idea.
>
> Who wants to receive an email (or, more likely I suppose, text) ever
> second from the refrigerator reporting that the breadbox is no longer
> responding to it and so it feels lonely?
>
> I once read an article describing something similar -- a phone that
> would /stop playing the movie/ when a call came in. After all,
> everybody knows that a cold call from a scam site is /far/ more
> important than a movie, right? This sort of nonsense I can do without.
>
> OTOH, apparently some thermostats can now be set by cellphone. That
> might be useful -- for the users. Unfortunately, I suspect this is the
> same capability being abused by power companies to impose /their/ idea
> of how things should be.
>
> Tradeoffs. Always.

I just love the auto bill pay invention though.

Back when you had to actually put a stamp on
an envelope to pay a bill my credit rating
was less than zero. I remember applying
for a car loan and the loan officer clicked
into his computer and replied...'You're a ghost'.

Seriously, that's exactly what he said.
The credit agencies didn't even have
my name spelled right.

Now my rating is golden thanks to auto pay.
I love that.

I no longer get all those letters from VISA
filling my mail box that go...

'You have been PRE-DECLINED for a Visa Card' <g>

I established credit that day as the loan officer
was a buddy, and he told me the company has the ability
to co-sign anyone they like for a loan, and he did.
Suddenly I had credit and made sure to keep it.