What garlic is to food, insanity is to art.

arts / rec.arts.poems / Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt Jackson

SubjectAuthor
* PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt JacksonGeorge J. Dance
+* Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt JacksonGeneral-Zod
|`* Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt JacksonGeorge J. Dance
| +- Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt JacksonW.Dockery
| `- Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt JacksonGeneral-Zod
`- Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt JacksonW-Dockery

1
PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt Jackson

<tjjm21$3j66h$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6047&group=rec.arts.poems#6047

From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt Jackson
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 12:57:37 -0400
 by: George J. Dance - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 16:57 UTC

Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
October's Bright Blue Weather, by Helen Hunt Jackson

O suns and skies and clouds of June,
And flowers of June together,
Ye cannot rival for one hour
October's bright blue weather
[...]
https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/10/octobers-bright-blue-weather-helen-hunt.html

Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt Jackson

<28e1df47e39eee03dc6cb4d04907ed23@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6049&group=rec.arts.poems#6049

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 19:42:49 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 29 Oct 2022 19:42 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
> October's Bright Blue Weather, by Helen Hunt Jackson

> O suns and skies and clouds of June,
> And flowers of June together,
> Ye cannot rival for one hour
> October's bright blue weather
> [...]
> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/10/octobers-bright-blue-weather-helen-hunt.html

I love this, as Fall is my favorite time of year....

Raking leaves for my regular customers, making a little $$$...

Life is GOOD..!

Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt Jackson

<tjpkho$j8ek$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6079&group=rec.arts.poems#6079

From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2022 19:08:40 -0400
 by: George J. Dance - Mon, 31 Oct 2022 23:08 UTC

On 2022-10-29 3:42 p.m., General-Zod wrote:
> George J. Dance wrote:
>>
>> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
>> October's Bright Blue Weather, by Helen Hunt Jackson
>
>> O suns and skies and clouds of June,
>> And flowers of June together,
>> Ye cannot rival for one hour
>> October's bright blue weather
>> [...]
>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/10/octobers-bright-blue-weather-helen-hunt.html
>
> I love this, as Fall is my favorite time of year....

I love this weather, but I can't say I love the entire month.

October is very much like April. We've had poetry on the blog about how
changeable April is, but October seems even more so. There are two
distinct months going on, Blue October and Gray October.

Blue October would be the month celebrated in this poem; the sun is
shining, it's warm but not hot, everything is beautiful. That's exactly
how it was two days ago, when I posted this poem.

Today it's Gray October; there's no sun, just clouds leaking rain all
day; everything is dark, and overcast.

I didn't plan it originally, but we have both those months on this
month's archives; Jackson's for Blue October, and Gray October in David
Gray's poem, "October's gold is dim, – the forests rot":

https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/10/octobers-gold-is-dim-david-gray.html

> Raking leaves for my regular customers, making a little $$$...
>
> Life is GOOD..!

I hope the Blue weather lasts.

Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt Jackson

<d778f79206fcb14d4860ae53ef1b2fc9@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6082&group=rec.arts.poems#6082

Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 00:58:23 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 00:58 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> On 2022-10-29 3:42 p.m., General-Zod wrote:
>> George J. Dance wrote:
>>>
>>> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
>>> October's Bright Blue Weather, by Helen Hunt Jackson
>>
>>> O suns and skies and clouds of June,
>>> And flowers of June together,
>>> Ye cannot rival for one hour
>>> October's bright blue weather
>>> [...]
>>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/10/octobers-bright-blue-weather-helen-hunt.html
>>
>> I love this, as Fall is my favorite time of year....
>>

> I love this weather, but I can't say I love the entire month.

> October is very much like April. We've had poetry on the blog about how
> changeable April is, but October seems even more so. There are two
> distinct months going on, Blue October and Gray October.

> Blue October would be the month celebrated in this poem; the sun is
> shining, it's warm but not hot, everything is beautiful. That's exactly
> how it was two days ago, when I posted this poem.

> Today it's Gray October; there's no sun, just clouds leaking rain all
> day; everything is dark, and overcast.

> I didn't plan it originally, but we have both those months on this
> month's archives; Jackson's for Blue October, and Gray October in David
> Gray's poem, "October's gold is dim, – the forests rot":

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/10/octobers-gold-is-dim-david-gray.html

>> Raking leaves for my regular customers, making a little $$$...
>>
>> Life is GOOD..!

> I hope the Blue weather lasts.

So far so good here down South.

🙂

Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt Jackson

<b623ef23589d6b42961c8989483c121c@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6086&group=rec.arts.poems#6086

Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 19:42:14 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 1 Nov 2022 19:42 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> On 2022-10-29 3:42 p.m., General-Zod wrote:
>> George J. Dance wrote:
>>>
>>> Today's poem on Penny's Poetry Blog:
>>> October's Bright Blue Weather, by Helen Hunt Jackson
>>
>>> O suns and skies and clouds of June,
>>> And flowers of June together,
>>> Ye cannot rival for one hour
>>> October's bright blue weather
>>> [...]
>>> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/10/octobers-bright-blue-weather-helen-hunt.html
>>
>> I love this, as Fall is my favorite time of year....
>>

> I love this weather, but I can't say I love the entire month.

> October is very much like April. We've had poetry on the blog about how
> changeable April is, but October seems even more so. There are two
> distinct months going on, Blue October and Gray October.

> Blue October would be the month celebrated in this poem; the sun is
> shining, it's warm but not hot, everything is beautiful. That's exactly
> how it was two days ago, when I posted this poem.

> Today it's Gray October; there's no sun, just clouds leaking rain all
> day; everything is dark, and overcast.

> I didn't plan it originally, but we have both those months on this
> month's archives; Jackson's for Blue October, and Gray October in David
> Gray's poem, "October's gold is dim, – the forests rot":

> https://gdancesbetty.blogspot.com/2022/10/octobers-gold-is-dim-david-gray.html

>> Raking leaves for my regular customers, making a little $$$...
>>
>> Life is GOOD..!

> I hope the Blue weather lasts.

Definitely in agreement, G.D.

Re: PPB: October's Bright Blue Weather / Helen Hunt Jackson

<5e1fa01809cf3e277c6e2a8e1e57c5ed@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6092&group=rec.arts.poems#6092

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 14:05:41 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 14:05 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 3:05:52 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod wrote:

>> > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Trolling snipped xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> > It did not rain a drop here, though....!
>> No rain over here, either.

> No rain

> Good to know.

Yes, beautiful weather today here in the Deep South.

🙂